+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WTB Karuul Alert Code for Tank swap Twins

Default WTB Karuul Alert Code for Tank swap Twins

Ok, so I don't really WTB anything, but does anyone have a code for "Ire"?

Does anyone have a hand me down karuul alert code for the tanks for this fight? I tanked this for the first time last night and having trouble seeing the "IRE" debuff..

I notice its on KBM but there is a lag when it pops up, and if its 6's to taunt it ends up being like a 2 second window.. So if I can set up a karuul alert I think that is my best bet for the tank swap.. Also gadgets maybe I can set something up? Any tips for noticing the debuff "Ire" is greatly appreciated.

Are you running the latest version of KBM? I've never had any sort of lag on it appearing in mine, it's always instantaneous.

Plane Walker

I user Karuul Alert a LOT - yet don't bother for this fight (I tank heal as Chloro).
    It's a really obvious debuff in the raid frame. There's only that one and the aoe hit that appears on this fight so it's pretty easy to spot.

I'm sure someone can help with an alert if you still need one, it's just a matter of noting down what each spell is called really, then it's easy to make one.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

I'm at work right now, but I'll post mine when I get home tonight.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide View Post
    Ok, so I don't really WTB anything, but does anyone have a code for "Ire"?

Does anyone have a hand me down karuul alert code for the tanks for this fight? I tanked this for the first time last night and having trouble seeing the "IRE" debuff..

I notice its on KBM but there is a lag when it pops up, and if its 6's to taunt it ends up being like a 2 second window.. So if I can set up a karuul alert I think that is my best bet for the tank swap.. Also gadgets maybe I can set something up? Any tips for noticing the debuff "Ire" is greatly appreciated.
    Focus target the tank you are swapping with, see it show up on him

Boom, no addon needed

Prophet of Telara

wtb menu option to separate self buffs from debuffs in the original ui.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Focus target the tank you are swapping with, see it show up on him

Boom, no addon needed
    I agree... Could you image how many people wouldn't be able to raid without addons.

Trion should take them away just for fun. I Vote to start making games hard.

I do say they would need to add a few features to the game like being able to place the cast bar of focus targets \ target of target anywhere on the screen, So people could see the
    mechanics as they happen. Maybe multiple focus targets.. Believe it or not bosses tell you what they are going to do.

Next addon will have auto stack and run out and in abilities. Zone in hit GO, watch the movie.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I user Karuul Alert a LOT - yet don't bother for this fight (I tank heal as Chloro).
    It's a really obvious debuff in the raid frame. There's only that one and the aoe hit that appears on this fight so it's pretty easy to spot.

I'm sure someone can help with an alert if you still need one, it's just a matter of noting down what each spell is called really, then it's easy to make one.
    You forgot about the two resistance field debuffs(which admittedly nobody ever really notices) that make you unable to damage whichever twin hit you with it.

Telaran

<Insert speech about how I'm amazing and anybody that uses addons is a scrub>

Kolmasveli (blue)
    Code:
    KA:Kolmasveli's Ire:asbGxeNqzNrQOsU7LTy4ttgax3IDQOz8nN7G4LDUnU71YwbMo1TovPy/
    V2gAoD5I1AMKgzLQSa5fEkkT9mFDPmMSkzJzMksr4zOT8vOKYzLzkzJLUeAPD+ES9lJRisHpDExM
    wNgaaYe3s6hfiGgRiGYKhsQHYXqgwmGcGtscNABx9Ln0
    Toinenveli (red)
    Code:
    KA:Toinenveli's Ire:a5FNgeNqzNrQOsU7LTy4ttgax3IAwJD8zLzWvLDUnU71YwbMo1TovPy/
    V2gAoD5I1AMKgzLQSa5fEkkT9mFDPmMSkzJzMksr4zOT8vOKYzLzkzJLUeANDvZSUYrBqQxMTMDY
    GmmDt7OoX4hoEYhmCobEB2FaoMJhnBrbFDQCyOy3D
    Make sure you edit layout to position them, and set the offtank as your focus target.
    Arkz@Icewatch
    Arkzy@Icewatch
    <Problem Solved>

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Optik View Post
    I agree... Could you image how many people wouldn't be able to raid without addons.

Trion should take them away just for fun. I Vote to start making games hard.

I do say they would need to add a few features to the game like being able to place the cast bar of focus targets \ target of target anywhere on the screen, So people could see the
    mechanics as they happen. Maybe multiple focus targets.. Believe it or not bosses tell you what they are going to do.

Next addon will have auto stack and run out and in abilities. Zone in hit GO, watch the movie.
    I really don't get how you can equate Kalert to having the game play for you. It just allows users to customize a terrible UI. Not like it plays the game for them. The reason I don't do the focus target thing for this particular fight is partly because the tank I focus has a million buffs on them and I only care about one. If I set it to only see my buffs/debuffs, I can't see bards buffs, clover, etc. on myself, which I do not like. Also, since I don't have KBM, I tab back and forth between the two bosses to monitor HP difference so I can call out for the DPS to slow down. If Rift had the flexibility to customize the UI so I can make debuffs bigger and/or move them, I wouldn't use Kalert.

But yes, you are so pro because you can look at the focus window while I noob it up looking at at icon .25 times bigger and slightly closer to the center of my field of vision. How bad and unengaged I am in the game now!!!
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Step one - Go to Setting's > Interface > Combat > Turn on "Show only my buffs on target and party members"

Step two - Scale your buff bar to 1.2

BAM, no addons needed.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Telaran

If you turn off other people's buffs, then you can't see when a cleric has hc on a tank, or in some cases if a tank is using a cd, this is important information.
    It's nice to see when the other Chloros WG falls off, rather than counting to 12.
    Karuul alerts is more like an information filter that just helps you choose what is important to see, and arrange it in a way that works for you.

I love addons, they let me focus on actually healing people rather than squinting at my screen looking for buffs/debuffs, there have been occasions when karuuls has crashed, and I have been fine, just with a bit of a headache from all the squinting.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lisea View Post
    If you turn off other people's buffs, then you can't see when a cleric has hc on a tank, or in some cases if a tank is using a cd, this is important information.
    It's nice to see when the other Chloros WG falls off, rather than counting to 12.
    Karuul alerts is more like an information filter that just helps you choose what is important to see, and arrange it in a way that works for you.

I love addons, they let me focus on actually healing people rather than squinting at my screen looking for buffs/debuffs, there have been occasions when karuuls has crashed, and I have been fine, just with a bit of a headache from all the squinting.
    Did you know that you can apply filter on a chat and have multiple chats windows setted differently ? You can also have sound alert in standard UI.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Akylios turns to the right. Get out of there! Make sure you don't go right! He's about to breathe! He's gonna do it soon! He's about to!!! AKYLIOS BREATHES TO THE RIGHT!

5 people die
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 03-23-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Akylios turns to his right. Get out of there! Make sure you don't go right! He's about to breathe! He's gonna do it soon! He's about to!!! AKYLIOS BREATHES TO THE RIGHT!

5 people die
    Truer words...the good ole days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast