+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zadozex

Thread: Expert Dungeon Marks - After Daily is Done

Default Expert Dungeon Marks - After Daily is Done

So, I run the daily expert and get my 4 marks.

I run it again hoping to get a specific dagger to drop for my alt. No luck.
    I run another to get a set of shoulders for my alt. No luck.
    I run another go to get the books for my alt. No luck.

So, after my daily, I've run 3 additional dungeons and have zero to show for it. You may say I've gained PA for it, but I could have gained that in the regular world. No need for an expert dungeon.

I'm not asking for a guaranteed drop. Honestly, I kind of like the randomness and surprise associated with getting a dungeon drop.

All I'm asking for is to get AT LEAST one mark from completing the final boss of the dungeon.

No, daily random bonuses are daily for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    No, daily random bonuses are daily for a reason
    Care to elaborate? Saying "for a reason" doesn't really mean much.

Well it's been discussed many times. Daily random bonuses are there for the same reason raid lockouts are there, to equalize the playing field for high level gear between people who can only play for three hours a day and people who have literally nothing else to do but eat and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Well it's been discussed many times. Daily random bonuses are there for the same reason raid lockouts are there, to equalize the playing field for high level gear between people who can only play for three hours a day and people who have literally nothing else to do but eat and sleep.
    Sad to say this is already an issue, so penalizing "casual" players is the downside. I guess no way around this. It's just highly frustrating to run dungeon after dungeon with zero to show for it.

I'm not counting PA xp since PA isn't isolated to dungeons. It can be gained anywhere.

Rift Chaser

The casual vs hardcore thing was more of an issue at SL's release. Now, not so much. Any remotely hardcore person no longer has any use for dungeons. Maybe you could argue it helps them get their raid 4 piece quicker if they would otherwise have to wait for farm marks for that.

The ideal solution to this is just to give the option for Infinity Stones for the dailies and to give a blue PA crystal at the end of every dungeon.

I hope they do something to encourage more dungeon use. The state of PUGs in dungeons these days is absolutely horrible. It's a running joke now to see how many people I can outDPS as tank. What's really sad is I went to do a normal dungeon while leveling my cleric alt. At level 51 in SBP using HK purple gear (all I had!), I was doing more single target DPS (4.2kish) than half the level 60's I run with in experts.

When raid marks were given for dungeons, it was rare that I got a truly bad group. You had the occasional poor player, but normally most people were solid contributors. Nowadays, I PUG experts solo or with 1-2 guildies and seems like 2-3 people are just plain terrible every run.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Sad to say this is already an issue, so penalizing "casual" players is the downside. I guess no way around this. It's just highly frustrating to run dungeon after dungeon with zero to show for it.

I'm not counting PA xp since PA isn't isolated to dungeons. It can be gained anywhere.
    Daggers can be gained anywhere, it's not isolated to dungeons. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

And Zadozex, there are ALWAYS bad players. It doesn't matter whether you run for marks, for fame, with your guild, your friends, with randoms or alts. Stupid people are superfluous.
    Last edited by Ymirson; 03-13-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelinng
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Daggers can be gained anywhere, it's not isolated to dungeons. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

And Zadozex, there are ALWAYS bad players. It doesn't matter whether you run for marks, for fame, with your guild, your friends, with randoms or alts. Stupid people are superfluous.
    Wow you sound awfully angry. It was just a question, tiger. Relax.

So, I run the daily expert and get my 4 marks.

I run it again hoping to get a specific dagger to drop for my alt. No luck.
    I run another to get a set of shoulders for my alt. No luck.
    I run another go to get the books for my alt. No luck.

So, after my daily, I've run 3 additional dungeons and have zero to show for it. You may say I've gained PA for it, but I could have gained that in the regular world. No need for an expert dungeon.

I'm not asking for a guaranteed drop. Honestly, I kind of like the randomness and surprise associated with getting a dungeon drop.

All I'm asking for is to get AT LEAST one mark from completing the final boss of the dungeon.
    I see the problem but Grinnz gave you the answer why it would not be good to be able to get guaranteed dungeon rewards in multiple runs. People would abuse it and be done with their grind in a day and rightfully ask for more dungeon content and gear. This is not good for the game.

The game gives players many options to do something else when they are done with their daily. It is also not a good idea to focus too much on mark gear from dungeons. Rewards from infinity stones (or unfortunately PvP) will last much longer than dungeon gear that will be replaced soon by raid gear for many players. Mark gear isn't that great anyway except in a few slots.

Rift Chaser

It's a matter of diluting the system though. Look, think what you will, but I used to run experts over and over before SL and I run them a lot now too. It's very clear that people that no longer need dungeons run them less often now and as a result, the population of good players in experts is smaller now than in the past, so the bad players become more prevalent.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Wow you sound awfully angry. It was just a question, tiger. Relax.
    You sound awfully defensive, *****cat. Let them hear your warcry!
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

You sound awfully defensive, *****cat. Let them hear your warcry!
    *****cat? Hmmm, not familiar with that one.

Well it only took me like 50 runs of TotS to get my Wand, so yeah.......keep at it tiger!

+ Reply to Thread