+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manslaughter - Golem Foundry

Soulwalker

Default Manslaughter - Golem Foundry

I was working through dungeon bonuses on my mage alt, when I got into my first Golem Foundry on this character. Needless to say it was a welcome change to the countless Unhallowed Boneforges and Storm Breaker Protocols.

The run started out well with absolutely no trouble on the initial trash pulls, tank is geared to a good level (full 52-58 tanking gear and a SL-level tanking sigil). In fact everything went completely smoothly up until the last boss. Even though a couple of our DPS were pulling below average numbers ( I would estimate 4k to be around average in a PUG) we had what I would consider a solid group.

Cue Manslaughter, I don't know if anything has changed recently to affect Manslaughters damage but the combination of Havoc Missile plus an auto-attack was hitting high enough to kill the tank from practically full health in less than a GCD (shown in video). In the process of getting my cleric to 60 a few weeks ago, I tanked through nearly all of the random dungeon queues and never encountered him hitting this hard (granted I had a fair amount of tanking gear from 50 cap filling in until I got SL tier gear).

This thread is by no means complaining about the recent fixing of bugged chloro heals as I actually enjoy it being challenging to solo-heal dungeons now. It's just that this seemed a little excessive and made the encounter far too reliant on RNG making sure the tank wasn't insta-gibbed.

For reference, here is my gear:

Here is the video of one of our failed attempts. Just as a sidenote, I do miss one of the cleanses (too busy freaking out over the tank healing ) and one of the dps dies to combination of that + assault cannon (not stacked) but that doesn't detract from the point of the thread.

(if the music isn't to your tastes just mute it, unlikely to please everyone and this song had a decent crescendo when the tank died )

I am fairly comfortable with the chloro playstyle and feel I made good choices on when to use each ability. One thing I did notice upon watching the video is, aside from the aforementioned cleanse, I wasn't using Entropic Veil anywhere near as much as I could have so I will look out for that in future.

Regards,
    Nerfvoidbolt@Deepwood <Dauntless>

Didn't watch video, but did was the tank using CDs for Havoc Missile and using a maximum mitigation spec? Because chances are they weren't and that's your problem.
    Nope.

Rift Chaser

If the tank kites the boss the moment it does Havoc Missile, the auto attack will not follow up immediately and the healer has time to heal up the tank. And it seems that Rotary Assault Cannon doesn't work when you stack close enough on melee?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    If the tank kites the boss the moment it does Havoc Missile, the auto attack will not follow up immediately and the healer has time to heal up the tank. And it seems that Rotary Assault Cannon doesn't work when you stack close enough on melee?
    Correct. The new strategy for Manslaughter is to have the tank pull him towards the back of the room, and everyone stacks behind him. With everyone stacked he will never use Rotary Assault Cannon, however you need more partywide healing because you're getting hit with the mines.
    Vaydron @ Threesprings

Leave the "thinking outside the box" part to the people who have raids on farm and are overgeared for content - RoughRaptors

Champion

As people said already, Manslaughter is done in the little room, tanked up the wall, with the others standing more or less inside of him, still enough so you can hit him. Noone moves from that spot during the whole fight, and you will have it done in minutes.
    Will require both aoe heal and tankheal, but still a lot less then if your doing it the other way, and especially if your doing this with a pug where the chance are huge that you get people who just run around like headless chickens. Manslaughter is by far the easiest boss in that dungeon if you use this tactic.
    Also this is used in the expert version, but the damage is higher and mainly on the group make sure to use your cd's wisely there.

Champion of Telara

i could be wrong.. because i havent done this dungeon in a good week or 2 (havent done many dungeons at all lately lol). anyhow... if you all stack behind manslaughter, u can have 1 or 2 people aoe at times and itll kill all the mines that spawn around him as well, so you take no raid damage at all.

seem to recall doing this as a 61 rb and they just melted, made it easy for healers to just focus on the tank.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Doesn't that mechanic come after a cast where it places a "target" on a player, interruptable. If you don't have it interrupted, it'll do more damage. Or it was supposed to cancel out the cast.

Tried using Natural Conversion on the missile?

Edit: cast called "Get Shot".
    Last edited by Rounded; 02-16-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    Correct. The new strategy for Manslaughter is to have the tank pull him towards the back of the room, and everyone stacks behind him. With everyone stacked he will never use Rotary Assault Cannon, however you need more partywide healing because you're getting hit with the mines.
    One thing I do to help with the mines is to drop some AOE into my rotation; it can usually clear up any mines within range of the group.

Just have everyone stack on his butt. Should be just fine.

Soulwalker

The raid damage was not the problem I was having, it is a joke to heal through on normal if everyone is stacked. The problem was the tank getting one-shotted using the stacking method.

Plane Walker

Havoc missile has a knock back mechanic which should stutter the skill and auto attack damage. Tanking it with the tanks back against the wall will make the gap between hits disappear; so it is a luxury to use that strat, but not mandatory. In pugs I tank him where he spawns and just prepare to run in a few steps after each havoc missile (he moves maybe 1 out of 10 times on the encounter and that movement is minimal).

The tank should be using a cd before havoc missile hits (which is pretty easy to see coming since the skill rotation is pretty similar each cycle). If he is over ~40k hp he should be able to eat the dmg without any cd's assuming he is topped off and gets a heal relatively quickly after the Havoc+auto dmg.
    Last edited by Haasome; 02-16-2013 at 12:15 PM.

I did not see Radiant Spores or Withering Vine being used during the encounter, that would help to smooth out the incoming damage a bit in addition to using Entropic Veil (which you mentioned).

No offence but your tank has 28K hp wich is increadibly low.

He also used deffensive posture (wich increases endurance by 10% > 28k with that is way to low) apart from that you should not invest points into warlord for tanking since wl only gives you passivly 0.5% armor and 0.75% endurance and the other tank souls gives you +1% armor and +1.5% endurance wich each point.

Only saw tempest buff, shield of the hero and Deffensive posture.

He should try the 58PL/18VK or 61VK/15 PL or anything smiliar, consult the warrior tanking thread for info, there are some really good guides on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    lol, you are the one I could see,
    ToTDQ:4/4 || FT: 4/4 || EE 5/5 || HM (3/4)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Celke View Post
    No offence but your tank has 28K hp wich is increadibly low.

He also used deffensive posture (wich increases endurance by 10% > 28k with that is way to low) apart from that you should not invest points into warlord for tanking since wl only gives you passivly 0.5% armor and 0.75% endurance and the other tank souls gives you +1% armor and +1.5% endurance wich each point.

Only saw tempest buff, shield of the hero and Deffensive posture.

He should try the 58PL/18VK or 61VK/15 PL or anything smiliar, consult the warrior tanking thread for info, there are some really good guides on it.
    Why would I take offence at that, it's actually a little relieving. I don't really know anything about warrior tank souls since SL was released so really the only information I have to go on is a cursory look at their gear and how high their HP is as well as the general feel of healing them through trash or earlier bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Makumbaska View Post
    Why would I take offence at that
    You'd be surprised what people take offense to on these forums. Anyway what he said is more true for level 60 -- 28k hp is not really that bad for that level. Using warlord in a tanking spec is not optimal however, and he definitely should not be using Tempest.

As for the interruptible ability Gel Shot, that is separate from havoc missile, it places AoEs on the ground that slow your casting speed significantly.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 02-16-2013 at 05:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast