+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon runs ruined

Rift Master

Default Dungeon runs ruined

Is anybody else bothered by being in a low level dungeon and a level 50+ player mentored his way into the dungeon and stops mentoring so he can tear through the dungeon extremely fast. Even worse when its 3 high level players that did that and all you end up doing is chasing them around the entire dungeon without ever getting to attack any thing.

I plan on doing dungeon runs with my girlfriend once she finnaly gets to level 15 and the last thing I want is her 1st experience in the dungeon is to be rushed out of it.

Am I crazy to think that there should be NO WAY to end up in a dungeon with a level 50+ character through the use of the LFG tool........I mean if they want to actually do the dungeon properly at the appropate level through mentoring then fine im ok with that.

Mentoring is optional for the player queuing. They don't have to mentor down to get into normal dungeons.

In the end, it's perfectly fine by the game rules to get a level 60 in a level 15 dungeon.

Rift Master

Using the LFG tool being a level 60 i can get into a level 15 dungeon and race through it a fast as humanly possible......that seems wrong some how.

YES a level 60 can go do ANY dungeon they want at any time but when i use the LFG tool i KINDA expect to get into a group of players around the dungeon level even if it is a level 60 mentored down to level 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    Using the LFG tool being a level 60 i can get into a level 15 dungeon and race through it a fast as humanly possible......that seems wrong some how.

YES a level 60 can go do ANY dungeon they want at any time but when i use the LFG tool i KINDA expect to get into a group of players around the dungeon level even if it is a level 60 mentored down to level 15.
    I wasn't discussing the ethics behind it, but rather the ability.

It's up to the level 60 to tick the box "queue as mentor" or not, not the game. Personally I don't think this is the game's "fault". Players at 60 should be able to get through the low level dungeons if they are really bored enough to do that.

In the end it is the player's fault if they completely rushed you through it. If you had asked them to slow down so you could explain some things, and they ignored, I would be offended like you are. However, I would have also used the vote kick option as soon as possible.

Champion

Well unless you are a tank with your own healer, then removing the mentor or people being able to join a dungeon under their level will make your queue time sometime up to many many hours sometimes your not even getting one in a day. Thats how it was before they made mentorship so this should be something you should not aim for.

I can understand how you think, and the only solution for you is for you and her to bring tank and heal to the table, then you pretty much can decide how you want it done. If you don't then you have to go with what you get.

Rift Disciple

I don't think you can remove mentoring once it's applied in an LFG setting. They can queue specific without mentoring, however.

I agree with your pain, I think that if you queue specific you should be automentored down to the appropriate level. After all, a level 60 can solo almost any 50 Expert, let alone the normals.

Rift Master

Strange, from running normals pre-SL I remember that when queueing without mentoring I would get either of the 3 max level ones, Charmer's Caldera, Abyssal Precipice or Caduceus Rise.
    I seem to remember a fix where they changed it so you couldn't just get into any of the lower ones not level-appropriate. Did they reroll this or is it a bug?

hrm
    somethins not right, this should not be happening
    who took my names!

Mentoring is broken anyway.

4 of us were mentored down to 23, got a regular 25 for DD, and tore through it, while mentored. Wolfboy never enraged, Tenegar was pathetic, and the Trio were obliterated.
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Taaltos View Post
    Mentoring is broken anyway.

4 of us were mentored down to 23, got a regular 25 for DD, and tore through it, while mentored. Wolfboy never enraged, Tenegar was pathetic, and the Trio were obliterated.
    Don't forget, when you mentor down, you keep all your skills. Assuming you were level 60, you can use rotations that you couldn't do when you were level 23, so you'll have a lot better dps.

Champion of Telara

The old dungeons hold no challenge to a 60 with or without mentoring. I can solo most of the level 50 experts in a full riftstalker spec, thats how easy they are. I think the only one i couldnt solo was the one witrh Tenegar because once you are cocooned its game over.

The best thing Trion could do is add a checkbox to allow grouping with mentored/high levels or not. Just be prepared for long queue times if you turn it on.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    The old dungeons hold no challenge to a 60 with or without mentoring. I can solo most of the level 50 experts in a full riftstalker spec, thats how easy they are. I think the only one i couldnt solo was the one witrh Tenegar because once you are cocooned its game over.
    What has the World Nr.1 Guild to do with that?

Rift Master

Well again as I said if the level 60 is actually mentored down to the appropate level that is fine the dungeon may be a little easier but thats not what im finding.

Its being under the impression im gonna be in a group the appropate level (whether mentored or not) and seeing ACTUAL level 50+ people IN my group UNMENTORED.

So its seems there is a BUG somewhere allowing them to UNMENTOR in the dungeon to stroll through it and get the gear out of it while the rest of the low level players are pretty much stuck chasing them around the dungeon till its over.

That is not the experience I want for my gf playing in these dungeons. I understand there are NUMEROUS problems but this is kinda serious how is she supposed to learn to play in a group setting like this if we simply cant get the group lol.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Epicbard View Post
    What has the World Nr.1 Guild to do with that?
    whut??

<more>

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    Is anybody else bothered by being in a low level dungeon and a level 50+ player mentored his way into the dungeon and stops mentoring so he can tear through the dungeon extremely fast. Even worse when its 3 high level players that did that and all you end up doing is chasing them around the entire dungeon without ever getting to attack any thing.
    I don't mind the tour until they bark at my lower level for hitting nothing when they down each in one shot.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

+ Reply to Thread