Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hard Mode - Chocolate Raids

Default Hard Mode - Chocolate Raids

Can we get THIS instead?
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

Rift Chaser

Why do you want that? It would mean a complete overhaul of old raids. New mechanics, new stats on the bosses.

What will it be? T1 all of it? It will drop same stuff as we get from FT and EE? People will be raiding 7 days a week to complete everything if the old raids will be turned into hard modes.

Just let them be as is, let Trion focus on the new stuff.

Can't think of a worse idea. I did progression on those instances years ago. Rehashing old content is not a good thing.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Redoing old content does not = new content.

Yes. By all means, let's buff old content instead of making new content stable and entertaining.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Meh, some of us ENJOY playing the content.

I thought they were fun.

--Taaltos--

I love most of the content I've played, but we dont need to pull a Blizzard and recycle a crap ton of content over and over.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Quote Originally Posted by Taaltos View Post

I thought they were fun.
    yeah you could always mentor down and replay them for a challenge
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Taaltos View Post

I thought they were fun.
    We did enjoy the content. But I've already run GSB/RoS/GP/DH/HK twice a week for over a year. I think I've experienced them plenty.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

Taaltos it seems to me like you dont relize or even remotly respect the time and effort it takes to even make 1 boss much less a huge amount of content. I might be wrong and if i am i am sorry but i am almost posative you never seen codeing in your life that you have done or know how to do. yes there are some who have gotten through the content currently(pve) but theres noone who can realistically say the content at this point is complete when there is about 1% who have done it all.

I mean none of this as disrepect but i just have seen a few post annoyed with the content and stuff coming out right now and i hate seeing people not respecting how hard the people work to make the content exspecailly when TRION puts content out faster then EVERYONE ELSE.

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    Taaltos it seems to me like you dont relize or even remotly respect the time and effort it takes to even make 1 boss much less a huge amount of content. I might be wrong and if i am i am sorry but i am almost posative you never seen codeing in your life that you have done or know how to do. yes there are some who have gotten through the content currently(pve) but theres noone who can realistically say the content at this point is complete when there is about 1% who have done it all.

I mean none of this as disrepect but i just have seen a few post annoyed with the content and stuff coming out right now and i hate seeing people not respecting how hard the people work to make the content exspecailly when TRION puts content out faster then EVERYONE ELSE.
    I've dabbled in amateur coding back in the days of MUD's and it's a *****!

I was just stating that a Hard Mode DH's or GSB would be great. I love both of those Raids.

No sense in putting amazing raids out to the pasture.

--Taaltos--

GSB did have a hardmode, back in March 2011. By your forum registration date I can see you've been playing since then so you should be able to remember how difficult it was as a fresh 50.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

While i think it's would be quite interessting that they take the time to make old expert at SL level i do not think it would be as a good idea to do the same with raid.
    I agree with other people to say that it's much better if they create new one.
    In my opinion expert are very different from raid in the regard of how good it would be to rework them.

I think that raid are linked with the idea of team/guild work. It something you are working on with your guild during weeks/months in order to beat them. Once it's done you wil have them on farm and will be looking forward for what is coming next. I you then you would been told "Hey guys the raid you have done for weeks we have changed the loot and add 1/2 mechanics go do it again" wouldn't you be a little bit upset / unhappy ?

Whereas for expert it's something we are all used to do on a daily basis so putting the old one in will just add more variety to the random queue which, in my opinion, is always welcome.

However i do agree that it would be nice to see some raid back but maybe in the for of chonicle for 1/2 people. Once gear enable people to have enought dps to do so why not ? They would just need to disable mechanic such as tank swap.
    Or they could introduce old raid as expert.

Their is a lot of possibility buty i don't think that putting new raid at the new level would be the best. However based on what they said before i think it's quite possible that they are working on old raid but with and adjusted amount of player

Unequip your gear and mentor down to level 50 and invite people who have never done any raids in Rift before. Also, you can't use Mumble/Vent/Team Speak.

Grats, there's your hardmodes.

I was actually thinking just yesterday that they could take some of the old Expert bosses and make Raid versions of them. Lorewise it'd probably make no sense, but they could be great encounters.

Appropriately tuned and with some slightly altered or additional mechanics fights like Gatekeeper Kaleida, Shadebound Phantasm (from KB, forget exact name) and Scarn could be legit Raid encounters.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast