+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Remove Rewards from old Conqueror Achievements

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sethax View Post

as far as hipocracy goes you're kind of one yourself.
    What does that statement even mean?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Not even going to start to pick a fight with you Ahov that wasn't my intention. Not all of us are born where engligh is the main language. Perhaps my typing isnt alway 100% but i do think my intention comes through none the less, you're an inteligent person....try and figure it out.

You want to keep the Hammerknell and Infernal Dawn mounts ''unique'' because you ''earned it''.....and you've been running around showing off with them for about a year now. Would it hurt your e-peen that much too see a player with 4/4 ToTDQ and 1/4 FT running around with it?

Telaran

I've always felt expansions in mmo's of this type where large scale raiding is the main driving force of the game ''wasted space'' leaving old 20 mans unused perhaps forever....rewards not worth returning and mechanics depending on numbers and or excecution to pass even at higher levels.

If i had it my way they would take the time to scale them down to 5 man instances while maintaining as much of the core mechanics as possible (difficulty level equivalent of Master Mode) Guild Wars 2 have 5 man dungeons with raid equivalent difficulty.....final one may take hours to complete even with a fully geared 5 man group.

This would still warrant skill to acomplish the Conqueror achievement and at the same time open up a whole new bracket of content. 5 man raids....yeah i like that idea

Ascendant

Not even going to start to pick a fight with you Ahov that wasn't my intention. Not all of us are born where engligh is the main language. Perhaps my typing isnt alway 100% but i do think my intention comes through none the less, you're an inteligent person....try and figure it out.

You want to keep the Hammerknell and Infernal Dawn mounts ''unique'' because you ''earned it''.....and you've been running around showing off with them for about a year now. Would it hurt your e-peen that much too see a player with 4/4 ToTDQ and 1/4 FT running around with it?
    Actually if you read my statements, I'm not directly supporting this idea.

I'm pointing out that it's already been implemented in other areas of the game, so to blanketly state that I'm just an elitist or whatnot is pretty childish.

It's a legitimate argument, and if you believe that all event achievements/items should be available 24/7, then you are not a hypocrite.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

What you're saying is basically ''screw you guys'' as far as hipocracy goes you're kind of one yourself.
    Wait...what? I am being a hypocrite in what form?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Wait...what? I am being a hypocrite in what form?
    I wasnt quoting you i was quoting Ahov because he wants to close the old raid achievement rewards, its all well and good for you who probably got these rewards a year ago. Now however these raids are beeing used by players who are either A) Out of current content outside raid schedual who wants some kind of reward or B) Lack the skill/gear or players to even contest new content.

its easy to call it non elitist but i see this type of a ''fix'' only work toward separating the ''elite'' from the rest of the player base....and to claim this is not elitist attitude is hipocritical

I wasnt quoting you i was quoting Ahov because he wants to close the old raid achievement rewards, its all well and good for you who probably got these rewards a year ago. Now however these raids are beeing used by players who are either A) Out of current content outside raid schedual who wants some kind of reward or B) Lack the skill/gear or players to even contest new content.

its easy to call it non elitist but i see this type of a ''fix'' only work toward separating the ''elite'' from the rest of the player base....and to claim this is not elitist attitude is hipocritical
    Oh, yeah I just re-read what you said, sorry. I misread.

Regardless, let's try to not turn this into a name and shame.

No. My guild does not do CQ achieves. I have to PUG that stuff, which wasn't really possible until after SL dropped, because I had to do the raids with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    as far as hipocracy goes you're kind of one yourself.
    I think he's implying that in a society governed by hippos, you would be king.

Or he's trying to call you a hypocrite. Really, it could go either way, but the hippocracy thing sounds cooler.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-18-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Plane Walker

Whatever feeling of 'special' and accomplishment you got from getting those achieves just wasn't enough so you want to rub it in by taking away whatever enjoyment people in future may get out of going for those...

Doesn't take much to figure out why the hardcore raiding community gets so much flak eh?

Rift Disciple

Has anybody else thought about this? Or am I the only one? I see a ton of groups going for conqueror of pre-SL raids to get the rewards. This will probably come off as elitist, but in my opinion the reward should only be there for as long as the content can remain at the very least, semi-challenging. Sure, you can be a tier or two ahead of the content and it will still be hard for some, but once you are 10 levels higher with double the stats, it becomes trivialized. The achievement no longer becomes an achievement, it is a very simple thing to get, the sense of reward is gone. With the sense of reward gone, why reward those who complete it with great rewards such as the ID mount when it is no longer difficult to obtain? They are called achievements for a reason, you should strive to achieve, go above and beyond, not faceroll old content.

My opinion is that these achievements in the future should be made into Legacy achievements and the reward or achievement itself should no longer be obtainable. I realize it is too late to do this now, as it would be unfair to the people who have already done pre-SL conqueror post-SL, but in the future I believe this might be a good idea.

Thoughts/comments/flames?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Ha_XjCuA8

Plane Walker

That actually came to mind when I read this post. Along with "of all the stupid sh** to think about...". Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebasiz View Post
    That actually came to mind when I read this post. Along with "of all the stupid sh** to think about...". Pathetic.
    Sorry that my apparent "elitism" is too much for you to comprehend ;-). It was just an idea, sorry that it warped your little minds into thinking I am made of pure evil and epeen.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 02-18-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Sorry that my apparent "elitism" is too much for you to comprehend ;-). It was just an idea, sorry that it warped your little minds into thinking I am made of pure evil and epeen.
    No one is speculating you are made up of pure evil and epeen. I thought that fact was already established. I mean, you do have business cards of yourself that say "Pro Tank/Troll" and a tshirt that says RoughRaptors <Breaking Bads>.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    No one is speculating you are made up of pure evil and epeen. I thought that fact was already established. I mean, you do have business cards of yourself that say "Pro Tank/Troll" and a tshirt that says RoughRaptors <Breaking Bads>.
    What elitist doesn't? It comes in every do it yourself kit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast