+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Getting started on raiding at lvl 50 on sl

Rift Chaser

Default Getting started on raiding at lvl 50 on sl

i just hit 50. i want to do classic raids like hk and id as well as sl raids. what do i do or need to prepare for these raids?

note - i am old school and i like to grind

Before I answer this... What is your goal? Did you want to experience the raid content while it is level appropriate and challenging or did you just want to run through it and take a tour? If you have SL, it's going to be impossible to get it done before you out level the content.

Rift Master

Pretty much agreeing with Aerelith here. Even if you don't do any SL content before you do the lvl 50 raids, you're quickly going to get a couple levels which will severely decrease the difficulty of them.

Combine that with the fact that you still need to grind some gear to reach the hit-level required to get into the chocolate raids.

For the chocolate raids, I'd continue with the quests in the SL zones, and get yourself +25 hit gear across the board (weapons, jewlery, gloves, helm). That will get you up to the gear requirements for all of them. You can then go back and do them with some groups, though you'll probably find them pretty easy since you'll both be out geared and levelled.

Once you're content with those, finish the level grind to 60, and get your +40 hit gear to get into SL-experts and/or +53 hit gear for SL-Raids.

Problem is, you have a hard time to find 10 - 20 lvl 50 people for the lvl 50 raids nowdays.

Even if you do find them I am pretty sure that you wil keep wiping due the lack of gear.

Best thing is just to lvl to 60 right away and do those later or join a group that does them for achiev or other things .. but it will always be easy with lvl 60 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    lol, you are the one I could see,
    ToTDQ:4/4 || FT: 4/4 || EE 5/5 || HM (3/4)

Rift Chaser

i never had a chance to do any raids in my mmos. because i had to stop playing before the lvl caps due injuries caused by repetitive typing. i am back after 4 months of healing. now, just jusr lvl 50. my goal to do the classic raids to experience the lore, adventure, get the achievements,like follow the ancients, get in some experience in raiding and move on the sl raids.

Rift Chaser

thanks for all your help. i appreciate it.

Rift Chaser

thanks everyone. i did 2 10 man raids. i love it. i did unknowningly got involved with 20 man raid hk. of course, my gear was not up there yet. but i survived and healed the group. until..we got to the nasty, sob boss. its red ring aoes were nasty. it needed to be purged or cleansed. we got wiped before the purge. we did not know the mechanics and some admitted in mumble they never did hk. i learned my lessons. get the best gear at the lvl and do research to get the intel on the boss mechanics on forums and youtube.

anyway, i still had fun. but what a nasty, sob boss...lol

Quote Originally Posted by riftloreseeker View Post
    thanks everyone. i did 2 10 man raids. i love it. i did unknowningly got involved with 20 man raid hk. of course, my gear was not up there yet. but i survived and healed the group. until..we got to the nasty, sob boss. its red ring aoes were nasty. it needed to be purged or cleansed. we got wiped before the purge. we did not know the mechanics and some admitted in mumble they never did hk. i learned my lessons. get the best gear at the lvl and do research to get the intel on the boss mechanics on forums and youtube.

anyway, i still had fun. but what a nasty, sob boss...lol
    I'm guessing you mean Sicaron. He has a purge (requires 2-3 purgers), a cleanse (aoe), contracts, and a shared tank cleave. Fun boss

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I'm guessing you mean Sicaron. He has a purge (requires 2-3 purgers), a cleanse (aoe), contracts, and a shared tank cleave. Fun boss
    hell yes. he is one lol

The only reason to do pre-sl instances is for achieves and selling off loot. People are 5 manning hk, so there you go.

+ Reply to Thread