+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: how much HP do i need for the 20-mans?

Prophet of Telara

Default how much HP do i need for the 20-mans?

I have 16,230 HP without raid buffs or consumables. Will this be enough as a caster or should I just forget it?

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    I have 16,230 HP without raid buffs or consumables. Will this be enough as a caster or should I just forget it?
    20k buffed is a good target

Prophet of Telara

So I can't even do FT at all? I'm sad...

I strongly recommend getting the Conquest trinket and Readiness III if you haven't yet. People tend to focus on the fact that they're minor DPS increases, but the extra health is by far the more important part, particularly when you're dealing with bursty raid damage like Gelidra's Arcbound Storm, Crucia's Orbital Strike, and Zaviel's explosion.

And yeah, I know that Conquest is aggressively unfun, but you're putting yourself at a massive disadvantage if you skip it.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I strongly recommend getting the Conquest trinket and Readiness III if you haven't yet. People tend to focus on the fact that they're minor DPS increases, but the extra health is by far the more important part, particularly when you're dealing with bursty raid damage like Gelidra's Arcbound Storm, Crucia's Orbital Strike, and Zaviel's explosion.

And yeah, I know that Conquest is aggressively unfun, but you're putting yourself at a massive disadvantage if you skip it.
    Sorry, what is Readiness III? Is that a lesser?

I already have the CQ trinket (the purple L50 one). Thanks for your advice! I will check the PVP vendors to see what else I can buy.
    Last edited by m1nus; 02-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.

So I can't even do FT at all? I'm sad...
    Well you can.... but you may die

Plain and simple... there are gear and stat checks in raids. If you do not meet those "checks".... then you will have a hard time. It doesn't mean you cant try and do the raid or encounter... but its not necessarily advisable.

A good target point for a caster is 18-20k RAID BUFFED (16-18k unbuffed) for entry level raiding.

Sorry, what is Readiness III? Is that a lesser? I already have the CQ trinket (the purple L50 one). Thanks for your advice! I will check the PVP vendors to see what else I can buy.
    Readiness 3 is the top bonus granted by CQ points. Look at your CQ points. Readiness 3 is a buff granted by maintaining 180,000 CQ points and above. And there is another trinket you can buy off a different vendor. Its through Karthen Ridge rep and will be an upgrade from the lvl 50 CQ trinket.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 02-23-2013 at 06:26 PM.

I already have the CQ trinket (the purple L50 one). Thanks for your advice! I will check the PVP vendors to see what else I can buy.
    There's a new level 60 conquest trinket. You can upgrade the old one into it if you buy a Freelancer Power Cell with 4800 Marks of Conquest.

Readiness III is the buff you get from having 180k Conquest Power. It actually stacks with Readiness I and Readiness II, which means you get like... 2k health, I think?
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-23-2013 at 06:25 PM.

IIRC 16k is what we were going in with when this stuff was new, and the content has mostly seen reductions in damage and buffs to healing since. More is better, but 16k unbuffed is fine. Just don't stand in the fire.

Also there are simple ways to get your HP up short-term that doesn't involve farming PvP for 100 hours. Put an endurance rune on your gloves, use an endurance vial instead of Brightsurge, use Renewing Seeds, etc.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 02-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Well you can.... but you may die

Plain and simple... there are gear and stat checks in raids. If you do not meet those "checks".... then you will have a hard time. It doesn't mean you cant try and do the raid or encounter... but its not necessarily advisable.

A good target point for a caster is 19-20k BUFFED for entry level raiding.
    I've been doing TODQ but with the lockout, I can only do it once a week. Then I have to fight the RNG and other players rolling for gear.

I already have 4/4 with the Synergy crystal and since I can only get expert dungeor marks once a day, it's another long battle before I can upgrade these 4 to purples (and buy other pcs with high Endurance).

As for the rest of my gear, I'm wearing upgraded world merchant gear bought using stones.

Is there another gear path that I missed? So far, I'm doing those three and it looks like I am still a long ways off in terms of HP.
    Last edited by m1nus; 02-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Readiness III is a passive stat increase Perk that you get from Conquest Points, check in your Warfronts>Conquest tab. Requires 180,000 CQ Points

"Readiness III
    Increases Spell Power and Vengeance by 60.
    Increases Max Health by 730."
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

I've been doing TODQ but with the lockout, I can only do it once a week. Then I have to fight the RNG and other players rolling for gear.

I already have 4/4 with the Synergy crystal and since I can only get expert dungeor marks once a day, it's another long battle before I can upgrade these 4 to purples (and buy other pcs with high Endurance).

As for the rest of my gear, I'm wearing upgraded world merchant gear bought using stones.

Is there another gear path that I missed? So far, I'm doing those three and it looks like I am still a long ways off in terms of HP.
    You didn't miss anything. If you've got that much gear you are fine. People who've been farming this content for a while tend to lose perspective. Like I said, if you pay attention to mechanics and avoid any damage that is avoidable (a lot of people don't and use HP and over-healing as a crutch) there won't be a problem. Honestly TODQ's bosses don't represent much less than FT in terms of AOE damage.

edit- Though I will say you will probably eat a lot of dirt in EE. You'll want to be at least fully expert geared for that one.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 02-23-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Readiness 3 is the top bonus granted by CQ points. Look at your CQ points. Readiness 3 is a buff granted by maintaining 180,000 CQ points and above. And there is another trinket you can buy off a different vendor. Its through Karthen Ridge rep and will be an upgrade from the lvl 50 CQ trinket.
    Looks like I already have Readiness III - http://i.imgur.com/oLAGg1z.png

I also have the L50 purple CQ trinket (I need 2200 more marks to upgrade to the L60 one).

I've bought 4 pieces of blue expert gear and I have 4/4 Synergy (would be nice if I could upgrade these to purples and hopefully get more HP).

Rest of my gear is a mix of upgraded world merchant gear (the blue +53 ones) and purple weapons, rings, seal.

I do TODQ once a week and expert dungeons once a day.

And yet I am still sitting at 16K HP for my preferred role in raid and 18K HP for my secondary role (support and rdps).

Really would like to go to FT!
    Last edited by m1nus; 02-23-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Looks like I already have Readiness III - http://i.imgur.com/oLAGg1z.png

I also have the L50 purple CQ trinket (I need 2200 more marks to upgrade to the L60 one).

I've bought 4 pieces of blue expert gear and I have 4/4 Synergy (would be nice if I could upgrade these to purples and hopefully get more HP).

Rest of my gear is a mix of upgraded world merchant gear (the blue +53 ones) and purple weapons, rings, seal.

I do TODQ once a week and expert dungeons once a day.

And yet I am still sitting at 16K HP for my preferred role in raid and 18K HP for my secondary role (support and rdps).

Really would like to go to FT!
    Then go. No one here is saying you cant. Keep in mind many of us are suggesting "BUFFED" numbers. This is because if your going into a raid.. your going to be raid buffed and thats the actual HPS number you will be raiding with. If your 16k-17k unbuffed... then your fine.

And as for the trinket.. i know you have the 50 purp one. But there is ANOTHER trinket option that can be purchased through a different vendor and is based on Karthan Ridge Rep. Check it and see if its better for you. That trinket can ALSO be upgraded through marks just like the CQ purple one.

Plane Walker

If you are glorified with Torvan or Lycini you should try to get a sigil with as many lessers as possible from those two factions as they give you ~40 endurance (400hp) each. The raid rift drops while better statwise, does not have any endurance on them. If you have not farmed any of those reputation you should start with Lycini, it is very easy to farm by doing low level rift solo (50-53) in pelladane or City core.

You can also craft an endurance seal and use that one on fights that you need more hp on. Endurance vials is a bigger loss in terms of endurance gain, but they still exist if you don't want to spend money on a completely new seal.

In the end though not many fights require a lot of hp as long as you are aware of tactics and stay out of bad. It helps a lot yes, but its not needed. You would probably have a hard time on Matriarch and Regulos, but if you are just stepping into raiding 20 man those bosses are a later concern for you
    Last edited by Whaitiing; 02-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    If you are glorified with Torvan or Lycini you should try to get a sigil with as many lessers as possible from those two factions as they give you ~40 endurance (400hp) each. The raid rift drops while better statwise, does not have any endurance on them. If you have not farmed any of those reputation you should start with Lycini, it is very easy to farm by doing low level rift solo (50-53) in pelladane or City core.

You can also craft an endurance seal and use that one on fights that you need more hp on. Endurance vials is a bigger loss in terms of endurance gain, but they still exist if you don't want to spend money on a completely new seal.

In the end though not many fights require a lot of hp as long as you are aware of tactics and stay out of bad. It helps a lot yes, but its not needed. You would probably have a hard time on Matriarch and Regulos, but if you are just stepping into raiding 20 man those bosses are a later concern for you
    Thanks for the tip about increasing my Lycini rep! I just checked and I'm Honored with Torvan and Revered with the Lycini.

I was concerned about my HP because I joined a FT run earlier on crossraids and they kicked me out even before the first pull! The leader of the group said it was because I didn't have 22K HP so I was obviously disappointed. First run and it didn't go well rifght from the start. But you guys said 16-18K unbuffed is fine so I think the group I was with was just being ******.

Thanks all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast