+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FT3 - Twins LOS timer

Rift Disciple

Default FT3 - Twins LOS timer

For the longest time we would always LOS the twins at 2:50 (K always being first) then every min there after. Recently we have been having to LOS at 1:28 (K always being first)... again every 1 min after.

Its happening almost every pull now. I think its because we are getting them to 55% prior to 1:28... because when we slack a little and we are still around 60%, it seems to stick with the 2:50.

Can anyone confirm they have seen the 1:38 LOS and if so, can you confirm its based off of their health? Or is it something else we are missing?

I mean its not a big deal, the mechanics are all the same ... just an earlier LOS, so we are still killing them. I'm just trying to figure out if this is by design or an anomaly.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ace1623 View Post
    For the longest time we would always LOS the twins at 2:50 (K always being first) then every min there after. Recently we have been having to LOS at 1:28 (K always being first)... again every 1 min after.

Its happening almost every pull now. I think its because we are getting them to 55% prior to 1:28... because when we slack a little and we are still around 60%, it seems to stick with the 2:50.

Can anyone confirm they have seen the 1:38 LOS and if so, can you confirm its based off of their health? Or is it something else we are missing?

I mean its not a big deal, the mechanics are all the same ... just an earlier LOS, so we are still killing them. I'm just trying to figure out if this is by design or an anomaly.
    The time is based on your dps.

Quite sure its a failsafe in code. Like u said if u hit a X% prior to 1:30 it will trigger. but then again this is not always the case. Don't wanna blame bad coding but it is.

Just LOS the one at 1:30 to be safe no harm done.
    Just click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    Quite sure its a failsafe in code. Like u said if u hit a X% prior to 1:30 it will trigger. but then again this is not always the case. Don't wanna blame bad coding but it is.

Just LOS the one at 1:30 to be safe no harm done.
    If its coded that way as a failsafe that the mechanic will happen and you can't just burn through to ignore it... then wouldn't that actually be one of those rare "working as intended" bit of code? =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Chaser

I've seen this behavior on multiple boss fights in SL - perhaps a planned design shift? It shows up in the Regulos encounter too. If you get him to 86% before he starts eyes/tentacles, he will do eyes 100% of the time first. If he is at 87% or above, he will do tentacles first. So, there are definitely HP-based mechanic "branches" that you can go down, probably on every fight.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Plane Walker

I think these "fail-safe" mechanics are good. We killed Twins before 2.50 this reset so without the failsafe the fight would have no mechanics which would just be stupid.

+ Reply to Thread