Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Looking for NQ officers

Default Looking for NQ officers

I've been trying to reach some officers from NQ to ask them some questions. Where are they? It's like they disappeared off the face of the earth or got banned... Lolwtfbbq. Anyways, if you see them on, please have them contact me. Thankssssss

I'll forward one of them to your thread.

Ascendant

In-game ban =/= forum ban btw.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    In-game ban =/= forum ban btw.
    They could just you know, suspend them from the forums and the game. ;)
    --BC

When I was IG banned, I was forum banned aswell and it's why I took one of my alt account to post on the forum. (And QQ a bit, I know )
    World Progress Ranking Website
    (Don't forget to MouseOver Dates or Points to see details !)

Experts W#1 | Crucia W#1 | Regulos W#2
    www.aethys.eu

Rift Chaser

Well I doubt they were banned for using a pet to tank . . . so if they were it was for something else. I have a response from a GM stating that pet tanking is a perfectly legite way to tank a raid boss . . .

On 2/2/2013 10:44 am [Customer Service] wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Even, Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. You are welcome to attempt to tank bosses with your pets if you would like. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this ticket is 130131-000022. Sincerely, GM Oxxyan Trion Worlds Inc.

So as much as I did not like their antics, don't see how they could be banned for that now . . . must have been one of the other exploits.
    Even -Pax Illuminatus- Faeblight Shard
    Oddrit - Pax Illuminatus - Faeblight Shard

Champion of Telara

@Even

If pet tanking is a "perfectly legit way to tank a boss" then they wouldn't have changed how Regulos works. Not all GM's are on the same page and I'm willing to bet that a lot of them respond to tickets from outside of their department with generic responses.

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Even View Post
    Well I doubt they were banned for using a pet to tank . . . so if they were it was for something else. I have a response from a GM stating that pet tanking is a perfectly legite way to tank a raid boss . . .

On 2/2/2013 10:44 am [Customer Service] wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Even, Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. You are welcome to attempt to tank bosses with your pets if you would like. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this ticket is 130131-000022. Sincerely, GM Oxxyan Trion Worlds Inc.

So as much as I did not like their antics, don't see how they could be banned for that now . . . must have been one of the other exploits.

Weird... I've seen messages from Senior GMs AND Devs stating it is unintended for pets to tank raid bosses.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

Note the use of the word 'attempt' in the response.

ie it's fine to try using pets to tank raid bosses, but if it's successful it's probably unintended
    Nope.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Talking The Hardest View Post
    Weird... I've seen messages from Senior GMs AND Devs stating it is unintended for pets to tank raid bosses.
    I believe the reason they responded to the ticket the way they did is because now they are confident they have made it impossible to tank bosses with pets.

It previously was an exploit, so Trion got around to fixing the mechanic that allowed for the exploit. Now you can try whatever you want.

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    I believe the reason they responded to the ticket the way they did is because now they are confident they have made it impossible to tank bosses with pets.

It previously was an exploit, so Trion got around to fixing the mechanic that allowed for the exploit. Now you can try whatever you want.
    Where have they said they fixed it? Can't find it on the forums, and yes I have checked the dev tracker.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

If it isn't changed already, it will be soon. There's only a few ways in which it can be fixed; Regulos becomes immune to pets, pets no longer immune to damage from Regulos. For the pet classes' sake, probably the latter.

It obviously never was the intention to let some tankpet slaughter the god of death. We'll see what the fix is when it arrives.

Champion of Telara

The encounter was fixed the week after NQ killed it. Regulos used to be only cleave damage, which is why pets were able to tank it. Now, that's no longer the case. As I've stated previously, not all GM's are on the same page.

It should be quite obvious to any person with an average or better IQ that pets aren't meant to tank raid bosses.

Rift Chaser

Ya I think my question was to the GM was just to point out the error in their logic, I do not agree with what NQ did but I also think that it is Trions responsibility to make content that at least takes a bit of effort to cheat on . . .Tanking bosses with pets is not something that NQ really had to search for to find out.

Its not like building up a platform on LK using saronite bombs for an example . . . so my point was to show Trion they should really get on the same page here. I really enjoy this game, but I am tired of the raid community having to deal with stuff like this.
    Even -Pax Illuminatus- Faeblight Shard
    Oddrit - Pax Illuminatus - Faeblight Shard

Champion

Its not just regulos that could be tanked with a pet, there are numerous bosses where a pet can do it, and gm's dont tend to know every rule of everything the devs consider exploiting.

We contacted the gm's about this issue too, first reply was he wasnt sure, second reply he told us not to use it or make it public or we could risk being banned/suspended over these actions as they were not intended by the devs to be used like that.

The issue with pet tanking was mainly trion's fault, and they had been told several times at different points in the year and didnt fix it, was only a matter of time until others found it out.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast