+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: SL Raid Tier 1 Dragon Kill Overview

Default SL Raid Tier 1 Dragon Kill Overview

Tada
    http://tinyurl.com/SLdragonkills

I made this for anyone who wants a status update of known guilds that have killed Crucia/Regulos (like Ogdru asked for!) It's based off of a similar thread posted a few months after ID progression ended which summed up who had killed Maelforge.

This ranking system is based off of date of kill. If two guilds killed a dragon on the same date, the one who killed a previous boss earlier was placed higher in the rankings. It is color coded for your viewing pleasure based on NA cluster or EU cluster. I made NA red because we're awesome like defiants! (Personal bias )

DISCLAIMERS:
    • I intended to try and make this all based off of GMT kill times but this didn't work for 2 reasons.
      1. I couldn't find source information for most of the guilds for this. I only had the date of the kill available, not the time.
      2. I don't live on GMT and turning NA server time to GMT in my head resulted in a lot of errors and was not time efficient.
      Therefore, some kills (mostly the first 10 to 20 of the list) are based on GMT kill date. The rest, which I mostly got from the shard forum sections progression threads, are based on approximate GMT date of kill. I even ventured into the French and German rift forums for kill dates! Though this ended with me ultimately closing the tabs saying nopenopenopenope.
    • If you notice an error for a kill date feel free to PM me with the appropriate GMT kill date and I will update it. I am sorry for any errors that arose, and hope they do not offend anyone
    • Some of the EE kill dates have 9 hours subtracted by them from the dates taken from Aethys' site. I decided to keep this as is for the guilds high up in the rankings, and did not apply this benefit to other guilds because it probably didn't matter as much at that point.
    • Any guilds that have an x in a boss kill position indicate I could not find the kill time on the forums/their website anywhere. If you have info to help me update this feel free to send me a pm.
    • I also included guilds where I found information about them being 3/4 in FT or at least 3/5 in EE in case I have missed their dragon kill date, or if they will be killing said dragon shortly. This way I can easily edit it in if someone tells me.

That's about it I think, toodles!
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 03-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    Tada
    http://tinyurl.com/SLdragonkills

I made this for anyone who wants a status update of known guilds that have killed Crucia/Regulos (like Ogdru asked for!) It's based off of a similar thread posted a few months after ID progression ended which summed up who had killed Maelforge.

This ranking system is based off of date of kill. If two guilds killed a dragon on the same date, the one who killed a previous boss earlier was placed higher in the rankings. It is color coded for your viewing pleasure based on NA cluster or EU cluster. I made NA red because we're awesome like defiants! (Personal bias )

DISCLAIMERS:
    • I intended to try and make this all based off of GMT kill times but this didn't work for 2 reasons.
      1. I couldn't find source information for most of the guilds for this. I only had the date of the kill available, not the time.
      2. I don't live on GMT and turning NA server time to GMT in my head resulted in a lot of errors and was not time efficient.
      Therefore, some kills (mostly the first 10 to 20 of the list) are based on GMT kill date. The rest, which I mostly got from the shard forum sections progression threads, are based on approximate GMT date of kill. I even ventured into the French and German rift forums for kill dates! Though this ended with me ultimately closing the tabs saying nopenopenopenope.
    • If you notice an error for a kill date feel free to PM me with the appropriate GMT kill date and I will update it. I am sorry for any errors that arose, and hope they do not offend anyone
    • Some of the EE kill dates have 9 hours subtracted by them from the dates taken from Aethys' site. I decided to keep this as is for the guilds high up in the rankings, and did not apply this benefit to other guilds because it probably didn't matter as much at that point.
    • Any guilds that have an x in a boss kill position indicate I could not find the kill time on the forums/their website anywhere. If you have info to help me update this feel free to send me a pm.
    • I also included guilds where I found information about them being 3/4 in FT or at least 3/5 in EE in case I have missed their dragon kill date, or if they will be killing said dragon shortly. This way I can easily edit it in if someone tells me.

That's about it I think, toodles!
    This is "meepalicious"

Quote Originally Posted by Grocket View Post
    This is "meepalicious"
    aww why thank you <3

Although I'm no longer with them, for completeness' sake:
    <Negative Ghostrider>@Shatterbone
    All times in NA server time
    -Twins 1/1 8:41pm
    -Crucia 1/30 7:31pm
    -Matriarch 2/5 8:38pm
    -Goloch 2/19 8:09pm
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Although I'm no longer with them, for completeness' sake:
    <Negative Ghostrider>@Shatterbone
    All times in NA server time
    -Twins 1/1 8:41pm
    -Crucia 1/30 7:31pm
    -Matriarch 2/5 8:38pm
    -Goloch 2/19 8:09pm
    Thanks, updating as we speak

In before someone flips out about them getting a kill before so and so.

This is simply a Kill compilation... not a ranking system if i understand it correctly. The only aspect of ranking comes into play for orders sake and not epeen waving. Honestly that way of ranking is the best anyway. Complicated point systems just cause problems, as does time conversions trying to take into account the various play times of various guilds from various parts of the world.

In other news... way more guilds killed reggy then i thought and way less killed crucia then i thought. Interesting...
    Last edited by No_Exit; 03-08-2013 at 11:25 PM.

nice one, for some reason NA feels more blue to me and EU red xD this is outrageous!
    Last edited by Byona; 03-09-2013 at 04:28 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Good work, I've been wondering about rankings for a while.
    Last edited by Mayi; 03-09-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

very nice

Are you gonna add hardmodes to the list ?.

I am actually surprised there are this many guilds raiding in rift.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    In before someone flips out about them getting a kill before so and so.

This is simply a Kill compilation... not a ranking system if i understand it correctly. The only aspect of ranking comes into play for orders sake and not epeen waving. Honestly that way of ranking is the best anyway. Complicated point systems just cause problems, as does time conversions trying to take into account the various play times of various guilds from various parts of the world.
    Well the kill dates should be correct within one day of the proper GMT kill time, so you could epeen wave with it if you want I used to be in guilds that were considerably lower in this list than I am now, but it was still nice to see where we placed overall. Even if you're not the top 10 guilds in the world, there are still a lot of other guilds that have killed stuff before/after you. This way of ranking seemed the most fair because they're both linear dungeons. If you go back to something like ID I'm not sure I'd rank kills in a nonlinear dungeon for fairness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    nice one, for some reason NA feels more blue to me and EU red xD this is outrageous!
    <-- click on it

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar666 View Post
    Are you gonna add hardmodes to the list ?.
    I am actually surprised there are this many guilds raiding in rift.
    One of the reasons I like seeing lists like this is because you see the sheer amount of guilds still kicking around out there. I remember once asking for estimates in 60 chat and people were giving me numbers around 50 and I knew that was too low. I actually started this project tracking all kills through the current raids, but I shortly discovered this would require keeping track of easily over 200 guilds. I narrowed it down to the bosses above partly for my own benefit of not having to track so many.

As for hardmodes, the nonlinearness of them has struck me with a dilemma (see reply to NoExit above). In order to provide a proper ranking system I'd have to either 1) assign points for boss defeats based on difficulty of the HM boss, or 2) rank based on hardest boss completed. Both of these are subjective. Like for me, I'd say Kain (at 10% blood debuff) > Gelidra > Progenitor > Zaviel. I'm sure some would disagree with where I've put Gelidra and Progenitor - I feel Progenitor's mechanics are more forgiving and his enrage timer is more lenient which is why I placed him lower on the list. Some would say this would be better for my guild's epeen which is why I've done this, but we tried to get Gelidra down first because we saw her as the most mechanically challenging HM. I digress, if we came up with a system that seemed fair to everyone I could make an extension of this spreadsheet for hardmodes.

Plane Walker

As for hardmodes, the nonlinearness of them has struck me with a dilemma (see reply to NoExit above). In order to provide a proper ranking system I'd have to either 1) assign points for boss defeats based on difficulty of the HM boss, or 2) rank based on hardest boss completed. Both of these are subjective. Like for me, I'd say Kain (at 10% blood debuff) > Gelidra > Progenitor > Zaviel. I'm sure some would disagree with where I've put Gelidra and Progenitor - I feel Progenitor's mechanics are more forgiving and his enrage timer is more lenient which is why I placed him lower on the list. Some would say this would be better for my guild's epeen which is why I've done this, but we tried to get Gelidra down first because we saw her as the most mechanically challenging HM. I digress, if we came up with a system that seemed fair to everyone I could make an extension of this spreadsheet for hardmodes.
    I like the list, it's very good that you got so many guilds in there. If you wanna implement Hard Modes the only way I can see it be easy to overview is if you accept that different guilds choose different paths and make like a "All HMs cleared"-list. For example it doesn't matter when you killed Zaviel, the only time that is in the list is when Progen, Gelidra and Zaviel is down for the guild. I guess until someone kills Kain it can be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by mr3onion View Post
    I like the list, it's very good that you got so many guilds in there. If you wanna implement Hard Modes the only way I can see it be easy to overview is if you accept that different guilds choose different paths and make like a "All HMs cleared"-list. For example it doesn't matter when you killed Zaviel, the only time that is in the list is when Progen, Gelidra and Zaviel is down for the guild. I guess until someone kills Kain it can be ignored.
    I can do this pretty easily. Will add in a minute.

I can do this pretty easily. Will add in a minute.
    Well done. Glad someone took my idea back in Chocolate and ran with it in SL!
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

This seems really really nice for the community and well done. Thanks for taking on the project. Any plans to recolor dead guilds? It's nice to see how many guilds are actually out there doing work and digging in plugging away.

My signature isn't centered.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossil View Post
    This seems really really nice for the community and well done. Thanks for taking on the project. Any plans to recolor dead guilds? It's nice to see how many guilds are actually out there doing work and digging in plugging away.
    What do you think should qualify as dead? If we know a guild has disbanded or inactivity for a certain time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast