+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Relic Drop Distribution (our actual drop list)

Default Relic Drop Distribution (our actual drop list)

The topic of loot distribution by class has been touched on, but I have yet to see any hard numbers on the issue. Frankly our guild is getting fed up with the completely lopsided loot distribution the gods of random numbers have graced us with. One guild's loot list is not a large enough sample to determine if the loot system itself is flawed (we could be just horribly unlucky) but I thought I would share ours with the community, just to see if other guilds have had similarly horrible luck.

After getting what seemed like our 50th cleric relic from BOTH crucia and regulos tonight, I decided to do the math and find out exactly what the distribution has been.

Tank relics that we have gotten are nearly evenly distributed; 5 Cleric Relics (3 shields in a row, fun) 4 Warrior Relics and 3 Rogue Relics.

Non-Tank relics have been stoopidly lopsided: (including 20-man epic items that upgrade to relics)
    • Cleric: 13
    • Mage: 8
    • Warrior: 2
    • Rogue: 1

We killed Crucia 1/8 and Regulos 2/5 and have not missed a week since then.
    That is 9 Regulos kills and 15 Crucia kills with 1 rogue and 2 warrior non-tanking relics to show for it (one of the warrior weapons we got was Stormlord's Flatblade, yippee!).

If you want to see exactly how unlucky we have been (and a picture illustrating my frustration), here is exactly what we have gotten:

Distribution Screenshot

First question: Does the number of relics available to the class have an effect on their drop rates? Does Regulos roll an evenly weighted pair of dice to decide what drops? If so clerics (and to a lesser extent mages) are naturally going to end up with more relics than the melee classes, because they have both healing and DPS relics.

By my count there are 9 cleric non-tanking relics and 4 rogue non-tanking relics, if the drop chance is evenly distributed by item, Trion must feel clerics are twice as deserving of relics than their rogue guildies.

Second question: Why are loot tables so large? Do we really need a cleric healing wand and a cleric DPS wand? Would a spell power proc not suffice for both?

I understand and actually enjoy random rewards and I personally have been very lucky with tanking relics, but I do know that we have had similarly bad luck in previous tiers and it is very demotivating when over half of your relics have gone to one class, while two other classes are almost completely left out in the cold.

I would be very interested to see other guild's lists to determine if the system is flawed or if we are just bad at looting.
    Last edited by Gumbercubes; 04-01-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening - 4/4 Hard Modes - Recruiting!

I want to say we've been cleric heavy but for the most part, everyone in the core group has relics and I'd say of the people who have relics, half of them have their set complete.

RNG is RNG.

I will say that the best relic system in rift was when Akylios would drop 2, one caster and one physical. I guess because there's 2 bosses in this tier that drop relics, they wouldn't that again until a tier with one boss dropping relics opened up. I think Trion is under the assumption that we'll be farming these bosses for so long that we won't need to worry about drop rates. Nevermind the fact that many of us of have alts that are killing regulos and crucia as well. So I don't know.

Look at this way, you could still be progressing on regulos and have half the relevant relics by the time the next tier comes out.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Plane Touched

Had a very similar experience to the OP not just with relics but also with the epic raid drops in my previous guild (before it disbanded). We however havent killed Regulos, so could only speak about the Crucia's relics, which are mostly for casters (including Crucia's heart), but we were at the point where our cleric tank got a dps relic for offspec, and even a social cleric we brought for one of our farm runs has got a relic cause none else wanted it, all our mages had relics as well, while all the rogues and many of the warriors were still using at least 1 expert dungeon quality weapon and zero relics. Going two 4/4+4/5 clears in a row with zero rogue drops of any kind was very typical for us.

WTT all our Warrior relics for your Cleric ones
    ;p
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.

Our experience is the same, we have clerics and mages upgrading relics with relics. We've had no warrior or rogue dps relics drop except for the rogue 1 hander from Crucia last night.

Itemization is terrible.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Master

We've had a pretty decent spread of "drops" however Clerics got a ton more upgrades from hearts than anyone else.

Plane Walker

Been killing Crucia/Regulos since Jan/Feb. Excluding tank gear, I think we have seen 2 Rogue relics and 1 War relic (gun... LOL!).

Well, back to praying to the RNG gods.
    Last edited by Sencas; 04-02-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Koz

•Cleric: 8
    •Mage: 12
    •Warrior: 0
    •Rogue: 1
    Kaybye ~

Rift Chaser

Definitely seen a skew in favor of mage/cleric relics and upgradable items that use hearts belonging to those classes. There seems to certainly be an overall thread of a similar distribution any time this is discussed. Sure would be nice to just get a response, even if it is: "We're happy with the distribution, you're just unlucky." So far, we've heard nothing. I know in the past they've adjusted drop rates based on feedback, not sure why we're getting radio silence this time around.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

DPS/Healing drops:
    Cleric: 5
    Mage: 10
    Warrior: 3
    Rogue: 1

Tank drops:
    Cleric: 4
    Warrior: 2
    Rogue: 0

Upgradable drops are all over the place, but similarly skewed towards clerics and mages.

I'm sure there is some selection bias (guilds that have had good drop distribution are less likely to post their drops) but 4 guilds having a very similar problem is definitely a trend.
    Last edited by Gumbercubes; 04-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening - 4/4 Hard Modes - Recruiting!

I would agree that the boss loot tables are over itemized relative to the number of drops total per clear. There are far too many drops for every class, forget the fact that clerics have many more up-gradable and relic weapons than others, everyone is over itemized.

This is compounded by the fact that the bosses only drop two pieces of loot which makes no sense. Given Rift's soul system and the likely hood that multiple players in the raid will obtain multiple gear sets, the FES drop rate and number of items per boss is too low. Let's say you had a perfect 5/5/5/5 raid comp. Potentially 15 of those players need tank and DPS sets. You only get like 70 or so marks a week from raiding (and that's being generous on bonus) so to outfit all of your players with tank/dps gear that need it you are looking at a ridiculous amount of clears. This is coupled with the fact that for many classes (mages/rogues) most of their BiS gear is either crafted or not purchased with marks.

So you have a small number of bosses with loot tables that are over itemized and you only squeak out 18 drops per week and that's counting two capes no one wants and a trinket no one uses. The supposed reason for this must be extension of the life of content by making it relevant in that you need drops from these zones. However, crafted gear is good, the difference between relic and non-relic is laughable, and given that my rogue who has 2.8k AP raid buffed and blues galore has a hard mode kill I'd hardly say the gear is completely necessary. I think it would be far more rewarding and effective if they increased the number of drops per boss to 3 and reduced the amount of loot in the table by 30%. While this would be optimal I'd even just be fine with 3 drops per boss.
    Last edited by cwharland; 04-02-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Our drops are predominately caster drops as well. Even more so if you count in the upgraded pieces and how there are zero upgrades using Crucia's heart for rogues... and the only warrior one that uses crucia's heart that i'm aware of is the tanking 2h sword.

Pretty sure every regular raider with a blue bar has a relic or three.

Couple of warriors have upgraded 2h from Goloch... one or two warrior swords, warrior gun...

zero rogue dps weapons have dropped as far as I'm aware. Two upgraded daggers...

and a tiny selection of tank drops, but those aren't really in great demand anyhow.

Soon, we shall be sharding orange caster bits. Or giving them to alts.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-02-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    and a tiny selection of tank drops, but those aren't really in great demand anyhow.
    Shh yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Shh yes they are.
    No one cares about warrior tanks!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast