+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Remove it please

Default Remove it please

I feel like being an *** so I'll ask this on forums.

Can we please have the green,thorny plant removed in the TDQ Jultharin fight? So many raids choosing to stand up on the plant to avoid every single lazer mechanic.

Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post

Can we please have the green,thorny plant removed in the TDQ Jultharin fight? So many raids choosing to stand up on the plant to avoid every single lazer mechanic.

True fact: trying to get a raid worth of people to jump up onto something takes longer than killing Jultharin and is much harder. In other words, that plant is Jultharin's activated hardmode.

So... DODGE THIS!
    Last edited by bitnine; 03-01-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Plane Walker

Didn't know such a plant existed. Bad bad plant, how dare you grow in wrong place...must be weed!
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 03-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Rift Disciple

Some people in my guild found out about this and wanted to try it, so we stood around and watched them try to jump up there for about 30 seconds.... then we did the fight the regular way with the usual amount of zero issues.

I still dont know how to do it We dont even bother to try...

Leave it. It's great for a guild just starting TDQ progression to get them used to the fight and better guilds don't bother with it because it takes so long to get someone up there.

By the way, you don't have to get everyone up top, just one person. Then have that person log out, everyone else goes and dies within cota range, the person who was logged out logs back in and cotas everyone up top, the tank jumps down and you're good to go. Even with this, it's still faster for decent guilds to just do the fight the proper way and guilds that don't have the dps can at least still get the occasional kill (and gear) to help them get good enough to where they don't need this method.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    By the way, you don't have to get everyone up top, just one person. Then have that person log out, everyone else goes and dies within cota range, the person who was logged out logs back in and cotas everyone up top, the tank jumps down and you're good to go.
    Wow. I may have been being slightly facetious before, but that quite literally sounds like a great way to get started on the fight at about the same time you should be done with it instead.

Leave it. It's great for a guild just starting TDQ progression to get them used to the fight ...

:/ To get them used to what? that fight has two mechanics #1 an interrupt on the boss and #2 lasers.

Getting "used" is the definition of progression, if you take that out you are just fighting a target dummy. Can we get in immunity shield in Regulos, it will really help in our progression :P

Yes please remove, if you can't do the fight.. don't do the fight.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 03-01-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Plane Touched

Thats an exploit.
    Apotheosys

Just remember this....

Remove it please-actualadvicemallardonexploits.jpg

L2P
    Last edited by Lioninya; 03-01-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post

Rift has no exploiters. I don't believe these claims where people would purposely bypass mechanics. Can you provide proof?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Leave it. It's great for a guild just starting TDQ progression to get them used to the fight and better guilds don't bother with it because it takes so long to get someone up there.

By the way, you don't have to get everyone up top, just one person. Then have that person log out, everyone else goes and dies within cota range, the person who was logged out logs back in and cotas everyone up top, the tank jumps down and you're good to go. Even with this, it's still faster for decent guilds to just do the fight the proper way and guilds that don't have the dps can at least still get the occasional kill (and gear) to help them get good enough to where they don't need this method.
    Yeah.....

I doubt that's intended.

@Lioninya lolol your icon is the best!!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Chaser

While we're at it, the ledge in stormbreaker that people use to skip the minelaying fights, which usually go quicker than trying to get everyone to figure out the stupid jumping puzzle.

Ascendant

I think Trion changed the wall box on the plant in 2.2 to prevent people from jumping up there.

While we're on the subject of Jultharin, the other change is that sub-50% you now always get two of the lightning walls.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    I think Trion changed the wall box on the plant in 2.2 to prevent people from jumping up there.

While we're on the subject of Jultharin, the other change is that sub-50% you now always get two of the lightning walls.
    Must have been bad luck. Its still completely random for us.

Also has anyone noticed the jultherin fight enrage is no longer the KBM enrage? or maybe KBMs clock is having lag or something I dont know. But we had a person DC mid fight and a person derp on a lazer and enrage happened about 20 seconds early. We still killed the fight pretty easily once we stopped farting around but I wasn't aware of them lowering his enrage timer, or maybe he was just bugged with us or KBM was off. But it read about 20 seconds early on every person in our raid.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-01-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast