+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What's planned after Regulos?

Default What's planned after Regulos?

So..... they've added a ton of content recently, and even before SL....... and I came back to this game, but it looks like we are now killing Regulos soon.... already.....

So what are we going to do once we've killed the guy that is kinda like the whole point of playing this game? Will I get to 60 with nothing new to kill?

Do they have content planned after Regulos? Does anyone know for sure or are we just guessing?
    Last edited by Bgott; 03-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Ardinan@Shatterbone
    Bavok@Shatterbone

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bgott View Post
    So..... they've added a ton of content recently, and even before SL....... and I came back to this game, but it looks like we are now killing Regulos soon.... already.....

So what are we going to do once we've killed the guy that is kinda like the whole point of playing this game? Will I get to 60 with nothing new to kill?

Do they have content planned after Regulos? Does anyone know for sure or are we just guessing?
    It seems unlikely that Rift as an MMO with a business model for adding content to retain subscriptions would be adding more content....

I am pretty sure that there is no new content planned ever again and since you just read it on the internet it must be true.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Naa once u beat regulos, u beat the game. U get a credits roll - that u cant skip, must watch - and then u get a thank u letter in ur ingame mail.

There is always new content. Hell there is a new 10 man raid on PTS for public to test right now. Welcome to the world of MMOs.
    Retired

Crucia isn't dead.

It surprised me as well, but seems like regulos isnt the end boss of the game, crucia seems to be way more... important.

And remember there's a lot of things to do, like going into the plan of each element, kill crucia or so i heard.

The unique lore rift has allow the story to go in a lot of directions we've yet to see.

Simon Ffinch already laid out the plan. There are vaccums of power since the dragons were killed and the ascended will make use of the infinity gate to take care of whatever problems arise from this. The lore hasn't been set up, yet, but I'm sure the next world event and 10man will contribute to doing so.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 03-24-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

(SPOILERS) When Regulos dies, he says the following:

"Great horrors and ageless beings make their homes in the boundless terrors of the void! Without me to shroud Telara from their sight, which fiends will be the first to turn their hungering gaze upon your souls?"

Other than that, we'll have to wait on more specifics to see where the narrative goes... but there's more out there!
    Spence <Legit>

I've always assumed the blood storm are just a rag-tag band of teenage brothers and sisters rampaging from planet to planet in search of planar power and just wrecking havoc where-ever they go.

For future content we have:

- Crucia, who isn't dead.
    - Enter the Planes, which has been hinted at in all the latest videos, livestreams, interviews, even forum posts.
    - With entering the planes, we'll probably start seeing new, stronger foes. We'll see that the rag-tag blood storm dragons are just little kids on a rampage.
    - If you look at characters like Alltha from Ember Isle, you'll see that there are others who wish to lead their Plane or Planes and are more than willing to step up to take the throne.
    - The Vigil. I still think they're no more 'gods' than the dragon 'gods'.
    - Possible mergers. I personally believe there's at least one Laethys/Maelforge egg that survived, creating a hybrid Earth/Fire dragon/monster.
    The fact that all the energy from the different dragons are now flying around all over the place (their essence) means it could be possible that someone has found a way to combine them into hybrids (think of that Defiant scientist-guy whose name I can't quite recall. Optheron? Orpheus? Narud? ). With their dragons gone (except Crucia), we've already seen the Champions of the Firestorm clan from the fire plane, as well as the earth plane being on Crucia's side (for one reason or another, one of them being mind control leeches on Architects that come from the Earth plane).

- Plus if we are going to Enter the Planes; it's kind of obvious there will be greater dangers there. I doubt the Planes sent their leaders all to Telara, and sent their best to Telara and left only the failures/house-keepers/low-level goons back in their Plane. That would result in a very boring set of expansion/s /content. Also, in their own Planes I'm assuming they would all be stronger just from being surrounded by their element.
    Last edited by Jonus; 03-24-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Rift was secretly a tie in with Dr. Who like Defiance was with that one T.V. show.
    Last edited by nicold; 03-24-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Welcome to MMO's?
    Developers introduce content....
    Players progress through content...
    More and more players complete content... while Developers design new content...
    Players farm content as Developers test the new content....
    New content is released. The cycle continues.

Regulos is not the end of RIFT. In fact, if you look into the lore of the game, there is so so so much more.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 03-24-2013 at 07:50 PM.

My guess is no new pvp content

What's planned after Regulos?

usually i turn in my drr and log out for dinner
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I've always assumed the blood storm are just a rag-tag band of teenage brothers and sisters rampaging from planet to planet in search of planar power and just wrecking havoc where-ever they go.

- Enter the Planes, which has been hinted at in all the latest videos, livestreams, interviews, even forum posts.
    - With entering the planes, we'll probably start seeing new, stronger foes. We'll see that the rag-tag blood storm dragons are just little kids on a rampage.
    - If you look at characters like Alltha from Ember Isle, you'll see that there are others who wish to lead their Plane or Planes and are more than willing to step up to take the throne.
    - Possible mergers. I personally believe there's at least one Laethys/Maelforge egg that survived, creating a hybrid Earth/Fire dragon/monster.
    The fact that all the energy from the different dragons are now flying around all over the place (their essence) means it could be possible that someone has found a way to combine them into hybrids (think of that Defiant scientist-guy whose name I can't quite recall. Optheron? Orpheus? Narud? ). With their dragons gone (except Crucia), we've already seen the Champions of the Firestorm clan from the fire plane, as well as the earth plane being on Crucia's side (for one reason or another, one of them being mind control leeches on Architects that come from the Earth plane).

- Plus if we are going to Enter the Planes; it's kind of obvious there will be greater dangers there. I doubt the Planes sent their leaders all to Telara, and sent their best to Telara and left only the failures/house-keepers/low-level goons back in their Plane. That would result in a very boring set of expansion/s /content. Also, in their own Planes I'm assuming they would all be stronger just from being surrounded by their element.
    A few questions that Trion will have to answer with whatever happens from here on out in relation to the story is whether the planes are complete worlds, like telara, with continents, factions, whether those factions are at war, power struggles, etc. I doubt that all of them will be that big, some of them might have been devoured or partially destroyed. The speculation could be endless. They also, if they want a more epic feel in the raids and dungeons, have to make these enemies believable and give the ascended enough reason to go somewhere and want to kill bosses. Sure, you can lay out a raid out there and just say, "Here are some bosses, go kill them". But, that wouldn't work as well as taking a bit of extra time and just developing some kind of back story. They also don't need to pull existing bad guy into their content. They can make new bad guys, but they have to be believable. Being sloppy and not tying them into lore in an interesting way will not cut it with this audience.

Back when I had started playing Rift I would talk to former friends about speculation about the planes. One big speculation was that after all the dragons die the ascended armies would storm into the planes and set up fortifications there in order to give telara advanced warning of invasions. But, Telara is a planet, and the planes are in other dimensions than our own, so there are still interplanetary threats that Telara must contend with. I don't think that with the existing size of modern Telaran armies that we could stand a chance. Sure, we are ascended, but as far as I know Tempest Bay doesn't have a standing army of fodder to send into war against the fodder of other bad guys.

The second thing that I speculated at, which could be totally believable and plausible, is that instead the Vigil have been manipulating the ascended to their own means which we are not aware of. We could be worshiping false gods who have abandoned us since raising the ward. Bad people can do good things if it serves them in the end! So, I will go out on a limb and say that the Vigil will end up becoming the ultimate bad guys. The ascended of Telara will fight them, since they are the ONLY truly major figures left in chocolate Rift lore that we actually have deep lore on, and once defeated the Telarans will feel the shackles come undone and finally be free. With that being done, there would be no need for Defiants or Guardians and the developers would be free to write their own story. Today's devs aren't guaranteed to be tomorrow's devs. And, as we saw with the layoffs, the company has to future proof itself. And, with Rift being their largest game, and main cash cow, together with PVE and the lore being a major part of why people get so invested, I think it only serves them right in the future.

I could also see them bringing back Orphiel Fairwind and him making some kind of time machine which, for a few months, sets Telara back to ancient times and we could explore things of the past, as well as enemies from that era. That would be a huge undertaking, and I am guessing resources are spread thin, but it would be interesting.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post

There's another possibility, too, and that's that Telara could be invaded... by the Ascended from other dimensions. We've gone to other slivers ourselves in the 10-man raids, and there's no reason that couldn't work the other way around.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by nicold View Post
    Rift was secretly a tie in with Dr. Who like Defiance was with that one T.V. show.
    That would be pretty much the greatest thing ever.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast