+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ranking?

Default Ranking?

Is anyone doing rankings anymore? I know Aethys loved doing it but he left game, wondering if anyone else has taken up the job?

Rift Chaser

Not rankings exactly, but Eosmeep put together a spreadsheet, explained in this thread, that details kill order on the dragons and some hardmode tracking.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Pretty sure that eosmeep is doing a spreadsheet kinda thing, their really aren't any "hardcore" rankings anymore...its maybe like 10-15 guilds tops who would even be trying for world firsts?

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Pretty sure that eosmeep is doing a spreadsheet kinda thing, their really aren't any "hardcore" rankings anymore...its maybe like 10-15 guilds tops who would even be trying for world firsts?
    More like 5-6, if that.

When Veev did a ranking his home address, phone number, and real name were revealed and he was relentlessly harassed. When Aethys did a ranking he ended up being caught up in ban deal for pvp business and SO/exploit exploded or something. So I think people don't want to make one for fear of what random stuff might happen.

Add that to the fact that rankings always end up being who killed last boss before anyone else =) Go figure.
    Last edited by cwharland; 03-15-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

My spreadsheet isn't really "ranking" per se but it gives you a good idea of where guilds stand for this progression tier.

Whenever I attempt to do something with a point-based system it can be said I'm trying to bias it for my guild so I try to stay away from that for now. Qube is working up something like this, we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    When Veev did a ranking his home address, phone number, and real name were revealed and he was relentlessly harassed. When Aethys did a ranking he ended up being caught up in ban deal for pvp business and SO/exploit exploded or something. So I think people don't want to make one for fear of what random stuff might happen.

Add that to the fact that rankings always end up being who killed last boss before anyone else =) Go figure.
    The ranking site had little to do with Veev being harassed imo.

I has something...

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post

Veev was harassed due to his behavior and forcing people in a biased ranking system. Aethys ranking and his quitting has absolutely nothing to do with each other tho, he quit due to real life issue. Eitherway Eosmeep spreadsheet is the best way to rank imo, especially if he continues factoring in patch times. People only care about who killed what boss first, they do not care about points and how many you killed first, take SL raiding as example, SO had world first on all of FT and if you factor in patch times then also world first Prog and Kain, yet GO was deemed to be the winner cuz they got 3 world firsts compared to our 6 (including an end boss Crucia).
    Last edited by Byona; 03-15-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    if you factor in patch times then also world first Prog and Kain
    nvm these two was miscalculation (Although patch time did affect the result ), but point still remains why Esomeep simple system is better.
    Last edited by Byona; 03-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Every ranking is always heavily weighted by recent events anyway so we might as well just list kill dates and put whoever killed the latest released boss be at the top. In the case of hardmodes since you get to choose who you go for we might as well just post who cleared all the possible ones (aka what meep is doing).

So if you have killed reggie but haven't kill 3/4 HM then you will be behind a guild that killed reggie after you but has killed 3/4 etc...

This way the bar is "Have you cleared all current content?" Good enough imo.
    Last edited by cwharland; 03-15-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    The ranking site had little to do with Veev being harassed imo.
    That actually had everything to do with it.

Bhad (GM of Maxi at the time) didn't like Veev's refusal to take our name down from his site, so he decided to post a link to the whois. Special Olympics then posted the information on their front page because they also asked Veev to remove their guild from the site.

I'm not condoning the actions, but it was pretty rude in the first place to have forced participation in an arbitrary ranking system. And what do you know, the site was abandoned before an ID clear and the rankings never got updated, which was one of the reasons we asked to be removed. We knew Voodoo was quitting.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-15-2013 at 11:58 AM.

nvm these two was miscalculation (Although patch time did affect the result ), but point still remains why Esomeep simple system is better.
    Lol@esomeep simple system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    Lol@esomeep simple system.
    Not only that, it also has a mistake, it has NA as red and EU as blue when it should be opposite!
    See you all in Wildstar!

Not only that, it also has a mistake, it has NA as red and EU as blue when it should be opposite!
    I can change the colors to different ones to avoid confusion, like EU pink and NA green
    Then it'd look like a watermelon XD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast