+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nerf Tegenar Deepfang!

Soulwalker

Default Nerf Tegenar Deepfang!

For a levelling dungeon, Darkening Deeps is more than a bit too hard due to this boss.I love challenging and difficult content, I really do! But people just aren't ready for hell at this low a level.

I haven't done him specifically since Storm Legion, but a few of the bosses in leveling dungeons seem to have really wonky tuning nowadays.

For instance, the last boss of normal mode King's Breach (Shadebound Phantasm, I think?) does absolutely absurd raid damage. I was healing it on my mage maybe a month ago, and his AoE (Death Storm?) took two people from full health to zero in less than a second.

All dps has to stop fighting the boss and free the cocooned person...

Only the tank should be on the boss when someone is cocooned.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Soulwalker

Rather than the cocoons, its the adds that need toning down in my opinion. They overwhelm most groups i've been in.

Rift Disciple

Tank the boss near a door with your back to the room. Everyone else stack on his butt with their backs to the door... This helps with tank Agro since the adds have to run through the tank to get to the healer.

If people are not dpsing the cocoons and not stacking on the bosses butt, this would be an impossible fight.

Quote Originally Posted by XKraid View Post
    Rather than the cocoons, its the adds that need toning down in my opinion. They overwhelm most groups i've been in.
    I think the main issue is that most souls don't really have their AoE abilities at such low levels. There are builds that can handle them, but new players may not have enough roles to carry something around for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Horrible execution tbh, positioning should be everyone stacking behind boss, aoe adds instantly also cleaves the cocooned people.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    Horrible execution tbh, positioning should be everyone stacking behind boss, aoe adds instantly also cleaves the cocooned people.
    There's not a lot of videos of low levels doing it. Almost all are expert.

Despite the video not being perfect, it works.

Leveling my last toon I didn't have a problem with this boss.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by XKraid View Post
    For a levelling dungeon, Darkening Deeps is more than a bit too hard due to this boss.I love challenging and difficult content, I really do! But people just aren't ready for hell at this low a level.
    Not citing you as a specific example..but this is what happens when leveling is made as fast as Trion has made 1-50. People don't know how to play, they hit a boss that isn't a faceroll, and get trucked. It's not the new players' fault..it's either the veteran community's or Trion's for listening to them/us.

Faster leveling may mean more people get to 51 faster..but now they're clueless, so yay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jebasiz View Post
    Not citing you as a specific example..but this is what happens when leveling is made as fast as Trion has made 1-50. People don't know how to play, they hit a boss that isn't a faceroll, and get trucked. It's not the new players' fault..it's either the veteran community's or Trion's for listening to them/us.

Faster leveling may mean more people get to 51 faster..but now they're clueless, so yay?
    Leveling slower doesn't make people better players, because the game does not teach you how to play. Simply throwing you in against a harder boss does not give you an intuitive understanding of your rotation or which talents are optimal (in large part because the game doesn't tell you how much DPS you're doing, or how much more you could do if you changed things up).

This is why 95% of the people you see in any PUG will be doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-09-2013 at 01:24 PM.

This is just a by product of death being a pointless mechanic , theres no punishment for dying. The game needs a curve and no I dont think all people should be allowed to reach end game. The truth is if you die alot and you lost exp or had exp debt , that will force you to learn mechanics , game abilitys and diffrent specs so you do not die as much.

I almost never advocate nerfing content, but I actually agree with the OP. The tuning is definitely way off with some of the lower level dungeons now.

Fights that come to mind are the spider that the OP mentioned, the shade at the end of king's breach, and the hag and marksman bosses in foul cascade. All of them are much different, damage wise, from how they were when I leveled my main and first few alts.

In the case of Tenegar, the tank almost always dies when the add spawns. It's not an issue of breaking people out of the cocoon. I would say that roughly 80% of my runs through that dungeon have been ones that I joined after people dropped out of the party at the spider.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 02-09-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Nerf Tenegar? Are you insane! I've rarely been in a group that has failed this fight, and if we have, it was due to improper tank placement. This is a great fight.

Nerf the boss.

*shakes head walking away mumbling something about people needing to learn mechanics of fights....*
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast