+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So why the expert dungeon grind?

Plane Walker

Default So why the expert dungeon grind?

I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is.

I've recently gotten a piece of gear from Endless Eclipse. Some nice boots off the first encounter. I can upgrade these to work with the higher level syn-crystals. However, I need to grind out 24 marks from the expert dungeons to get the piece required for it.

Even with all the improvements done to LFG in this game, it still took about an hour to get a group to do just one dungeon. I was que'd up as DPS and support too.

My guildmates really don't want to do this either. I was lucky enough to get a couple together to do 3 more dungeons. I still need 2 more to get a total of 24 marks.Honestly, this is really stupid, and takes way too much time. Raiders...Do...Not....Need...Or....Want...to....Gr ind...Experts! We have no use for them at all, and we've gotten the gear we wanted from them already.

Please trion, make something else convertable such as the 100"s of useless tier one planar marks I have from starting SL, or maybe converting some other kind of useless old marks just rotting away? I'm going to have to assume hard mode dungeons will alliviate some of this, but we're still waiting on those. I'm sorry, but it seems like really bad timing on release of these mechanics to get the stuff we want. Your gating to gear is really becoming very cumbersome. Light a fire and get this S^&* done already!

Try queueing as something that's in demand (healer or tank). Or just do the chronicle every day until you have enough marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    Raiders...Do...Not....Need...Or....Want...to....Gr ind...Experts! We have no use for them at all, and we've gotten the gear we wanted from them already.
    Except that you do need them, as evidenced by the fact that you can upgrade raid gear with the marks.

The whole point of requiring dungeon marks for raid gear upgrades is so that you still go back and do them periodically, but don't need to do all seven every week. It's a good middle ground-- it encourages you to do small-scale group content occasionally, but not constantly.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Because there was no motivation for doing experts once you get raid gear. Thus nobody was doing experts, so nobody could get geared up to raid. This solution is fantastic and much better than dropping raid marks for experts as they did pre-SL, as it also makes raid drops more useful, in comparison to raid vendor gear, because both can contribute to your set bonus.

If you are not queueing with a tank or healer, then either find one, or make a tank/healing spec.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 02-19-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Your gating to gear is really becoming very cumbersome. Light a fire and get this S^&* done already!
    I agree, they shouldn't have added this feature in. They should remove raid drops being upgradeable to synergy crystal bonus gear. This gating is ridiculous! I had to spend only a few days compared to a few weeks to get 4pc raid crystal bonus gear, and I had to spend a few days instead of a few weeks getting near BiS crafted gear.

Too much gear gating! /sarcasm.
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Are we really complaining that we can now fully itemize our gear the way we want and still maintain synergy crystal bonuses? Just by doing experts we can turn normal raid gear with preferred stats into tier gear?

Life is so hard, better nerf crucia and matriarch.

Champion

Needing to do 6 expert dungeons in order to upgrade a piece to 4 pc status is no gear gate and I'd barely consider it a grind.

If lfg ques are that frustrating get a tank or healing set. Longest que I've had as heals is maybe 15 minutes, and for tanks its probably even better.

Four piece set bonuses tend to be pretty good. They don't come free. Having to occasionally que for an expert is a small price to pay with a reward thats more than worth it.

i despise experts and the only way to get me in there is to force me when i need to upgrade a raid item.
    working as intended?
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    If lfg ques are that frustrating get a tank or healing set. Longest que I've had as heals is maybe 15 minutes, and for tanks its probably even better.
    Tank queues are usually instant.

Am i reading OP's post correctly? Are you complaining that you HAVE to do Experts to obtain a 4 peace set bonus relatively quick?

Let's see, raid gear is super expensive, you only get 3 Frozen Eclipse stones per boss. Do the math on that to get 4 pieces. OR! you can get 4 raid drops, get the Expert dungeon marks, and have a 4 piece crystal set in little to no time.

Brief Summary: Quit *****ing.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

I actually like the idea of having to run experts to get marks to upgrade raid drops, but what do I know, I'm just a guy on the interwebz.
    "Wizards First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Prior to this change, like some have said, it was an arduous grind towards getting your 4 piece set, like literally months upon months.

With this change you could make certain BiS pieces eligible for the 4 piece set in the span of a week. It was about a 80% reduction in grind time for a 200SP/AP bonus.

The price is right for those expert cells.

I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is.

I've recently gotten a piece of gear from Endless Eclipse. Some nice boots off the first encounter. I can upgrade these to work with the higher level syn-crystals. However, I need to grind out 24 marks from the expert dungeons to get the piece required for it.

Even with all the improvements done to LFG in this game, it still took about an hour to get a group to do just one dungeon. I was que'd up as DPS and support too.

My guildmates really don't want to do this either. I was lucky enough to get a couple together to do 3 more dungeons. I still need 2 more to get a total of 24 marks.Honestly, this is really stupid, and takes way too much time. Raiders...Do...Not....Need...Or....Want...to....Gr ind...Experts! We have no use for them at all, and we've gotten the gear we wanted from them already.

Please trion, make something else convertable such as the 100"s of useless tier one planar marks I have from starting SL, or maybe converting some other kind of useless old marks just rotting away? I'm going to have to assume hard mode dungeons will alliviate some of this, but we're still waiting on those. I'm sorry, but it seems like really bad timing on release of these mechanics to get the stuff we want. Your gating to gear is really becoming very cumbersome. Light a fire and get this S^&* done already!

Are you actually serious? Back in the ID/HK/RoS/GSB days the only way to get bonus was farm raids for weeks to get 4pc bonus. Now you are complaining that it is easier? W T F... I was doing 1 expert per day with guildes so my bonuses didnt go to waste. 20-30 mins runs - easy job, had enough marks to upgrade 2 pieces instantly, I also bought 4 items before for gilded crystal bonus. If you cant be bothered to do simple expert, especially with guildies (instant queue, decent group, quick run) dont expect to get anything.
    Or maybe you want things to be as they were before? You wouldnt even touch 4pc bonus for another month or two?
    God, this is probably one of the biggest improvement for people that are not progressing fast and they are still complaining... Maybe you want instant relic too?
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-19-2013 at 06:41 PM.

You have to play the game to play the game? Preposterous!
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

The only annoying thing about experts is that you only get marks through the daily randoms. This is really annoying and only serves to artificially slow down gearing up for raids. After hitting 60 last week I'm capped at 7 marks per day (4+bonus from expert and 1+bonus from chronicle). Compare this to the old experts where I could run them as often as I wished for marks and only had the daily limit for raid marks.

Make bosses drop marks please.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    The only annoying thing about experts is that you only get marks through the daily randoms. This is really annoying and only serves to artificially slow down gearing up for raids. After hitting 60 last week I'm capped at 7 marks per day (4+bonus from expert and 1+bonus from chronicle). Compare this to the old experts where I could run them as often as I wished for marks and only had the daily limit for raid marks.

Make bosses drop marks please.
    This was to stop people progressing through content too fast. If you was able to do this you could be fully expert vendor geared in a day.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast