+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Full Storm Legion Raid Guides up @ RIFT Mead /w paint drawings

Default Full Storm Legion Raid Guides up @ RIFT Mead /w paint drawings

Just made a few finishing touches to our raid guides section for our kind-of-not-yet launched site www.riftmead.com, we have full guides for every boss in EE+FT+TOTDQ, with some lovely paint drawings included, that I hope will be very useful for you to share with your guilds and friends etc

http://www.riftmead.com/index.php/cm...raids/mm-slrg/

If you spot anything incorrect or wrong or just have any additional suggestions, or just want to stroke our ego's just that little bit, feel free to leave them in the comments below

A big thanks to Eosmeep and a few others from Terrible Idea for an awesome job on this!

Cheers!
    ~Seatin
    Last edited by Seatin; 03-02-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

These guides were a work in progress for about a month but now they're available to the public! I'll be getting up hard mode guides probably in the next couple of weeks.

If you want me to draw a picture of a mechanic not already shown let me know. I was kind of inspired by the old riftstrats site where veev used to make mechanics very easy to understand for any guild's level of progression, so i hope these guides can help people out in the same way.

Thanks again to everyone in TI who helped me fill in missing mechanics and proofread. Thanks to morek and smoked for telling me the secrets of next level tank strats.

Shield of Telara

pretty excellent that we have 2 new sites pop-up all of a sudden in riftmead and www.riftscene.com. Both have great content, great writers and motivated administrators who play the game a lot at the highest levels.

Nice work to both of you.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    pretty excellent that we have 2 new sites pop-up all of a sudden in riftmead and www.riftscene.com. Both have great content, great writers and motivated administrators who play the game a lot at the highest levels.

Nice work to both of you.
    Thank you very much, however I've got a little game to play it's called spot the difference =)

Whitelady's Gameplay Journal Gelidra Guide released 2 months ago
    http://rift-mmorpg.com/rift-raid/gelidra-strategy/

Rift Scene's Gelidra Guide
    http://www.riftscene.com/rift/gelidra-strategy/

You can try it with pretty much every guide on RIFT scene, it's quite entertaining, Whitelady only found out about it yesterday... let's just say she is not the happiest of people to say the least =)
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Not trying to bash anyone here but those guides are basically copy-paste of the ones I wrote long time ago with just a couple of parts rephrased or changed due to the most recent nerfs.

You can easily verify this by noticing that in many cases I make use of some term that doesn't exist in game like for example "EMP Infinity Storm" and you copy them to your guides too

My guides were published in our webpage here: http://www.exploitguild.net/pages.php?s=&page=1
    You can use them, copy them, rephrase them or post them wherever you want but please don't claim credits as if it was your own work
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    Not trying to bash anyone here but those guides are basically copy-paste of the ones I wrote long time ago with just a couple of parts rephrased or changed due to the most recent nerfs.

You can easily verify this by noticing that in many cases I make use of some term that doesn't exist in game like for example "EMP Infinity Storm" and you copy them to your guides too

My guides were published in our webpage here: http://www.exploitguild.net/pages.php?s=&page=1
    You can use them, copy them, rephrase them or post them wherever you want but please don't claim credits as if it was your own work
    Please Yobi, you can't even spell 'Gelindra' right , I wrote the crucia and twins one which was loosely based off of your one when I facedesked and wanted something as reference, but apart from that all were built from scratch =)

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post

I didn't even know of this website until right now, I did all of the EE guides and most of the FT guides.

this is just awesome

love your paint-skillz <3
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    this is just awesome

love your paint-skillz <3
    Dawww thanks. It's actually done on a tablet so I guess it's not as impressive that way. I've always been a visual learner so I think diagramming will help many others understand mechanics easier as well.

Random note for anyone reading this who wants to get into raiding or is new at it:
    Rift was my first MMO and I barely even knew what raiding was when I started a little over 2 years ago now. I was awful and died to just about everything. So even if you stand in bad like it's your job like I used to do, that doesn't mean there's no hope for you! Start reading guides and getting familiar with mechanics and you'll be a pro in no time

I am also trying to put out a beginner's guide to raiding soon, which will encompass everything I wish I knew then.

Currently on the site are also a bunch of cleric specs for beginners, with every ability detailed out. Some of them may have good info for those who raid casually or even those trying to min-max. I took a lot of time particularly on the shaman guide because that one took me a while to learn.

There's also a guide to some nice addons I (and others) like to use, and a beginner's guide to karuulalert. It's basically the best addon ever created for raiding ever.
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 03-02-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: More things added

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post
    Thank you very much, however I've got a little game to play it's called spot the difference =)

Whitelady's Gameplay Journal Gelidra Guide released 2 months ago
    http://rift-mmorpg.com/rift-raid/gelidra-strategy/

Rift Scene's Gelidra Guide
    http://www.riftscene.com/rift/gelidra-strategy/

You can try it with pretty much every guide on RIFT scene, it's quite entertaining, Whitelady only found out about it yesterday... let's just say she is not the happiest of people to say the least =)
    Hey Seatin,

I appreciate the free SEO linking. In all honesty - the majority of all the content on our site is original. In regards to that particular strategy - there are some similarities, but it isn't a copy and paste. In fact, that was compiled from our experience on the fight + two different strategies to fill in the blanks.

I'm not too sure why you're trying to say RiftScene's content is all not original and yours is, but there are similarities between your content and others on the web. When push comes to shove, if we all did a boss - wrote something about the boss in notepad, then exchanged notes - we would notice similarities and trends. As Yobi pointed out, there's definitely as many (if not more) similarities between your guide and and Yobi's. I'm not saying it's a rip off, or copy at all. If x learned strat from y, and then x wrote a strat from scratch - there's going to be similarities (not even saying that's what happened - just an example).

After I write strategies I always like to hit up the forums and anything else to see if I can find any missing information. Furthermore I've asked other players in and out of guild to go through and see if anything is missing which also helps fill in the gaps.

I've never once attacked your site directly - and I don't plan to. But please believe I've got a significant amount of time and work invested into this site (not even related to content) and if I keep seeing you somehow try to throw RiftScene under the bus for random accusations, I will defend it.

There's many people on these forums alone that I have attempted to contact to have them be part of the site, publish articles under their own name and such. I've got written permission for the few direct copy/pastes that are found on RiftScene. The only exceptions to the rule where I couldn't get people's direct permission - they're credited directly in any section that may have been a copy/paste - because that's the right thing to do.

If people feel they should be getting credit for their work done - and they feel like their content on my site is their work - I encourage them to get in touch with me. A lot of the articles and guides are a compilation of knowledge distributed from many different individuals who are involved in writing for RiftScene - as such it's very possible information can come from other sources. I will never not credit someone for their work where credit is due, I promise you that.

You keep doing your thing, and I'll keep doing my thing and let's just leave it at that, shall we? I don't enjoy someone making a comment about my site in your thread and you using that chance to rip it apart, I would never do that if someone posted about your site in my thread. I want to support people who help this community - not tear them down. If you don't see my site as helpful to this community - than I'm not sure what to say.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Now that raiding is 90% dead, the drama and flaming is gone there. It seems to have moved on to flame wars between community websites. Where shall it go from here?!

Quote Originally Posted by theepiphany View Post
    Hey Seatin,
    You keep doing your thing, and I'll keep doing my thing and let's just leave it at that, shall we? I don't enjoy someone making a comment about my site in your thread and you using that chance to rip it apart, I would never do that if someone posted about your site in my thread. I want to support people who help this community - not tear them down. If you don't see my site as helpful to this community - than I'm not sure what to say.
    I think it's more a personal grudge against cupcake, I have nothing against you, I would love to have a heated discussion with her on Voice-comms, if you can make my dream come true you will hear nothing but compliments from myself =)

All of your Rift fan sites have my approval.... now stop this squabbling or feel my wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    All of your Rift fan sites have my approval.... now stop this squabbling or feel my wrath.
    Sweet. My job is done, RiftScene has achieved it's one and only goal.

Shield of Telara

Drama helps drive page hits.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast