+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Small change to General Grim duel - EotSQ

Prophet of Telara

Default Small change to General Grim duel - EotSQ

Please increase delay between the first Brutal Strike following Subjugation.

Several times now ive been breezing through the duel easy as pie and then die to the first Brutal Strike following a subjugation. You're spam clicking the reactive during Subjugation to heal yourself and then you lose your target. General Grim goes straight into a Brutal Strike with 0 delay, so the time it takes to reclick/retab to Grim and for the reactive to light up again the Brutal Strike then kills you.

Normally not a one shot, but you won't be full HP following a subjugation so it is a one shot. Not sure if this is anything to do with Icewatch lag compounding the issue?
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Have a rogue tank him, blinks through the bubble, boss follows outside can nuke him down

Clever use of game mechanics or not intended? not for me to judge

Shadowlander

Enable sticky target for this boss to avoid this
    Last edited by Antora; 02-15-2013 at 07:34 AM.

if you already know he casts it after subjegation just target him as soon as the subjegation ends. after you die to it once, you've already figured it out so no change is nessesary.

Better fix would be to make him not detarget after Subjugation.

Anyway to solve this the other day I just put him as my focus target and watched the castbars there.

You can also just tab target and get him back as target or make a /tar Grim macro.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    You can also just tab target and get him back as target or make a /tar Grim macro.
    The problem with that is you are hitting tab or your macro when you should already be using the temp ability.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    The problem with that is you are hitting tab or your macro when you should already be using the temp ability.
    It's about a 2 second cast time ability. Oceans of time
    Last edited by Valfador; 02-15-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Hotkey your temporary abilities so that you don't have to click them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Hotkey your temporary abilities so that you don't have to click them.
    This.

If people didn't work that out on Rusila that's almost forgivable.
    If people didn't work that out while levelling in SL that's getting concerning.
    If people still haven't worked that out I fear for humanity's future.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    This.

If people didn't work that out on Rusila that's almost forgivable.
    If people didn't work that out while levelling in SL that's getting concerning.
    If people still haven't worked that out I fear for humanity's future.
    I'm just concerned that they started using it for crucial raid mechanics and it still has a completely stupid delay while it meanders into your temp ability bar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I'm just concerned that they started using it for crucial raid mechanics and it still has a completely stupid delay while it meanders into your temp ability bar
    The delay is unnecessary. I understand it's designed to alert people to it's arrival, but I feel a sparkling flash or something would suffice.

You can usually use the actual ability before it fully appears when it's bound to a key.
    Nope.

Prophet of Telara

Firstly:

1) I know to anticipate it so 90% of the time I don't fail this, but with 3 level 60s and bad RNG like today i ended up doing Exodus 5 times across my chars today and failed once, but that once was enough to prompt me to make this post.

2) Regarding adding the ability to the hotbar. My macro box is full so I can't have a perma-macro for the ability to drag to my hotbar. Secondly if I were to just drag it from when it appears to my hotbar that time will mean I fail the first Brutal Strike.

3) Sticky targeting - would work but it would be frustrating having to enable/disable it everytime as I would not want sticky targeting 90% of the time.

4) Focus target - probably the best temporary fix, will use this from now on.

However my point wasn't how to avoid it, but that it shouldn't need to be avoided. I'm not baying for a nerf to an already easy encounter this I think of more of QoL especially for anyone with the slightest bit of lag. Hell even buff the damage on the encounter to compensate if you desire, just 1s more between finishing Subjugation and casting the following Brutal Strike would be great or switch it so his next attack, following Subjugation, is Rolling Thunder.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 02-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Firstly:

1) I know to anticipate it so 90% of the time I don't fail this, but with 3 level 60s and bad RNG like today i ended up doing Exodus 5 times across my chars today and failed once, but that once was enough to prompt me to make this post.

2) Regarding adding the ability to the hotbar. My macro box is full so I can't have a perma-macro for the ability to drag to my hotbar. Secondly if I were to just drag it from when it appears to my hotbar that time will mean I fail the first Brutal Strike.

3) Sticky targeting - would work but it would be frustrating having to enable/disable it everytime as I would not want sticky targeting 90% of the time.

4) Focus target - probably the best temporary fix, will use this from now on.

However my point wasn't how to avoid it, but that it shouldn't need to be avoided. I'm not baying for a nerf to an already easy encounter this I think of more of QoL especially for anyone with the slightest bit of lag. Hell even buff the damage on the encounter to compensate if you desire, just 1s more between finishing Subjugation and casting the following Brutal Strike would be great or switch it so his next attack, following Subjugation, is Rolling Thunder.
    You can keybind temp abilities through the keybind settings (I have them bound to shift+1-6)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Sword of Telara

Oh, this is priceless, Tricklee asking for a nerf.

You will never hear the end of this.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast