+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Breaker Protocol bug/cheat

Rift Chaser

Default Storm Breaker Protocol bug/cheat

So, soon after hitting 60, and over 300 hit, I got in SBP. Being as I don't have the toughness to tank, I have to dps. So my ques tend to be longer. Anyhow, after we killed thee first 3 bosses, we were running through the little "town" or whatever it's called, where you throw the mines down. The group I was with decided to run up along the wall, and skip it. Ok, that's fine, as long as it's not too hard, right? Well, after about 5 attempts or so, I fell off. Then, the group decided to lambaste me for being an idiot 60 who can't maneuver his toon, and kicked me from the instance. The tank told me "I'm going to be an *****hole because." The next dungeon que that popped for me was, you guessed it, SBP. Someone else had the issue this time, so our group jumped down and did the extra stuff, all 3 or 5 minutes of it.

My point being, make it easier to skip this stuff, or impossible, so more ppl don't have to be on the receiving end of some ****s.
    Last edited by kickn4fun; 03-01-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spacing

Skipping that part is pretty stupid, the one group I was in that tried to do that managed to bug it out so we had to fight the last wave about 5 times before we could get to the last boss.

I agree its dumb. One time I went to the mobs like normal and I was chastized. Next run I assumed everyone did that so I went up, then I was chastized for skipping content. I've seen people booted from that instance when they couldn't make the jump to skip the nests at the beginning.

I agree, it should be easily skippable, or not skippable at all.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Yeah I refuse to skip that part, people get mad.

Rift Chaser

Skipper chiming in here...

Someone showed this to me like 2 weeks ago and I've used it 5-6 times since. It's really not that hard to execute. There's a white line to the left edge of the ledge. Line yourself up with that, walk straight and jump about 3m before every obstacle. The first 2 times I attempted this, I fell off once and I've had no trouble since.

Most PUGs I've been in, people thought it was cool and were happy to find out about it. Everyone figured it out fairly quick. It certainly didn't take longer than doing the mine events. I went through there with a guild group and we all just made the leap first go and shaved 5 min off the run.

This whole dungeon is filled with skippable parts, so who cares.

-You can jump up the wall to your right when you first land, thus skipping all of the initial trash.

- I usually run ahead of everyone for the first boss and pull him to the corners solo and get 2-3 stacks of the shield off before the other people jump the yellow lock out wall and get in there and never allow him to move again.

- You can skip the "protect the wall" event too, but most people don't do that anymore. I stopped doing it as well. Too many people die while trying to execute the jump.

- You can skip the second boss.

- You can skip all the trash leading to the 3rd boss

- You can skip the turret mechanic on the 3rd boss by pulling him over (allows even low DPS groups to avoid the mechanic).

- You can skip the 3 mine events by jumping the ledge.

So given all the other stuff you can "exploit" in the dungeon, is the ledge thing that much worse than anything else?

My new goal is to figure out a way to solo the event just before the final boss while waiting for people that are failing the jump. I can solo the first and second boss.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Quote Originally Posted by Zadozex View Post
    - You can skip the second boss.
    This part I will actually leave the group if they insist on doing it. The things you mention on the 1st and 3rd bosses are not really exploits (though jumping over the lockout wall could be a minor one) As for skipping all the trash it's just a remnant of how incredibly tedious this dungeon used to be. Skipping the end onslaughts is still dumb though.

Fortunately I usually do experts in full guild runs so I haven't had to leave a SBP group yet.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-01-2013 at 10:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread