+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Am I being too sensitive or what

Shadowlander

Default Am I being too sensitive or what

I don't like people who ques Expert SL Dungeon with PVP gear and PVE gear mixed and their hit rate is not even close to 300.

From what I know is that minimum hit requirement in Expert SL dungeon is 300.

So sometimes I argue with those people who has sucky gear. I don't care if it's normal dungeon but in expert dungeon I think people should wear proper gear when queing expert SL dungeon.

Am I being too sensitive on this or do you guys agree

Call them out on it. Ask them to put on PvE gear.

I personally don't have an issue with someone using PvP gear unless they are noticeably missing the target and doing very subpar DPS. If that's the case, I will ask them politely to put on PvE gear. Most of the time they just forgot they have the PvP gear on.

Kick them

RIFT Guide Writer

They can;t Q with hit "not even close to" 300, you musta miscounted.

As long as they're not holding the group back yes, you're being too sensitive.
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 03-13-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

If they're not at 300 hit and have partly PvP gear on, I'd ask if they maybe forgot to change gear. It happens, trust me

However, people might have 300 hit and using some bits of PvP gear, cause they haven't got an upgrade that is better than the PvP gear, then you just have to accept it. It sucks maybe to get some "undergeared" in your group, but it's the risk you take when you take pugs in.
    Last edited by Ailene; 03-13-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Prophet of Telara

As stated, they could not que if they did not have 300 hit, so they do. It is fairly easy to get to 300 hit with rings and trinkets and another piece or 2 and PvP gear matches the Expert Set Bonus, so sometime people will get the hit elsewhere and wear it for the set bonus as the set bonus is a huge DPS increase.

In short, as long as they are doing 7-8k DPS and are not holding you back, there is no reason to complain. If it is in fact a case of where they simply forgot to put gear back on and they have no PvE gear, not even rings and trinkets, politely remind them, "Hey, did you know you have your PvP gear on and go from there. I am sure each case is different but there are some very real reasons to wear PvP gear in PvE.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    As stated, they could not que if they did not have 300 hit, so they do.
    Are you sure about this? I know when I had ~275 hit I had the option to queue for expert as DPS and Support (it wasn't a locked icon). I didn't try this though but it can be tested quite easily, I will give it a go when I get home.

/Hyui
    Last edited by hyui; 03-13-2013 at 06:23 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

If you do not like their performance, kick them and look for a replacement. It's by far the most pain-free procedure to follow for both parts, when the initial moment of grumble has passed.
    There's absolutely no reason why you should pour more salt into the wound by striking up an argument with them, if anything it might just discourage them from doing experts/dungeons at all - And this is bad, because everyone should be feeling encouraged to do content in general (Even if they are not good at it. We all have to go through a stage of what is this button I don't even..)
    Some people do not care about gear as much as others do, some do not have the time to research what is best for them to wear, etc. If they show signs of wanting to know (For example if they notice their own under-performance) toss them a few tips if you have any.

And if you absolutely must argue, then do your research fully, make sure they're actually underperforming for the dungeon and not just underperforming in terms of what people commonly think is an alright performance.
    Though, I can't see how you would have time to do all of that whilst also actually running the dungeon..
    Last edited by Talila; 03-13-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    In short, as long as they are doing 7-8k DPS
    Unreasonable to expect a PUG to do that much DPS. They could be new to experts and only just geared.

You need to be relatively well geared with a very solid rotation to hit 8k without raid buffs.

Not everyone is a raider with raid level gear or performance.

It doesn't mean they're bad and deserve kicking.

The community grows and gets stronger when we encourage people to improve, not when we set unreasonable expectations and kick people for not meeting them.
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 03-13-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

People can que with the required hit/toughness gear, but they do not always wear that gear. Use Super Meter to keep track of group contribution, if they are far lower than everyone else then they are probably not wearing the gear they should be cause they are missing the mobs too much.
    You can simply tell them and link their contribution in chat for them to show them that they are a liability and not an asset. Worse case scenario, just boot them for being a poor party member.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

I agree, download a DPS meter addon and if they aren't pulling their weight, THEN complain that their gear is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    If you do not like their performance, kick them and look for a replacement. It's by far the most pain-free procedure to follow for both parts, when the initial moment of grumble has passed.
    There's absolutely no reason why you should pour more salt into the wound by striking up an argument with them, if anything it might just discourage them from doing experts/dungeons at all - And this is bad, because everyone should be feeling encouraged to do content in general (Even if they are not good at it. We all have to go through a stage of what is this button I don't even..)
    Some people do not care about gear as much as others do, some do not have the time to research what is best for them to wear, etc. If they show signs of wanting to know (For example if they notice their own under-performance) toss them a few tips if you have any.

And if you absolutely must argue, then do your research fully, make sure they're actually underperforming for the dungeon and not just underperforming in terms of what people commonly think is an alright performance.
    Though, I can't see how you would have time to do all of that whilst also actually running the dungeon..
    IMO you should kick with care. We are, after all, just people here. Some explanation about gear and dps and a goodbye until next time or something. IDK. No criticism to Talila intended.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Unreasonable to expect a PUG to do that much DPS. They could be new to experts and only just geared.

You need to be relatively well geared with a very solid rotation to hit 8k without raid buffs.

Not everyone is a raider with raid level gear or performance.

It doesn't mean they're bad and deserve kicking.

The community grows and gets stronger when we encourage people to improve, not when we set unreasonable expectations and kick people for not meeting them.
    True, I was thinking min DPS in TotDQ, 5-6k is reasonable for Experts if they are fresh and not quite geared yet.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by hyui View Post
    Are you sure about this? I know when I had ~275 hit I had the option to queue for expert as DPS and Support (it wasn't a locked icon). I didn't try this though but it can be tested quite easily, I will give it a go when I get home.

/Hyui
    System takes into account all of your gear, even banked one, seraches for highest +hit per item slot and goes "yep, 300 hit, off you go" while you could be sitting naked in Tempest Bay.

I don't think you're being too sensitive but remember not all gear has "hit" on it so a mix of decent PVP and PVE gear is acceptable.

If they suck monkey nads, vote to kick or kindly ask them to switch gear. It's only an expert...not a 20 man ;)
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast