+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fixing some annoying Regulos bugs soon?

Default Fixing some annoying Regulos bugs soon?

From time to time it happens that Sicaron just turn around and hits people without a reason....today he killed the same mage about 7 times. The last time he not resummoned his pet on the platform. It was just really annoying...also the issue that sometimes adds from deaths not properly despawn.
    Would be nice to have some fixes for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    From time to time it happens that Sicaron just turn around and hits people without a reason....today he killed the same mage about 7 times. The last time he not resummoned his pet on the platform. It was just really annoying...also the issue that sometimes adds from deaths not properly despawn.
    Would be nice to have some fixes for that.
    First off... the mage is possibly pulling agro. Yes Sicaron turns but only to "mark" a player. If hes turning and killing someone it sounds like a tanking problem.

Secondly... what "pet summoning" are you speaking of. And there are 3 platforms + bridge platform.

Finally... if a player dies.. and an add spawns.. the add doesn't just "despawn". It must be ignored (or killed if you have the dps) and tanked.

You need to be a bit more specific in the details when giving feedback or asking for help. But from what i understand... none of the issues you are experiencing sound like bugs. They sound like folks misunderstanding the fight, or personal mistakes being made. Its possible I'm wrong, but im just going by the limited info you provided.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 03-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Plane Touched

Not directly related...messing around during progression I noticed that Sicaron would turn around and kill Dead Fluffy if I had him up. He didn't hit me though.

There are times when people die on Sica/RK platforms and a wipe occurs before you re-engage Regulos that an add can still be around. If you notice an add is still up after you rez, have two people remove all buffs and run in to die and it should reset.

I've seen that too, Sicaron does have something against the mages, i guess he doesnt like the fact a mage could solo heal him just before Storm Legion, so, sometime, he's picking a mage in your roster, and play with his dead body for the whole night.

Now, to be serious, it really happens sometime, and it always happen for the same person, it always was a mage i saw dying of this. I remember someone saying it's a pet issue, revoke your pet before going on the sicaron's platform, and summon it again AFTER Sicaron was pulled.

Then, the adds don't despawn, they're there to show you you screwed, and to make your tanks pay your mistake.

Champion

He means sicaron randomly turning around and hitting pets and stuff.. not a tank aggro issue, its sicaron aggro issue where he just doesnt like pets for some bizarre reason and u have to double taunt sicaron to prevent it from happening.

And the adds not despawning is a bugg. After a wipe on Regulos sometimes all the adds do not reset and despawn, meaning they are active when u go to the platforms or something and you get adds for no reason as no one has died.
    Last edited by Weenz; 03-25-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    First off... the mage is possibly pulling agro. Yes Sicaron turns but only to "mark" a player. If hes turning and killing someone it sounds like a tanking problem.

Secondly... what "pet summoning" are you speaking of. And there are 3 platforms + bridge platform.

Finally... if a player dies.. and an add spawns.. the add doesn't just "despawn". It must be ignored (or killed if you have the dps) and tanked.

You need to be a bit more specific in the details when giving feedback or asking for help. But from what i understand... none of the issues you are experiencing sound like bugs. They sound like folks misunderstanding the fight, or personal mistakes being made. Its possible I'm wrong, but im just going by the limited info you provided.
    Like others said it`s not a aggro problem he just didn`t like the mage and killed him every try...and I don`t think mages have a taunt(he can`t pull aggro if he does less dmg than other dds also most of his dmg comes from pets so his aggro should be far less).
    It is just annoying that this Sicaron bug really often happens, but guess I say our tanks they should try the double taunt thing if they don`t do it.

Always hug the Sicaron with contract so tank is in range of dps boost. We had few instances of tank losing aggro cause he wasnt in the contract circle while dpsers were. Also any kind of companion/pet/temportary summon is a risky business there, as Sicaron tends to attack them (best example is rogue's Decoy)

Why would you be using pets on Regulos to begin with?

Unless you have Greater Satyr Protector tanking of course.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    Always hug the Sicaron with contract so tank is in range of dps boost. We had few instances of tank losing aggro cause he wasnt in the contract circle while dpsers were. Also any kind of companion/pet/temportary summon is a risky business there, as Sicaron tends to attack them (best example is rogue's Decoy)
    Like I said the try without the pet on the platform didn`t help the mage to get punched and others were much higher in dps than him....also if he likes to attack pets without a reason it also seems to be buggy or is it a feature to not use satyrs ;)?

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Why would you be using pets on Regulos to begin with?

Unless you have Greater Satyr Protector tanking of course.
    Some mages don`t like warlock

Some mages don`t like warlock
    Harbinger. Archon. Chloromancer.

*I can't stand lock either so I get that part but that doesn't mean you use a substandard soul. You change to a spec you do like and have someone else go lock. That's the great thing about Rift and the ability to change souls.
    Last edited by Frailaq; 03-25-2013 at 06:55 AM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Harbinger. Archon. Chloromancer.

*I can't stand lock either so I get that part but that doesn't mean you use a substandard soul. You change to a spec you do like and have someone else go lock. That's the great thing about Rift and the ability to change souls.
    Nah some dps playing necrolist or how it is called....don`t play my mage alt as dps often.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    He means sicaron randomly turning around and hitting pets and stuff.. not a tank aggro issue, its sicaron aggro issue where he just doesnt like pets for some bizarre reason and u have to double taunt sicaron to prevent it from happening.
    As ive not seen a mage with a pet out on the Reg fight before.... and he just mentioned the mage dying, it wasnt something that passed through my mind. If indeed Sicaron doesn't like pets... that is odd, but as someone else said... its an easy fix in terms of simply dismissing and/or re-summoning. And i doubt that it would be an easy bug to fix if it is, in fact, a bug. I still have my doubts that its a bug and that its simply the pet attacking the boss upon zone in and screwing up the agro table.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    ^this could help some.

Like I said the try without the pet on the platform didn`t help the mage to get punched and others were much higher in dps than him....also if he likes to attack pets without a reason it also seems to be buggy or is it a feature to not use satyrs ;)?
    If you have tried it without the pet and the mage is lower dps and is STILL getting punched then i dont know what to tell you. Perhaps the mage is using some very hard hitting ability and the tanks agro is weak at that point? Its not an issue Trinity has ever experienced that i know of, nor is it something i had honestly heard about before now. This leads me to believe it may not be a bug but some player error of some sort. Certainly bugs do happen, but this is not a common one if it is a bug. And that would make it almost impossible to fix.

Champion

If the mage is dying as soon as you guys enter the portal then it could possibly be that he is tab targeting sicaron as soon as he enters.. During the portal phase if you target sicaron at all you are still considered in combat and you could possibly pull him.. if that is not the case then I'm at a loss. I have never experienced this issue as well in raids.
    Shunn-Warrior l Tabula Rasa l TODQ 4/4 l FT 4/4
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage
    FT 4/4 l EE 4/5 (Alt run)

Turning thing happens in the middle of the sicaron fight and he punches him....and like I said is not the in the top of the dps list at sicaron....these are the melee ones....but if I remember right this issue only happens with mages in our raid and also with the necro spec(not sure).
    Just the annoying thing was that it happened every try to the same mage the last raid...and it happened always at different times it goes from nearly before sicarons death to about 90% that he turned around and just killed him.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-25-2013 at 07:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast