+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK Acheviement: It's a Trap!

Soulwalker

Default HK Acheviement: It's a Trap!

Hi everyone,

My guildmates and I tried to do the "It's a Trap!" achievement on Zilas last night. We focused on the boss and his adds, thinking that leaving the cristals alone during the fight would count them as "disabled". Didn't really go as planned...

So my question is:
    -should we bring all 4 crystals to orange mode at the same time, and then kill Zilas?;
    -or: I know that around 20% of his life, he summons some spirits that prevent you from using the crystals. But not on all of them. IDoes Zilas repeat this summoning, so that at the end all crystalls are "occupied"? So is this what we have to do to get the achievement?

thank you for any insight you might offer

K.

Aye, sometimes it takes quite awhile for all the crystals to be disabled; you need to wait for the Drifting Umbrals to focus each of the 4 crystals.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Pines; 03-28-2013 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Clarification
    what is this I don't even

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kman134 View Post
    -or: I know that around 20% of his life, he summons some spirits that prevent you from using the crystals.
    This is what the achievement is about. Black ghosts disabling the crystals.

Also note only up to four black ghosts can spawn. Sometimes you will get unlucky and have two black ghosts on one crystal. In that case, mark one of them and have the raid kill it so another ghost can spawn and (hopefully) go to your remaining crystal.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Also note only up to four black ghosts can spawn. Sometimes you will get unlucky and have two black ghosts on one crystal. In that case, mark one of them and have the raid kill it so another ghost can spawn and (hopefully) go to your remaining crystal.
    we have definitely had more then four spawn at a time. think we had six when we got the achieve
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Champion

Hitting the crystals freezes the magus for a few seconds if they are on the flat part of the platform when the crystal is hit, giving you more time to dps the magus as he runs towards the platform. When a black ghost is up, this function no longer works.

When the level cap was 50 killing a magus needed a certain amount of coordination from raid members. So the spirit of the achieve is to have black ghosts disable all the crystals making it impossible to freeze the magus and thus more difficult to dps them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    That's untrue. They spawn at regular intervals after Zilas hits 25% (he can be healed up after w/ imps).

You just have to wait until all 4 has a black ghost disabling them before killing him for the achievement.

Which, if you're unlucky, can take quite a while. Fortunately enrage on zilas did nothing even back at lv 50 =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    That's untrue. They spawn at regular intervals after Zilas hits 25% (he can be healed up after w/ imps).

You just have to wait until all 4 has a black ghost disabling them before killing him for the achievement.

Which, if you're unlucky, can take quite a while. Fortunately enrage on zilas did nothing even back at lv 50 =P
    Yeah, I still remember that double enrage at like 20 or 25 minutes. Jeez, that achievement sucked.
    Atyr - Executor of Addiction

Soulwalker

thanks to everyone! I really appreciate your input

We will try again next week, and hopefully, luck will favour us.

Thanks again

K.

+ Reply to Thread