+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Raiding difficulty level in Rift

Default Raiding difficulty level in Rift

Recently, more and more people on forums complain that raids are difficult, yet on my shard (Icewatch) most guilds have done at least 5 bosses out of 9 available, Crucia was killed by quite alot of guilds, so is Matriarch. I remember doing HK and ID and some of the bosses there were way more difficult. Yes, my guild cleared the content, we are doing hard modes now, so somebody could say my view on that is biased. Is it?
    Is current tier really that difficult, with all the nerfs that were already patched? Does it really require that much effort from 20 people? Or maybe some people should do a reality check and understand that problem is not in the game difficulty.
    No, this post is not to bash bad players, or casuals/hardcores (whatever that terms actually mean for some people). I rather start discussion about current raids and expectations for future tiers from people with different approach to the game.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 03-25-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: i hate you Seatin :p

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    most guilds have done at least 5 bosses out of 8 available,
    No wonder people are complaining, they don't even know how many bosses are in the current 20 man raid tier!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

lol, good catch gonna edit my post, that what you get when writing on forums during holiday
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 03-25-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Rift Chaser

I'm a little confused as to what your argument is? People are bad for not killing stuff?

From what I understand, something like 80+ guilds have killed Crucia in a raid that has been available for about four months. Another 20 or so have killed through twins. In EE, a raid that has been out about 3 months, the number of kills is much lower, but that is to be expected - not many nerfs have hit that raid like they have FT, especially on the final boss.

Honestly, I think difficulty is right where it always has been. Hardmodes were released that are actually HARD and all the original content is still available as well at the same difficulty as before, with the same nerfing of content prior to new releases as has always been done.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

No, I only asked a question how difficult raids are. Not saying people are bad because they cant kill it. I do agree that current tier is just fine - not difficult like hard modes and not afkraiding either. Just bit of effort and focus required. Yet people ask to make "easy modes" or nerf more. What else you can nerf? And why would you do it?

Rift Chaser

I guess I'm not seeing people asking for these nerfs of content. I see pug raids for FT running constantly. I'm not saying people aren't - I just haven't seen it.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys

Champion

FT can be cleared in about 45 minutes so I don't think any more nerfs there are needed. EE should be left alone, especially Regulos. Let Reggy stand, as is, as a real accomplishment for a guild. Kind of like a yard stick.

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    FT can be cleared in about 45 minutes so I don't think any more nerfs there are needed. EE should be left alone, especially Regulos. Let Reggy stand, as is, as a real accomplishment for a guild. Kind of like a yard stick.

Just my opinion
    Nah, nerf it.

Trion, make it so the people who pay for this game feel accomplishment and will continue to subscribe. nerf it.

; )

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    Nah, nerf it.

Trion, make it so the people who pay for this game feel accomplishment and will continue to subscribe. nerf it.

; )
    It will get nerfed before new content just like they have done to every raid encounter since the game launched.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys

reality check and understand that problem is not in the game difficulty
    ^

This. The content is easy enough, the only thing the guilds have to do is put in the effort.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Plane Walker

With EE, I don't think it's the difficulty..I think it's the progressive scaling that's messed up. Kain you can sleepwalk through, while progenitor is more strict with mechanics. Matriarch is more difficult than Goloch..Progenitor is more difficult than Goloch...I have a hard time saying Kain is more difficult than anything..but it just might be he's only the second easiest boss in this instance.

To compare this tier..you can't(well..you can but you shouldn't) compare this to HK and ID. Those were tier 2 and 3 of 'chocolate' Rift's original release. TOTD, FT and EE are tier 1. It's like DH, GSB and RoS. In every case, I think the current tier 1 content is of greater difficulty than the former/original first tier of raid content.

I don't have any issue with the difficulty, but I do think that is the case. Raid content shouldn't be in such a state that progression is guaranteed. It's not a 'right', but a privilege for guilds/people willing to put in the time, effort and energy to adequately prepare their characters enough to be successful. That and people insane enough to bang their heads up against walls until they turn into raid encounters and fall over dead, then fold up into nice, neat chests with loot.

For me personally the content is too easy, but that isn't the case for a lot of people. Unfortunately progression is all about the weakest link.

Off-topic: I'd like to raid with 19 clones, at least then I know the limiting factor is me.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

Recently, more and more people on forums complain that raids are difficult, yet on my shard (Icewatch) most guilds have done at least 5 bosses out of 9 available, Crucia was killed by quite alot of guilds, so is Matriarch. I remember doing HK and ID and some of the bosses there were way more difficult. Yes, my guild cleared the content, we are doing hard modes now, so somebody could say my view on that is biased. Is it?
    Is current tier really that difficult, with all the nerfs that were already patched? Does it really require that much effort from 20 people? Or maybe some people should do a reality check and understand that problem is not in the game difficulty.
    No, this post is not to bash bad players, or casuals/hardcores (whatever that terms actually mean for some people). I rather start discussion about current raids and expectations for future tiers from people with different approach to the game.
    More and more people claim they are too hard on the forums - but they are easy for you so these people must be wrong, okay if ya say so.

On your shard most guilds have killed bosses. I bet more guilds havnt killed them than those that have. You confuse most guilds with most large raiding guilds.

Yes your view is biased you are in a minority of guilds with raids on farm and doing hardmodes.

This post just shows your ignorance and self centred nascisim. You clear FT in 45 minutes fine, seems like its no longer a challenge to you whatsoever. You wont clear it any faster or loose any enjoyment if its nerfed into the ground.
    It might just provide a bit of enjoyment for people who arent as amazing as yourself though and struggle with it.

Most of the nerf posts ive seen/participated in have asked for either:

a) easy modes
    b) Only the nerfing of bosses which have got a hard mode already implemented.

Neither having any affect on people who are better skilled and already clearing the 20 mans or participating in hardmodes, as people are tolerant and understand hardcore/better players need content too.

You have popped in here and without any compromise said people who do not have the skill/organiation/time to complete raids as they are should not get to see said raids. Even when it is no skin off your nose if they see them or not.

Thats like me saying, because i suck at raiding I hope they nerf every single raid into the ground so you have nothing to do as a more skilled player.

I do hope they nerf the bosses that have a hard mode into the ground though and that your worst realisation of casual players running about with the same gear as you becomes reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox View Post
    Angry rant
    Why are you so upset? Settle, petal.

The OP was asking questions of people, not making statements. No need to jump down his throat.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

He kept his statements and angry ranting to the thread that someone already posted in the main discussion forum.

Got shot down and brought his rant to the dungeon and raid forums where he expected to get a more posative response.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast