+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Twins - Devastating Shock Debuff

Champion of Telara

Default Twins - Devastating Shock Debuff

Can you make this visible please? It's a pain when you're not sure if that one guy got missed for whatever reason, and then suddenly drops dead because of a 9k hit from the next Devastating Shock and some ground pulsing crap at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Can you make this visible please? It's a pain when you're not sure if that one guy got missed for whatever reason, and then suddenly drops dead because of a 9k hit from the next Devastating Shock and some ground pulsing crap at the same time.
    KBM and Karul works just fine on the twins, so you shouldn't have any problems seing when its being cast. Also your MT healers should use target of target. That way the clerics that target the tanks can easily see when the boss casts it.

But KBM shows both bosses casts. Just a little practice and you guys will figure it out. You def need two cleansers on each side, as both bosses cast the debuff on the entire raid. Another tip, keep your single target cleanse next to your aoe cleanse, when you are unsure if it has been cast, you can always check your single target cleanse. If it lights up it means the debuff is on the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendria View Post
    KBM and Karul works just fine on the twins, so you shouldn't have any problems seing when its being cast. Also your MT healers should use target of target. That way the clerics that target the tanks can easily see when the boss casts it.

But KBM shows both bosses casts. Just a little practice and you guys will figure it out. You def need two cleansers on each side, as both bosses cast the debuff on the entire raid. Another tip, keep your single target cleanse next to your aoe cleanse, when you are unsure if it has been cast, you can always check your single target cleanse. If it lights up it means the debuff is on the raid.
    Those are all work arounds, the fact is, if an ability has an effect that persists for any length of time it should put a debuff on the character so that you can know what is going on and not just have to guess.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

The point is, you can't see if you missed someone... maybe they were LoS to you or out of range of your AoE cleanse or was busy running from one side to the other to help balance dps and your cleanse went off before he got to you and the other side's cleanse went off too late to reach him...

Yeah, make it visible. At least then you can single target cleanse as needed. And no, your single target cleanse macro will not light up unless you're actively targeting the person who has the debuff.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Champion of Telara

That's all well and good, but the problem and fact is that some people simply don't get cleansed by your AoE cleanse, and you simply do not know they're missed. My Karuul Alert (which I have never needed personally) doesn't tell me that #13 player in the raid list is still debuffed, and that I should cleanse that individual.

The fact is, you can't spend your GCDs on that fight spamming the cleanse button just in case, and dedicating a cleansebot is simply not necessary. Just make a debuff that is obviously present visible so you can clear it off all the players instead of hoping you got them all with your AoE cleanse.

To be clear - I know when to cleanse, but I cannot always tell who to spot cleanse.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 03-01-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    That's all well and good, but the problem and fact is that some people simply don't get cleansed by your AoE cleanse, and you simply do not know they're missed. My Karuul Alert (which I have never needed personally) doesn't tell me that #13 player in the raid list is still debuffed, and that I should cleanse that individual.

The fact is, you can't spend your GCDs on that fight spamming the cleanse button just in case, and dedicating a cleansebot is simply not necessary. Just make a debuff that is obviously present visible so you can clear it off all the players instead of hoping you got them all with your AoE cleanse.

To be clear - I know when to cleanse, but I cannot always tell who to spot cleanse.

#show [skillname]
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui [skillname]
    cast @group01 [skillname]
    cast @group02 [skillname]
    cast @group03 [skillname]
    cast @group04 [skillname]
    cast @group05 [skillname]
    cast @group06 [skillname]
    cast @group07 [skillname]
    cast @group08 [skillname]
    cast @group09 [skillname]
    cast @group10 [skillname]
    cast @group11 [skillname]
    cast @group12 [skillname]
    cast @group13 [skillname]
    cast @group14 [skillname]
    cast @group15 [skillname]
    cast @group16 [skillname]
    cast @group17 [skillname]
    cast @group18 [skillname]
    cast @group19 [skillname]
    cast @group20 [skillname]

Aoe Clense, if this one is green afterwards just use it hopefully only once or twice.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Aoe Clense, if this one is green afterwards just use it hopefully only once or twice.
    AoE cleanse is a misnomer, it will only cleanse one person at a time. And it will only show green if your current target (or target-of-target) needs to be cleansed, not if anyone else does.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    AoE cleanse is a misnomer, it will only cleanse one person at a time. And it will only show green if your current target (or target-of-target) needs to be cleansed, not if anyone else does.
    Sorry by this one I meant the macro I posted.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Sorry by this one I meant the macro I posted.
    I was referring to that macro as well

Champion of Telara

With the macro, targeting the tank for healing, after an AoE cleanse fires off the tank is no longer debuffed, the macro icon is no longer highlighted because my target is cleansed. I still have no visual queue to know that #17 in the raid was around a pillar dodging a circle and somehow didn't get cleansed, and then drops dead.

POINT BLANK - There is ZERO reason for a debuff to be "invisible". It doesn't make the encounter any harder since we all know when to cleanse. It just makes it more annoying since our cleanses are not guaranteed to always hit everyone in the room. Really no reason to leave the debuff off the raid frames at this point.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 03-04-2013 at 12:13 PM.

The fact that you can deal with it does not mean that the bug shouldn't be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The fact that you can deal with it does not mean that the bug shouldn't be fixed.
    Agreed, but look on the bright side...at least it ticks for like nothing. If someone dies to a shock tick, someone failed another mechanic really badly.

And if someone actually thinks this is a threat, Orbital on the next boss will make them ragequit.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Agreed, but look on the bright side...at least it ticks for like nothing. If someone dies to a shock tick, someone failed another mechanic really badly.

And if someone actually thinks this is a threat, Orbital on the next boss will make them ragequit.
    Devastating shock ticks when the bosses have the damage buff ticks for around 6-7k. Missing that cleanse is really important. Normal shock ticks at ~3k, not so much.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post

The invisible debuff makes the next devastating shock hit for 6-8k, and can cause the floor AoE that normally hits for nothing to do 2-3k. I've seen weird issues where you will get debuffed, and then move across where the red lines meet at the side (they form a triangle), and get hit for 9k 3x in a row.

Overall, this debuff is buggy - and it being invisible causes a lot of frustration. I imagine most of the people indicating that "it's fine being broken" have never actually healed and/or cleansed this encounter.

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #2 - 7:00am PST 3/6/13 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 7/3/13 [EU]
    Kolmsasveli and Toinenveli: Devastating Shock will now put an icon on your character to indicate the DoT effect is on you.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...7-3-13-eu.html

Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast