+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOS time difference when 2 tanking twins vs 4 tanking.

Default LOS time difference when 2 tanking twins vs 4 tanking.

So we spent a little bit of time trying to 2 tank twins last night, was pretty rough, but one attempt it was going pretty well and then at 1:50 blue decided to do his Los ability. Normally this doesn't happen till 2:50 when we 4 tank it. Is this an intended feature when 2 tanking or just a bug? When we gave up and went back to 4 tanking it they did their los's at the normal times.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Champion

Its to do with DPS. If you dps too much, you go past a threshhold that makes the first los at 1:30 and the second at 2:30
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Prophet of Telara

There is a fail safe if you over DPS and chances are if you two tank and cleave them down together you will hit that fresh-hold. This is entirely normal so just be ready for it!
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Plane Walker

I'm not sure if you checked closely or if you are experiencing something different but for us it has always been:

160k>raid dps = wisp at 2.50

raid dps > 160k = wisp at 1.30

So when 2-tanking you will probably be higher in dps and maybe meet that timer. We were guessing it was in the encounter so that you can't nuke it without getting the los if you have too much dps.

Plane Walker

If you have ultra bad dps, i.e. the bosses healing a lot the los mechanic is even slower than 2:50

Soulwalker

Default DPS, Yeah

Based on our experience, the initial threshold for LOS is 60%. If they are under 60% when the first LOS timer hits(2:50), they will start there and do it every minute thereafter. If they are not under 60% when the first ones happens, it will check again in one minute and start then(and every minute thereafter).

Ok, figured it was something like that, we were at about 180k on that attempt so sounds about right.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    There is a fail safe if you over DPS and chances are if you two tank and cleave them down together you will hit that fresh-hold. This is entirely normal so just be ready for it!
    cleave them down... together?

I'm gonna bring this up at our next twins attempt because we're having issues killing them due to derping. If both groups are stacked then every player should be getting twice as much heals. (assuming we don't change composition other than 2 less tanks)

Where do you tank them? same spot(s) as normal or is there a better location?
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 02-28-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post

I'm gonna bring this up at our next twins attempt because we're having issues killing them due to derping. If both groups are stacked then every player should be getting twice as much heals. (assuming we don't change composition other than 2 less tanks)

Ask and you shall recieve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_nQH7m9ZM

This method puts even more responsibility on individual players since the bubbles will pretty much always drop on the whole raid. That sounds like it may not be a good thing for your raid.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    This method puts even more responsibility on individual players since the bubbles will pretty much always drop on the whole raid. That sounds like it may not be a good thing for your raid.
    It also causes the bubbles to do even more damage, to the point that they're usually a 1-shot instead of a 2-shot.

It makes the fight more punishing, but it also makes it way shorter. You have to decide if that's a good trade-off for your group.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-28-2013 at 09:12 PM.

We had similar reasoning.

We tried the fast strat, and while we didn't get it due to people derping (and there being no room for error at all in this strat) it did make it easier for them to avoid derp doing it normally. Mostly because they realized that it could be much much worse.

+ Reply to Thread