+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By JorlynEndless
  • 1 Post By Flossil
  • 1 Post By radiomaryja

Thread: Regulos Floor

Default Regulos Floor

So with PA3 I'm ridiculously fast. It was kind of annoying before but now I'm like evel knievel going over the grand canyon.

What I'm referring to is the floor ridges on regulos. They're launch pads.Can we get those things flat. Consider it and do it when you first feel the need to nerf regulos. It'll be the best nerf ever.

My signature isn't centered.

Rift Chaser

Which PAs increase your run speed in combat?
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Stutter step

Ascendant

It was pretty bad with just insoles, scared myself a few times running across those lines and almost flying into the heart of death!

real sorry, thought it was pvp. Not sure why I feel sooooo fast even without insoles. Maybe its just the airtime effect.

I backstep over the ridges just fine. Just an observation.

Rift Chaser

My favorite is the little purple circles on the ground in front of the power conducers on Zaviel's fight (same thing as on Crucia platform). Those are like some sort of Tony Hawk Pro Skater ramp.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Or channels being cut off by movement on eyes and spines? The list goes on and on. The low ceiling and weird walls of twins makes it a PoV fight more than an encounter.

on crucia, going on the bridge to the 2nd platform I briefly tapped "D" once to reposition myself to the middle of the bridge before jumping onto the 2nd platform. The result was me launching off of a 2 inch bump and flying 20 feet off the side of the bridge. (i might have also had 55% additional move speed shaman buffs running, can't remember)

Don't get me wrong, i love the speed boosts but I think that the physics engine needs to be a bit less aggressive on "player walking over the edge of an object" case. Basically the game engine is recognizing that when a player walks off the top edge of an object that they follow a parabolic arc with an initial trajectory determined by your speed at the time of leaving the ledge. The problem is that what the game considers a "ledge" is too small or the parabolic arc is too wide. Essentially they either need to increase the games "gravity" coefficient or somehow tell the game to ignore ledges that are less than a certain height.

I love speed boosts as well. It's a shame that they're such a double edged sword in current content. Don't get me wrong, I realize for the most part these are quality of life issues. I don't claim to know or understand trion's staffing demographics or their priorities but I do realize most of these issues are probably easily fixed by a smarter man than I. The only one that distinctively comes to mind as less of a QoL issue and more of a bug is the channeled abilities being cut short by movement when castin on an eye or spine during regulos.

It's pop a wheely Turtle, c'mon.

Recovering Rogue, gone Cleric (to summate, a masochist)

Quote Originally Posted by Cognus View Post
    It's pop a wheely Turtle, c'mon.
    Don't you have work to do? Or souls to steal? Or children to corrupt? Although it is past noon I'm sure you've moved on to combing your tentacles and making puppies cry.

You shouldn't go and trash a boss platform because a player tripped his ankle on some bugger.

There are multiple fights in RIFT with floor(and other kind of) obstructions like this. Players have to adapt. Encounter area is one part of the fight. Sometimes you might not want to run or jump over stuff, here You are not required to hug Regulos, take a step back intead.

Im guessing we soon are going to hear that someone has a problem positioning in Boneforge 4th boss' small room

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaz View Post
    You shouldn't go and trash a boss platform because a player tripped his ankle on some bugger.

There are multiple fights in RIFT with floor(and other kind of) obstructions like this. Players have to adapt. Encounter area is one part of the fight. Sometimes you might not want to run or jump over stuff, here You are not required to hug Regulos, take a step back intead.

Im guessing we soon are going to hear that someone has a problem positioning in Boneforge 4th boss' small room
    Looks like someone feels more strongly than I do. You win the caring contest. "YO BRO ITS JUST A FLOOR. LEARN TO WALK AND LIFT."

Floor boss too stronk, nerf regulos plx
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 03-07-2013 at 10:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread