+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Raiding since the hotfix...

Default Raiding since the hotfix...

I am starting this thread to hear other people's opinions and advice for raid guilds at this time, specifically after this last hotfix. I'm sure hardcore guilds that are farm status for crucia and regulous arnt having any issues, so no need to flame this thread..

Are others having troubles downing bosses due to lower overall raid dps/hps? It was my understanding that since bugs were fixed that other abilitys were buffed to help compensate. I was hoping some classes would make up for where others have gone down.. This has put up a big speed bump for us. We had 2/4 on farm and was progressing quickly as a newly re-formed guild over the last month and now we are struggling and still can't get gelidra down two weeks now... I have seen more casual guilds that had 4/4 TDQ also have trouble and not able to down the first boss in there..

We have now lost 5 frustrated members, that decided to quit rift, because of this and this is why I'm making this post. What is the consensus of the general raid population? Are others experiencing this?

IMO everyone needs to do their homework on new specs, new strats, and continue to bang it out, but unfortunately I've already seen 5 good raiders pretty much give up just because of this "hiccup"..
    <Infitialis> Raid Leader - Rogue - Carbondioxide@Deepwood - P90

#PVPJAZZHANDS

our raids dps took a slight dip when the patch first came out (we usually run 7 warriors) but then came back to normal once we all adjusted.

It sucks that your members left over this, if they had at least tried to adjust they would probably find that their dps went up overall.

Can I ask what your guilds progression is?

#PVPJAZZHANDS

Soulwalker

My guild had 2/4 on farm before the hotfix, and are now at 3/4 after it, we had to adjust slightly, but our dps is a little higher than before (don't know if this is the patch or players getting better) !

Gelidra and the first boss in TDQ are still as easy as before the Hotfix !

Rift Disciple

The hotfix changed a ton of classes --

Every dps had to relearn new spec / rotations, but once that legwork was done, we found that overall our dps was about the same.

Mages went up a bit, rogues lost their bugged ranged spec and lost a bit, warriors lost a small amount from the double dip as well, and clerics gained solidly. The real big hit was to the rogue ranged dps (bc of the bug), but if they get a good melee spec, they are parsing very very well.

If any of your raiders are still using any spec from pre-hotfix, its a nono.

(**In general**)
    Warriors should be running 61 para or 61 RB
    Rogues running NB variations or MM for utility/dps
    Mages Pyro/Harb or Warlock
    Clerics Inquis or Shaman

Make sure they've read the latest guides on the forums, there's a wealth of info around on the classes forums with macros and rotations and specs.
    Last edited by Loit; 02-17-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    GM Rift Vendetta -- WarriorTank
    4/4 Dragons Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

Sword of Telara

What others have said: the hotfix required players to adjust to the changes, but in the end your dps should be the same or higher than it was before.

We also experienced lower dps the first day of the hotfix, but when people adjusted there were no issues whatsoever.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Right now on live all the classes are the most balanced they've ever been. Before the changes rogues were definitely ahead in dps because of the bugged spec (and warriors too). Since the changes all the classes seem to be about even.

For single target dps rogues, warriors and mages seem to be almost even in dps and it's a toss up for who will end up on top. Shaman seem to be a little bit behind the other classes in ST dps, but their aoe dps is better then any other class in their ST spec. For ranged dps it's a similar situation where each class is fairly close but mages are a little bit ahead.

It took a while for the big class changes from 1.9 to reach a good spot and be relatively balanced, but the devs have gotten there and class balance is finally in a good spot.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Aye thanks for confirming my thoughts.. People need to browse the forums more and do their homework it sounds like. We were and still are slightly rogue heavy so we probably have more to make up then others. Either way ill keep practicing and hope to see new content soon..

#PVPJAZZHANDS

Telaran

I can only say from cleric perspective - I like what they did to inqusitor and " Do I crit with rebuke and not lose 2k dps" crap. Shaman is still okay even without double-dip.

In terms of healing - I ran only TODQ after fix and see mages and bards lost about half of their HPS which was noticable (actually as warden on last boss I had to do something more than pretending Im healing).
    I still wish they make warden into something that old senticar was that will put us on par with chloros again.

[QUOTE=In terms of healing - I ran only TODQ after fix and see mages and bards lost about half of their HPS which was noticable (actually as warden on last boss I had to do something more than pretending Im healing).
    I still wish they make warden into something that old senticar was that will put us on par with chloros again.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's our other issue, we are getting these random one shots on people
    and burning through our battle rez's... We don't have the constant overheal from our chloros anymore...

Meh it just progression all over again, we had stuff on farm but now have to change our whole make up..

#PVPJAZZHANDS

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide View Post
    Yea that's our other issue, we are getting these random one shots on people
    and burning through our battle rez's... We don't have the constant overheal from our chloros anymore...

Meh it just progression all over again, we had stuff on farm but now have to change our whole make up..
    Going backwards is pretty rough. If you were rogue heavy the update definitely hit you hard too.

I think you should be able to manage the encounter with your old raid composition, it's just less forgiving to mistakes. Every time people are slow on target switching, tanks are out of position, or healers lose focus during add phases there's a chance someone will drop very quickly. Rogue ST dps and chloro overhealing won't compensate for mistakes anymore.
    It's unfortunate that the bugged specs survived for so long so that something like this could happen though.

Prophet of Telara

I think it depends on how many bugged spec people you were using before.
    Havent seen that huge a difference here because most of our rogues refused to play the bugged ST spec for example so even on regulos the difference wasnt that big, and the loss from there came back in overall dps (well almost anyway) from the 1-2k shamys got in ST.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by voltariss View Post
    I can only say from cleric perspective - I like what they did to inqusitor and " Do I crit with rebuke and not lose 2k dps" crap. Shaman is still okay even without double-dip.

In terms of healing - I ran only TODQ after fix and see mages and bards lost about half of their HPS which was noticable (actually as warden on last boss I had to do something more than pretending Im healing).
    I still wish they make warden into something that old senticar was that will put us on par with chloros again.
    If your chloros are struggling they need to learn the class. As a chloro i have no issues healing the 10man if i time my cooldowns (corrosive spores/charge consumers/ruin). All the nerf did to chloros was reduce our overhealing and not changing our effective healing.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by voltariss View Post
    I would say Shaman is more than okay for ST (double dipping didn't affect this at all) on parse dummy like stuff (like Gangnum) Clerics are very competitive for the top spot. Stuff where there are disconnects (like Zaviel) we suffer pretty badly in Shaman though, with the Inquis mobility fix I am much more willing to run Inquis on that fight now. The only thing affected with Shaman is the AoE took a hit which really only affects Matriarch and with the increases to Tact it isn't as much of an issue to just go straight ST with only doing minor AoE on the big add.

In summary of the hotfix changes I would say I noticed our raid wide DPS went down pretty significantly the first Wednesday but this week it was substantially increased from pre-hotfix. People just need to get used to their new specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    If your chloros are struggling they need to learn the class. As a chloro i have no issues healing the 10man if i time my cooldowns (corrosive spores/charge consumers/ruin). All the nerf did to chloros was reduce our overhealing and not changing our effective healing.
    Our chloros arnt struggling..They are damn good at what they do. I do feel like we survived and got through content due to some of their extra heals from the "bug/double dip" though. And im not really talking about TDQ, im more referring to the 20 mans..

We actually are doing great on Typheria we allmost have enough dps to push her through the 1st phase before she casts even one storm blast..

#PVPJAZZHANDS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast