+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crucia putting Lightning Rod on the tanks

Champion

Default Crucia putting Lightning Rod on the tanks

While tank swapping and even WHILE TANKing her she has been putting the lightning rod yellow circle on the tanks over and over, never had this happen before, can't be that bad of RNG as it is the first time for it to ever happen on this encounter, but tonight it kept happening the whole time and ended up using 3 tanks to kill her.

Happening to anyone else?
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

We had it happen to a tank once after he was MCed and didn't get immunity to it quick enough.
    Unless it's happening to a tank that's been hit by the boss very recently it probably isn't a bug.
    Nope.

Champion

It was continuous nearly every attempt till we used 3 tanks tonight, something wasn't right.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

This happened to us during progression quite abit.

Just a note. These kinda immunity stuff is usually triggered by an Auto or a cleave from the boss. So it would be valid if lets say u dodge or don't get hit after a tank swap to get these problems. This is just a guess tho.
    Just click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    Just a note. These kinda immunity stuff is usually triggered by an Auto or a cleave from the boss. So it would be valid if lets say u dodge or don't get hit after a tank swap to get these problems. This is just a guess tho.
    Yeah, I remember checking through the logs after having a tank mind controlled a couple of times by Witchlord back in ID. I noticed that each time it was because the tank had a string of dodges or parries on Packmater's relatively infrequent cleave and therefore had the immunity buff that the cleave placed on him fall off.

If there is a combat log for the attempts, you could look through and see if something similar was happening to the tanks before they got hit with the lightning rod.

I got hit with Lightning Rod on every single attempt tonight. The other tank got it 50% of the time. The worst pull we had tonight was when we just kept switching off having the stupid thing while no other person was picked, it didn't last long.

Think of it as a bit of excitement on an otherwise neutered fight.

Oh noes, must move out of my comfortable tank zone!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Happened quite a few times, I wouldn't consider it a bug really...tank needs to learn to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    While tank swapping and even WHILE TANKing her she has been putting the lightning rod yellow circle on the tanks over and over, never had this happen before, can't be that bad of RNG as it is the first time for it to ever happen on this encounter, but tonight it kept happening the whole time and ended up using 3 tanks to kill her.

Happening to anyone else?
    During progression we had over 10+ cases of the Mind Controlled tanks getting Lightning rod (I've gotten it a few times). It's not really a bug, it's more of a reaction timing. I taunted Crucia last night, other tank was broken out of MC and got lightning rod.

TL;DR = Place yellow stuff, pew pew.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

+ Reply to Thread