+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Twins - Wisp issue? Bug or missed mechanic

Rift Chaser

Default Twins - Wisp issue? Bug or missed mechanic

My guild usually downs the Twins with no issue, but every once in a while we encounter what I believe to be a bug with the wisp. Generally, we have 3 people assigned to interrupt the wisp each spawn. I know only 2 are required, but we assigned 3 in case someone is dead or derps.

So the issue is last week, 3 of us ran into the middle, targeted the wisp, used the ability, the ability finished channeling, yet the wisp still blew us up. I know my channel finished and the other 2 people with me claimed theirs did too (I saw the beam hitting the wisp from each player). All 3 of us are generally very reliable players mechanics-wise. The same thing happened again last night. 3 other players went in to interrupt the wisp and all 3 claimed they got off the full channel and yet it still blew us up.

Do any other guilds run into this? Is it a bug or am I missing some hidden mechanic with the wisp? We've only had it happen twice now, but it's mildly annoying. Generally we have the people run over to the wisp area (yellow circle on the ground) a little before the wisp spawns just so they're ready (and because the DPS check is a joke anyway). Are they going over too soon and causing an issue? Generally we have a bard, archon and warden standing in the middle the entire fight and they grab the first wisp. It hasn't bugged on them, so I tend not to think that being there early causes this.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

I may be wrong, but it was explained to me that it had to be different people each time the wisp spawned. I have never completed it as I was pugging that night and it was their last attempt on progression before calling it a day.
    Beware the Penguin...

You need three sets of two people (at least at lower DPS, you may be able to squeak by with two sets at higher DPS) to do the wisp. I believe having three can mess it up

They both need to run to the middle and use the reactive, and they cannot move until the wisp goes away If they run out early, it will break the little "beam" between their character and the wisp and it will not make the wisp disappear. Basically at the end both characters are standing there with the beam going to the wisp at the same time, and it disappears.

After a player does that, they get a 1-2 minute debuff. They cannot use the reactive again until the debuff goes away.

We assign 6 people to do it. Team 1, 2, and 3.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 02-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.

lol thing blew up for us twice. i know i hit the channel. o wells

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    You need three sets of two people (at least at lower DPS, you may be able to squeak by with two sets at higher DPS) to do the wisp. I believe having three can mess it up

They both need to run to the middle and use the reactive, and they cannot move until the wisp goes away If they run out early, it will break the little "beam" between their character and the wisp and it will not make the wisp disappear. Basically at the end both characters are standing there with the beam going to the wisp at the same time, and it disappears.

After a player does that, they get a 1-2 minute debuff. They cannot use the reactive again until the debuff goes away.

We assign 6 people to do it. Team 1, 2, and 3.
    It is a one minute debuff, so you can do it 2x with the first group if you get 3 wisps. We generally have the archon and bard perform the first channel and the third if we get one, the second is taken by 2 dps. We also generally have a backup person who is ready to use the reactive if one of the two goes down. A second part of the reactive is that it is only active for a short time after the wisp spawns. It becomes active as soon as someone steps into the circle and will disappear. If you are channeling while the reactive goes away it will interrupt the channel and you will wipe so people need to be aware of when they stepping into the circle.

Rift Disciple

Fairly certain it bugs out randomly if you're using more than 2 people per wave. We encountered this more than once last night (to many peoples frustration), and it seemed like anytime more than 1 person lined up at the same time neither channel would work.

Just one more bug in the long, long list of Storm-Legion related bugs. Fortunately, it doesn't happen every time and is more of an inconvenience than it is a progression halter.
    Swishers - Cleric - 4/4 FT, 3/5 EE, 4/4 DQ

They definitely should have made this mechanic something other than temporary abilities, it is far too unreliable (not to mention the time it takes for the temp abilities to pop up) for a raid wipe mechanic.

This happens to us as well.
    what is this I don't even

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    They definitely should have made this mechanic something other than temporary abilities, it is far too unreliable (not to mention the time it takes for the temp abilities to pop up) for a raid wipe mechanic.
    this whole temp ability thing needs to go away. Its the rift equivalent of hotkey cutscenes in FPS games.
    An actual and proper mechanic would have been making the players silence the wisp or something to that effect for the period of time is up. Random abilities coming out of nowhere make no sense, and contradict the whole point of having this "varied" and deep soul system.

Not to mention the numerous bugs Rift's had so far with temp abilities and those mech husks etc

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    this whole temp ability thing needs to go away.
    Why? If only two people ever need to do it, then those two people are carrying the raid. They want to make sure you have more than two competent people who you can rely on to click a reactive, so they make it 6, or if you use 3 as a failsafe, 9 people, so they essentially are checking for you if half of your raid are derps are not. Why would they remove this added aspect of difficulty?

Prophet of Telara

I see it as a lazy way to not actually add proper mechanics. First day on that fight the one thing everyone in the raid was saying was how this fight reminded of RKM, a dumbed down, too easy to be true RKM.
    Anway you dont need 3 sets, 2x2 is all thats needed, if DPS is low enough to even get two wisps anyway.

If a third person starts channeling it seems to reset the other channels, or the mechanic is saying "someone is still channeling me, they did it wrong" boom. Not sure if bug or intended, but we always use 3 groups of 2.

You can't say that adding temporary abilities is lazy design and they could have added Silences or something similar instead. Specific classes handle Silences, Purges, Interrupts and the like. Anyone can use temporary abilities and this is a way Trion can encourage other players to handle mechanics instead of that one Marksman, Dominator or Inquisitor who does it for every encounter. Think about Dread Shot on Rusila, if it was an interrupt then 90% of people would never have had to learn the mechanic.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    You can't say that adding temporary abilities is lazy design and they could have added Silences or something similar instead. Specific classes handle Silences, Purges, Interrupts and the like. Anyone can use temporary abilities and this is a way Trion can encourage other players to handle mechanics instead of that one Marksman, Dominator or Inquisitor who does it for every encounter. Think about Dread Shot on Rusila, if it was an interrupt then 90% of people would never have had to learn the mechanic.
    We had two PUG people die to that about two weeks ago in an ID Conqueror group we ran. I love mechanics that don't outdate with gear.

WE had the issue where it wasnt showing up...Simply have everyone but the the two people near the middle of the circle move away during wisps.
    Last edited by Carnalpleasure; 02-07-2013 at 05:46 PM.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast