+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
Like Tree8Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please give us a reason to run Dungeons

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default Please give us a reason to run Dungeons

    This is intended as a request to Trion to allow us to get raid marks from the dungeons again. It doesn't have to be a lot, but give better geared a reason to do more. As prior to Storm Legion, you were able to get a reward of 2 raid marks with you expert completions.

    Since Storm Legion, you did dungeons to get the initial gear. Now that you have it, I have not step foot in another dungeon except on my alts. My main is now to the point where all I need is Raid, PA. One of the things i liked about the game before is that there was still stuff to do even for geared members. I used to run dungeons all day long then raid etc, now I don't get anything from them that I need. I just want more to do as a geared player aside from Raid and PA grind...
    Last edited by Nothingness; 03-13-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    Nothingness of Vigil - Defiant Mage

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Disagreed. Upgrading raid drops to be part of raid sets is the best possible use they could have added for expert marks. Though perhaps they will add T1 raid marks once the T2 raids come out.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Agreed with Grinnz. The original expert dungeons did not have raid marks as a reward until after Hammerknell (or maybe ID?). Hard to remember. The policy for Trion has always been to open up avenues for upgrades as time goes on and not have everything open right at the start.

    I think the ability to upgrade raid drops to work with synergy crystals was a nice change, though.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Lewin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    They will probably add them in soon since t2 content is coming with the next 10 man anyway.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    I dont think I agree with adding raid marks to dungeons, I could possibly be swayed to think adding a single mark per run INSTEAD of your 4 dungeon marks was okay.

    However, as was stated at the time, allowing dungeon marks for upgrading raid gear has been a very very short lived fix.

    Okay, got enough dungeon marks very fast to upgrade any drops I may want to and now I can't be arsed running expert dungeons anymore.

    I do however strongly support adding Raid marks to weeklies for HK/ID/ROTP and PF!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default I disagree

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Disagreed. Upgrading raid drops to be part of raid sets is the best possible use they could have added for expert marks. Though perhaps they will add T1 raid marks once the T2 raids come out.

    I have yet to run a dungeon to upgrade a piece. I have plenty of dungeon marks saved from the initial dungeon grind that I wont have to... With the drop rate of usable Warrior Tank gear in raid, I may never have to...
    Nothingness of Vigil - Defiant Mage

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Lewin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
    I have yet to run a dungeon to upgrade a piece. I have plenty of dungeon marks saved from the initial dungeon grind that I wont have to... With the drop rate of usable Warrior Tank gear in raid, I may never have to...
    Yeah, by the time I got a 2nd dropped tank piece I had already purchased 3 pieces from the vendor.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple KatFiveKnives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Reducing the need for daily dungeons has diluted the pool of higher geared participants thus making the dungeons longer and harder. I rarely queue unless I'm going with guildies because pugging has become an exercise in frustration. I agree with the OP. Give us a reason to do them.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KatFiveKnives View Post
    Reducing the need for daily dungeons has diluted the pool of higher geared participants thus making the dungeons longer and harder. I rarely queue unless I'm going with guildies because pugging has become an exercise in frustration. I agree with the OP. Give us a reason to do them.
    PA xp.....
    Koz

  10. #10
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    I'd be good with adding like 10 IS as an option for completing. I'm sure Alot don't need any more IS, but I'm sure there's a lot more that need IS vs dungeon marks.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Indasoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sencas View Post
    PA xp.....
    Which can be gained anywhere in the world. Dungeons are not needed to gain PA xp.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Which can be gained anywhere in the world. Dungeons are not needed to gain PA xp.
    It is one of the more efficient options.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Indasoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It is one of the more efficient options.
    Eh, not really considering I can follow a GHUNT group around and get more than I could get in a dungeon.

  14. #14
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Eh, not really considering I can follow a GHUNT group around and get more than I could get in a dungeon.
    Entirely dependent on your group, however the typical randomly formed dungeon, probably accurate.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple KatFiveKnives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sencas View Post
    PA xp.....
    Either this is not sufficient or I have been extremely unfortunate in pug groups. My experience is that many are working on alts or are otherwise in greens and blues, making dungeon success longer, more difficult, or sometimes impossible as the group tends to fall apart after a while. I like them for experience and to practice new specs or a rotation in a semi-raid format -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts