Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Killing Matriarch post class changes..

Rift Disciple

Default Killing Matriarch post class changes..

If you killed Matriarch on Wed with the chloro bug still in place, this isn't the post you're looking for.

With that said, is/are any other guild(s) having some severe issues downing her now with the "balance" changes in place.

Our dps is lower and healing is worse -- making a tight and challenging fight into a nightmare. We've killed her for a couple weeks now, and its always been a good battle, but now we have to add a healer to compensate for the chloro nerf/fix -- and the dps changes aren't enough to compensate for adding a healer. Added as well that our Rogue Tacticians are reporting that they aren't able to do as much damage to Matriarch as before. Is this just a case of a bad night of raiding or are other guilds having issues as well? (If your guild is 4/4 and 5/5 rocking relics left and right, your gear probably offsets this issue.)

Maybe its time for a new strat? Not sure, anyways, hoping for some helpful insight or at least shared suffering, I'll feel a bit better if we're not the only guild experiencing this.
    Last edited by Loit; 02-08-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    GM Rift Vendetta -- WarriorTank
    4/4 Dragons Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

While my guild did down her before the healing nerf this week, I do anticipate the fight being significantly harder if no other class balance tweaks go in before the reset.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Rift Master

Zero changes to tact damage, I myself am pulling the same numbers.

We got our first kill on Tuesday after many ~10% Enrages.
    We did have trouble Thursday night, a lot more deaths to AoE since it was taking longer to top people off after Chloro was fixed. Our DPS was unchanged since we weren't abusing Spike Ranger, Shaman and other broken specs before the hotfix.

We think we encountered a bug where people were getting hit for 31k by Necrotic Spores. It was pretty funny to see one of the Tacticians get targeted by it and instantly the entire stack of 5 TacMans was 1 shot simultaneously. Not sure what's going on since it only happened twice.

After raid we worked out the strat we were using was sub-optimal and are confident we should easily kill her when we go back on Monday.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-08-2013 at 04:53 AM.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

No shaman or rng/sab crazy specs were used on previous kills... only real change was adding a healer to compensate for the chloro nerf -- but again, it was a tight fight previously and dropping a ~15k dps player makes a massive difference over a 7 minute fight.
    4/4 Dragons Bound
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

How many were you running with before?
    We only ever used 4 and I've seen videos of first kills with 3 healers.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-08-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    Nope.

Couple of week should increase dps and gear by so much, instead of using HP banners you might even be able to go for crit power, instead of stacking endurance you are now dps going.

Turn both around and you might be able to do with the same amount of healers at your kill, or you can drop a dps, this boss isn't that much of a dpscheck if you killed more and more

Afaik dps of raids should increase loads every week after a kill...... nerfs after multiple weeks shouldn't influence this, seems to me you need to step up your game.
    Last edited by Highland; 02-08-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Rift Disciple

Previous weeks we ran 1 raid chloro, 1 puri, 1 defile, 1 tank chloro, 1 bard.

We added a warden to help sub 50% damage.. then swapped it to a 2nd raid chloro and had the cleric dps. People weren't dying, but our dps was now too low and hitting enrage.
    4/4 Dragons Bound

You're using a tank healer? Wow.
    I would suggest 3x Chloro is probably not optimal. We've been using 2x AoE Chloro, Defiler and either 2x Warden or 1x Warden and 1 Puri

As for needing to add another healer, well that's a symptom of Chloromancer no longer being crazy OP. I actually had to think about timing my abilities for the first time all expansion last night, previously I could just spam whatever I wanted and no-one would even come close to dying. So glad they fixed it.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-08-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Nope.

Plane Walker

We have been running with 1 tank healer chloro(semi aoe),1 aoe healer chloro, 1 puri and 1 bard before changes.

Basically for this setup it means you have to add extra warden or two to compensate aoe healing loss.

However I doubt that will bring problems for us since we are miles ahead of enrage timer anyway.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Rift Chaser

People hitting enrage are probably not handling Adds well enough or properly.

First thing you should check on an Enrage-caused wipe is her IncHPS. Either your stunners are failing or AOEers too slow at killing adds, or if you get a lot of consumings than you missed interrupts or people are standing in bad. I see in a lot of streams people running and standing in spores as soon as they disappear. Even though there is no graphic, standing where a spore WAS for up to 6 seconds after it has disappeared will give her energy.

Contorling her IncHPS is just as important if not more important than your raid's DPS.
    Last edited by Hadezz; 02-08-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hadezz View Post
    People hitting enrage are probably not handling Adds well enough or properly.

First thing you should check on an Enrage-caused wipe is her IncHPS. Either your stunners are failing or AOEers too slow at killing adds, or if you get a lot of consumings than you missed interrupts or people are standing in bad. I see in a lot of streams people running and standing in spores as soon as they disappear. Even though there is no graphic, standing where a spore WAS for up to 6 seconds after it has disappeared will give her energy.

Contorling her IncHPS is just as important if not more important than your raid's DPS.
    Well yeah, You can blame the players for being bads in that situation, incapable of reading their own inc dmg, but whats even more fail is this yet another one in trions long list of "we cannot create proper aoe effects" Be that making aoes look their true size or making the particles last as long as the damage or making rectangles that point @their true direction

We killed her last night and yes the fight is more of a challenge. We did not change our comp from previous weeks.

I also went with my usual 40 Bard 36 Tact and though my healing has been cut in half (approx) I still put out about 8.5k HPS sustained over the fights. Only the Chloro was ahead of me.

Missed interrupts of Wave are much less forgiving than previously when Mage/Rogue healing was double-dipping.

Matriarch is still very much a personal responsibility fight (even more so than Crucia now) and we took more pulls to kill Matriarch than Crucia.

Rift Disciple

If she obtain more than 2times 100energy you are doing it wrong.

Do you stunlock the adds with harbinger? (stunlock =~95% stun time)
    Do you spread for black rod?
    Do you stay out of spore?
    Do you kick almost 100% of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Missed interrupts of Wave are much less forgiving than previously when Mage/Rogue healing was double-dipping.

Matriarch is still very much a personal responsibility fight (even more so than Crucia now) and we took more pulls to kill Matriarch than Crucia.
    ^Definitely true. A lot of Trinity was hopping around watching streams last night and for those of us that saw Matriarch streams.... it was 2 things primarily causing guilds issues. With the class changes.. missed interrupts were much less forgiving as Zazen stated. Also many seemed to be using slightly unbalanced raid comps between your AoE and ST DPS.

And as Zazen stated as well... personal responsibility on that fight is even higher then before. Crucia is a cake walk compared to Matriarch.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast