+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Remove Rewards from old Conqueror Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Has anybody else thought about this? Or am I the only one? I see a ton of groups going for conqueror of pre-SL raids to get the rewards. This will probably come off as elitist, but in my opinion the reward should only be there for as long as the content can remain at the very least, semi-challenging. Sure, you can be a tier or two ahead of the content and it will still be hard for some, but once you are 10 levels higher with double the stats, it becomes trivialized. The achievement no longer becomes an achievement, it is a very simple thing to get, the sense of reward is gone. With the sense of reward gone, why reward those who complete it with great rewards such as the ID mount when it is no longer difficult to obtain? They are called achievements for a reason, you should strive to achieve, go above and beyond, not faceroll old content.

My opinion is that these achievements in the future should be made into Legacy achievements and the reward or achievement itself should no longer be obtainable. I realize it is too late to do this now, as it would be unfair to the people who have already done pre-SL conqueror post-SL, but in the future I believe this might be a good idea.

Thoughts/comments/flames?
    With the same analogy, Crucia should NOT reward any more Relic loot since some guilds are killing it after the nerf. Why not reward only the guilds that managed to get her before the nerf?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Likewise, what's wrong with limiting raid achievements? I see hypocrisy in anyone who claims limiting event currency/rewards is OK but limiting raid rewards isn't.
    I just see a strawman argument from an epeen waving egotist. Without the achieves, people wouldn't be running the older content. Trion don't design content just for the top few percent of players, what sort of business model is that?

The thousands of casuals whose subs pay for the development of this content have every right to get in there and experience it .If there are no incentives to run older content then nobody would be running it at all.

It's just a game, it's not supposed to be validation for your ego. Perhaps you should just continue to link your relics in cross-shard chat? Or does your burgeoning ego need more?

The achievements already give you a indicator of when you got them via a pretty easy to read date.

Therefor, your elitism is still in full effect as you can simply link it and anyone with a ounce of math skills can go "Yep, before SL!".

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    I just see a strawman argument from an epeen waving egotist. Without the achieves, people wouldn't be running the older content. Trion don't design content just for the top few percent of players, what sort of business model is that?

The thousands of casuals whose subs pay for the development of this content have every right to get in there and experience it .If there are no incentives to run older content then nobody would be running it at all.

It's just a game, it's not supposed to be validation for your ego. Perhaps you should just continue to link your relics in cross-shard chat? Or does your burgeoning ego need more?
    I'm not actually supporting or condoning anything.

My argument is still relevant.

This is a very bad idea. The fact that the content is still considered content and being ran, which keeps subs going and people wanting to log on, is the best case for Trion. Killing any reward for people wanting to run old content would be like castrating yourself for no reason whatsoever.

In short: no. You'd be killing content, or at least any reason to go back and do it. Which, would give people one more reason not to log into a dying game.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    This is a very bad idea. The fact that the content is still considered content and being ran, which keeps subs going and people wanting to log on, is the best case for Trion. Killing any reward for people wanting to run old content would be like castrating yourself for no reason whatsoever.

In short: no. You'd be killing content, or at least any reason to go back and do it. Which, would give people one more reason not to log into a dying game.
    If you're going to quit, just do it and cease bringing doom and gloom to the forums.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-17-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    If you're going to quit, just do it and cease bringing doom and gloom to the forums.
    I could give you at least 10 glaring reasons to support my statement. And, after all, I'm entitled to my opinion, no matter how much you disagree with it. Also, I will just keep playing just to get under your skin =)

Either way, lets keep things on topic. This thread isn't about me. Unless I'm that important to you(if so, keep it to PMs).

Removing rewards from content is bad, m'kay!
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-17-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

H
    Shift+RMb
    /y INB4EZMODE
    /me struts
    who took my names!

I wouldn't mind if they removed the rewards from previous tiers if they replaced it with something to aquire them all. The example I can think of is, if you complete the current Tier achievements you get all the tiers 1 through 4 rewards. Then when tier 5 is released it would act the same way you couldn't go back to tier 4 and prevent exploiting easy content for rewards. Of course you could still go back and run the raids for achievement points but you wouldn't get easy mode mounts and titles from it. Just a thought.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

mmm...nah. It's just a fact of life that when you get a new toy, all the kids on the block will see you playing with it then will go out and buy the exact same one, driving it into the ground. Sometimes, most kids just have to wait until the price goes down (content gets nerfed.) However by that time, all the hip, edgy kids will see the new toy come around and get it before anybody else does, and that'll just repeat.

for HK and ID, the price dropped, and the FT/EE ones are the new toys in the store. Start saving up, kiddos!
    Morseus - P80 Defiant Mage
    Durandal - P70 Defiant Warrior
    Varkas - P3x Defiant Rogue

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Except the "new toys" are garbage.

I dunno, the mech is good times. Agree on the statue, though.
    Morseus - P80 Defiant Mage
    Durandal - P70 Defiant Warrior
    Varkas - P3x Defiant Rogue

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Except the "new toys" are garbage.
    You mean raiders dont spend their entire day at work thinking about their dimensions items which they can show to RPers who visit their dimention when they log back on to rift? I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS.
    Last edited by Alex113; 02-18-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    You mean raiders dont spend their entire day at work thinking about their dimensions items which they can show to RPers who visit their dimention when they log back on to rift? I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS.
    I just love how people still gripe about free crap.
    Last edited by Valavus; 02-18-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: I had a potty mouth
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Prophet of Telara

I know rite, hardcore raiding and statues, doesnt get any better than that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast