+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [SL: Raid Tier 1] Chest Stat Itemization

Default [SL: Raid Tier 1] Chest Stat Itemization

To Josh York or whom it may concern,

I mentioned this briefly in the Mage Suggestion thread a while back, but would seem more suitable here I'm sure.
    This is in regards to the Chest pieces currently available for all classes in Tier 1 Raid for Storm Legion and their Stat Itemization.

Each class currently has 3 Chest piece options to choose from, consisting of 2 drops; 1 in FT and 1 in EE (correct this if wrong), and the 1 Raid Vendor for 175 Frozen Eclipse Stones.

CLERIC
    ----------
    SP - Desolate Hauberk
    CP - Sinister Hauberk
    SC - Chestguard of Sparking Currents

ROGUE
    ----------
    AP - Desolate Tunic
    CP - Vestment of Potential Energy
    PC - Howling Demise Chestwrap

WARRIOR
    -------------
    PC - Desolate Breastplate
    AP - Chestplate of Ionic Rage
    PC - Hellforged Ebonplate Chestguard

MAGE
    --------
    SC - Desolate Robe
    SP - Robe of Ionic Surging
    SC - Robe of the Stygian Scourge

Looking at this, both Clerics and Rogues have each current stat weight available (A/SP, CP, Crit Hit) as an option. Whereas, both Mages and Warriors only have the 2 options (A/SP & Crit Hit).

I'm aware its possible that it is intended for there to be 2 Physical Crit and 2 Spell Crit chests for Warriors and Mages respectively. But it would seem more suitable that there be a chest for each class with CP (whether it be a drop or a vendor one). As well as it being balanced between all 4 classes (in-line with Rogues/Clerics with all 3 options) it is also a much desired stat on a piece of Raid Gear.

Please could I get some reassurance or response from either Josh York or another member of Trion with information regarding this.

Kind Regards.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

I would love to add Rend the Heavens to Defendor's List.

The reason being that currently, it doesnt proc of veils, so only few skills do proc it. In other words, its the worst Relic a mage can get currently. The other relics provide around 70 more SP and have a dps proc that actually works (Captured Hurricane + Wand yield around 300 dps).

Is there a way to either modify Rend the Heavens to have higher SP? or remove the 150 SC on it and add Crit Power? I know there is a cleric hammer with Crit power on it, why not for mages too?

My guildie has the relic mage sword off Regulos paired with an epic totem and that yields him more Spell Power than my 2 hand relic.. Something doesnt seem right with that picture!
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post

The reason being that currently, it doesnt proc of veils, so only few skills do proc it. In other words, its the worst Relic a mage can get currently. The other relics provide around 70 more SP and have a dps proc that actually works (Captured Hurricane + Wand yield around 300 dps).

Is there a way to either modify Rend the Heavens to have higher SP? or remove the 150 SC on it and add Crit Power? I know there is a cleric hammer with Crit power on it, why not for mages too?

My guildie has the relic mage sword off Regulos paired with an epic totem and that yields him more Spell Power than my 2 hand relic.. Something doesnt seem right with that picture!
    Hammer of Three Fates

Intelligence +133
    Wisdom +170
    Endurance +125
    Spell Power +1638
    Crit Power +105
    Hit +130

N.B. The Pre-Relic epic version also has 110 Crit Power on it.

As far as I know there is currently no Mage weapon with any Crit Power at Raid Level (minus the crafted totem with a CP aug), which is somewhat a shame as it is a strongly desired stat for most Mage raiders (especially anyone running 8 Pyro builds).

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post

It's in my contract that when weapon itemisation enters the conversation I have to whine about the fact that the staff which drops off of the Air dragon (and has an air damage proc with an air damage name and is called "Hurricane") has a fleshy Grugonim egg on it.

Aight I'm good. I agree with the OP of course. Chest pieces are a pretty lame place to put spell crit. Couldn't you put it on the boots or shoulders or something?

I know the topic is about chest itemization but why the hell dropped dagger from goloch is getting downgrade on stats when upgrading it to relic.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTitled View Post
    Please could I get some reassurance or response from either Josh York or another member of Trion with information regarding this.

Kind Regards.

pls let me know if they do that

wtb a dev reply to here!!!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTitled View Post
    Hammer of Three Fates

Intelligence +133
    Wisdom +170
    Endurance +125
    Spell Power +1638
    Crit Power +105
    Hit +130

N.B. The Pre-Relic epic version also has 110 Crit Power on it.
    Yes, please give my 5 CP back :P

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I know the topic is about chest itemization but why the hell dropped dagger from goloch is getting downgrade on stats when upgrading it to relic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Yes, please give my 5 CP back :P
    Resolved with today's client update.

Now if we could just get some information on the Mage pieces in question.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It's in my contract that when weapon itemisation enters the conversation I have to whine about the fact that the staff which drops off of the Air dragon (and has an air damage proc with an air damage name and is called "Hurricane") has a fleshy Grugonim egg on it.

Aight I'm good. I agree with the OP of course. Chest pieces are a pretty lame place to put spell crit. Couldn't you put it on the boots or shoulders or something?
    I agree, but on the other hand I got it and I like it so much I dont really want it changed to "air-like look" And indeed - we really could use at least 1 weapon and/or chest with CP in 20mans as a drop. It would be on par with other classes, and would make alot of cp hoaders happy!
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-14-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    I agree, but on the other hand I got it and I like it so much I dont really want it changed to "air-like look" And indeed - we really could use at least 1 weapon and/or chest with CP in 20mans as a drop. It would be on par with other classes, and would make alot of cp hoaders happy!
    Are you sure you don't want it to fit with this set of wondrous weapons? :

Also, bump. Would love an update from any Trion member, even if its just a formal response as to waiting until Kerviks return from his break.

Regards

Suggestion:

Make a comparison of all the BiS pieces of each class against each other, to identify just how biased the itemization is towards Clerics, especially how their relic token gear is all flat out BiS as compared to other classes.

wtb non-crit relic gloves
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 02-19-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Yeah warrior itemization pretty screwed up at the moment but I suppose the bigger issue is physical crit scaling. It is annoying though that most of our relic armor pieces are less of an upgrade than epic drops from raid bosses and we have items that are basically identical with a couple stats here and there that are slight different but still physical crit focused. It would be nice to get some kind of answer about this.
    Last edited by Sir Thrace; 02-19-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: sp
    XAVEN - Warrior - Deepwood
    Virus
    (4/4) TDQ - (4/4) FT - (5/5) EE

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Suggestion:

Make a comparison of all the BiS pieces of each class against each other, to identify just how biased the itemization is towards Clerics, especially how their relic token gear is all flat out BiS as compared to other classes.

wtb non-crit relic gloves
    You can't compare apples with oranges and whilst some BiS lists continue to incorrectly factor Crit Power this "illusion" will persist.

Having said that, there should be an equal number of Crit Power, Crit Rating and Spell/Attack Power pieces across the class tier sets for both epic and relic. I haven't checked if there isn't, but if there isn't then this clearly needs to be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Having said that, there should be an equal number of Crit Power, Crit Rating and Spell/Attack Power pieces across the class tier sets for both epic and relic. I haven't checked if there isn't, but if there isn't then this clearly needs to be rectified.
    That is the intention of this thread. From all the discovered drops thus far, the information I have shows that there is not an equal/balanced list of gear (for the items in question).

Still eagerly awaiting a response, but I understand with 2.2 coming the staff have their work cut out.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Thrace View Post
    Yeah warrior itemization pretty screwed up at the moment but I suppose the bigger issue is physical crit scaling. It is annoying though that most of our relic armor pieces are less of an upgrade than epic drops from raid bosses and we have items that are basically identical with a couple stats here and there that are slight different but still physical crit focused. It would be nice to get some kind of answer about this.
    What's wrong with crit scaling? Seems to be working fine for me...
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast