+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why did EU get a different version of Kain than NA?

Default Why did EU get a different version of Kain than NA?

Would it be possible going forward for both EU and NA to get the same versions of fights on initial release? The unlimited PTS testing and the fact that EU gets patches later than NA is frustrating enough for competition but receiving a completely different version of a fight is even worse. It begs the question, what else is different in the versions of these fights for EU that is not so blatantly obvious.

EU Kain - 5% damage reduction per stack and 29.8M HP (Favourtism has 13 stacks in their video and could still do damage)

NA Kain - 10% damage reduction per stack and 30.9M HP (At 10 stacks Kain takes no damage from abilities)

That's a pretty big difference. At least the HP totals and enrages appear to be the same for the other fights but again it begs the question, was anything about the other three HMs different for EU?

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

I am a sad raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I am a sad raptors.
    Needless to say there was much confusion until some smart person took a closer look at the fight and then went off and compared it to the recent videos.

There was much sadness.

Attachment 9700

Plane Walker

It was 5% last time i checked on the PTS during our testing of the boss. This is likely be an internal patching build issue between the EU and US patches. It is very unlikely that any other HM's are effected as i am guessing this is just an isolated incident.

Oh well time to hide under them bed covers again trion

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

Plane Touched

What the ****. Might have been changed by the first hotfix maybe ?
    Apotheosys

I don't even know what to say, guys. I'm pretty glad I'm not raiding in this game anymore, and QA hiccups like these are a big reason why. It is totally ridiculous, too, I agree. When NA got a fixed Crucia almost a day before EU, EU had all the right to rage. Now, this. Favouritism still did it first, but it's still pretty erroneous and surfeiting.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Soulwalker

Just checked our kill video, seems your right.

I think i speak for all Favouritism when i say this is really unfortunate, if we had the same version as Kain as NA the fight would be much...much harder.

i only hope we get the same version as you in a hotfix asap so we can begin working on it.

from my point of view at least...Kain HM world first is still open, i mean who wants to kill a boss thats easier and claim a kill? not me..

*That is of course assuming nobody on NA has killed this version?*
    Last edited by Proximity; 03-05-2013 at 02:38 AM.

I'm not sure it's mathematically possible with the current enrage timer.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    Just checked our kill video, seems your right.

I think i speak for all Favouritism when i say this is really unfortunate, if we had the same version as Kain as NA the fight would be much...much harder.

i only hope we get the same version as you in a hotfix asap so we can begin working on it.

from my point of view at least...Kain HM world first is still open, i mean who wants to kill a boss thats easier and claim a kill? not me..

*That is of course assuming nobody on NA has killed this version?*
    Lets just say that I'll be impressed with people just getting it below 50%!

IIRC, the bloods spawn ever 20s. 90 bloods up is 90% reduction. Without any bloods up it would take 250k DPS to hit 50% within 1 minute. Assuming a top raid DPS of 300k, you could get to 56% before invul if the bloods are at 20s intervals.

And with the realistic flight setup for this fight hitting 300k dps ST would require DPS avg 19K assuming the 2 tanks, 2 chloros, archon, and bard total 32K (4K per tank, 4k per chloro, 8k for bard and archon).

So, anyone remember how much HP the bloods have...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    I'm not sure it's mathematically possible with the current enrage timer.
    I'm not sure it isn't mathematically possible, but it would by far be the hardest hard mode in the game atm. Problem is I can't remember how much hp the bloods have in the HM.

Plane Touched

I just did a lil bit of maths (sz, at work atm). Are we sure that we (favouritism, and the eu in general) got the 5% version ?

Coz, if the debuffs are multiplicative, 13 debuffs is killable.

Explanation :

-first debuff : 100% normal dmg -10% of it = 90%
    -second debuff : 90% normal dmg - 10% of it = 81%
    - third debuff : 81% normal dmg - 10% of it = 72.9%

... And u end up with :
    -13th debuff : 28.24305% - 10% of it = 25.41875%

All depends if debuffs are multiplicatives or additives.
    Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I'm not sure it isn't mathematically possible, but it would by far be the hardest hard mode in the game atm. Problem is I can't remember how much hp the bloods have in the HM.
    1.4mil

10chars

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ingor View Post
    I just did a lil bit of maths (sz, at work atm). Are we sure that we (favouritism, and the eu in general) got the 5% version ?

Coz, if the debuffs are multiplicative, 13 debuffs is killable.

Explanation :

-first debuff : 100% normal dmg -10% of it = 90%
    -second debuff : 90% normal dmg - 10% of it = 81%
    - third debuff : 81% normal dmg - 10% of it = 72.9%

... And u end up with :
    -13th debuff : 28.24305% - 10% of it = 25.41875%

All depends if debuffs are multiplicatives or additives.
    additive. At 10 stacks, abilities do 0 damage. Weapon procs (aka those from weapons themselves from relics and various epics) however still do damage. But I doubt anyone is going to be doing 15M plus damage before enrage with only weapon procs, and by your video, abilities were still doing damage.

We actually tested that it was additive, fyi.

So yes, you got most likely a 5% version, or at least a version much less than 10%.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    1.4mil

10chars
    So that's 210K ST DPS to kill 3 bloods before the next set and respawn. So with that data, I'm willing to concede that given the current enrage/soft enrage it very likely is mathematically unkillable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast