+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Relinquish

Thread: Field and Stream achievement not rewarding.

Default Field and Stream achievement not rewarding.

Field and Stream not awarding, along with many other raid achievements is getting old very fast. Many other unrewarded achievements (RA FT, perfect Regulos, hands free spree, etc.) aren't so bad, you petition them, GMs check logs, you get them (eventually) but I'm having one hell of a time getting my field and stream. I fully avoid all mechanics during the fight and each time i petition, I'm told they "can't see in their logs" that i did what i did.

This achievement needs to be looked into being fixed directly so it's no longer a crap shoot whether a GM gives it or not when you properly do the fight. Hell, ALL the bugged achievements should be fixed. There's nothing more disappointing than working for an achievement only to have to petition and wait to have it rewarded.

4/4 TotDQ + Conq | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE

Uh oh, I literally did this achievement last night and submitted a petition. Was feeling confident until I read this. Got me all paranoid now. My favorite is when they refuse to take provided resources under advisement to help verify the issue. I have the logs, I'm sure it won't matter. I had Screenshots of a rare spawn inside of a rock on consecutive spawns and they told me "hard luck."

/ruffle

My signature isn't centered.

Champion

Good to know it's bugged so I can stop worrying about it. Makes me curious if it bugged recently or it's always been bugged though as I heard some people got the FT conqueror mech suit thingy. If they're not rewarding petitions I wonder how that happened.

If you truely avoid getting hit and put in a petition, they grant the achieve. Its worked for everyone i know of. My guess is you didnt actually avoid it.

Make sure you are double checking your logs... and not just "thinking" you got it. Its the type of thing where its easy to think you avoided everything only to discover you were wrong.

Prophet of Telara

I got it a while back after making a ticket. No clue if it's supposed to have been fixed since then tho.

Champion

Its always been broken, but you need to make a petition to get it. They told me its a known issue and are working on a fix, but granted me it.

There are a lot of raid achieves that arent given when completed, kinda sad really that we have to petition so much :/
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

I've gotten it multiple times, confirmed by multiple people in the raid and they generally give some BS excuse about not seeing it in their logs and asking if others in the raid got it. Maybe I'm just getting bad luck with GMs who don't know what they're doing (it's happened plenty before) but still, doesn't stop the fact it should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish View Post
    I've gotten it multiple times, confirmed by multiple people in the raid and they generally give some BS excuse about not seeing it in their logs and asking if others in the raid got it. Maybe I'm just getting bad luck with GMs who don't know what they're doing (it's happened plenty before) but still, doesn't stop the fact it should be fixed.
    Either your having really bad GM luck, or your logs are lying to you

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Either your having really bad GM luck, or your logs are lying to you
    Yeah, see, thing is I know how to dodge **** and I know when I have or haven't so feel free to move along.

You should add a screenshot of in-game parser addon (preferably SimpleMeter) of the incoming damage on your character. SimpleMeter is most accurate on this as it does not break fights in parts.
    Screeny can be added using web interface of support (not in-game).
    Ofcourse GMs can see the logs but sometimes they avoid doing so. Adding parser screen will increase your chances.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

Hello Dapp,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused, as I can completely understand your frustration with not receiving an achievement that you have worked hard to accomplish. Please understand that the achievement Field and Stream is one that we simply cannot verify in our logs, because the combat logs are not readily available. I can guarantee you that I have looked into this achievement thoroughly, and verified that it is working 100% properly at this time.

how do you explain that my dmg taken was 100% devastating shock.

Update:

They told me the logs do not exist for that encounter that I'm requesting my achievement for.

Lol.

My signature isn't centered.

I got mine via ticket, and the reply was "After researching your issue, we have added the Achievement "Field and Stream" to your character."

I only provided instance ID and said i personally cheked my own logs.
    Last edited by Bubbaz; 02-23-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sigkapouro View Post
    Hello Dapp,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused, as I can completely understand your frustration with not receiving an achievement that you have worked hard to accomplish. Please understand that the achievement Field and Stream is one that we simply cannot verify in our logs, because the combat logs are not readily available. I can guarantee you that I have looked into this achievement thoroughly, and verified that it is working 100% properly at this time.

how do you explain that my dmg taken was 100% devastating shock.
    Achievements are for winners Dapp.

Providing them with names of people you know have gotten the achievement via ticket seems to work to get them to "change their mind" and reward it.

+ Reply to Thread