+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leif

Thread: Drowned Halls Solo

Default Drowned Halls Solo

Anyone been able to kill Hydriss solo yet? I cleared the rest without issue... but can't find a way around all the Polymorphing. Anyone figure something out?
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

was easy with the broken VK spec but since that fix havn't been able to do her hehe
    FLUTTERBAT IS AWESOME http://tinyurl.com/m62aap9 THIS FANDOM IS CATCHY! < awesome pmv of 2013 http://tinyurl.com/ko5rb9k < another awesome Catch up on the fandom! http://tinyurl.com/bukqn5j <fanmade Trailer!
    Warrior~Gorem 60-7x, Coriolis #1 Oceanic Guild! World 6th Na 3rd VOLAN AND INRA! Oceanic Firsts everything! Also I'm a Christian/South Afrikan Zulu Warrior/Brony - deal with it

Champion

did you try with bm pet? i ran across the same problem but cant be bothered to go back in and try :P

Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    did you try with bm pet? i ran across the same problem but cant be bothered to go back in and try :P
    I thought about that, but he can't a) get me out of poly... or b) do enough DPS

The main issue comes from not having quite enough time to swap specs between AOE and Boss. Either way, I'm still going to be chain poly'd. I can't see the pet doing enough DPS to make it work, but I'll try to figure something out. If I recall correctly... She poly's two at a time... so the pet would have to not be affected for it to even work :/

How yould you even solo this with Broken VK? You're still going to be poly'd most of the time she's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    I thought about that, but he can't a) get me out of poly... or b) do enough DPS

The main issue comes from not having quite enough time to swap specs between AOE and Boss. Either way, I'm still going to be chain poly'd. I can't see the pet doing enough DPS to make it work, but I'll try to figure something out. If I recall correctly... She poly's two at a time... so the pet would have to not be affected for it to even work :/

How yould you even solo this with Broken VK? You're still going to be poly'd most of the time she's up.
    There's almost nothing correct in this post.

-The initial adds can be aoe'ed down fast as hell if you know how to LoS, for a switch to a bm sub spec pre Hydriss.
    -You can subspec 0 BM for a terrible pet that eats poly (she casts it on one target, and never her target if there's more than one target) but it will die every air phase from geysers. Deeper BM lets the pet survive air phases, but causes a large DPS drop.
    Last edited by Leif; 02-14-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post

-The initial adds can be aoe'ed down fast as hell if you know how to LoS, for a switch to a bm sub spec pre Hydriss.
    -You can subspec 0 BM for a terrible pet that eats poly (she casts it on one target, and never her target if there's more than one target) but it will die every air phase from geysers. Deeper BM lets the pet survive air phases, but causes a large DPS drop.
    this, i would recommend an 0 bm off spec as going more is a dps loss. Imo a warlord would be perfect for the fight =)

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post

How does knowing how to LoS help burn them down faster? I just ran in and grabbed them all using 61 VK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    How does knowing how to LoS help burn them down faster? I just ran in and grabbed them all using 61 VK.
    Because 61 VK is a ****ty spec to burn them down with? It's no wonder you don't have time to switch specs.

LoS behind the tree stump in a champ aoe build is just faster.
    Last edited by Leif; 02-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

+ Reply to Thread