+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: More nerfs?

Ascendant

Default More nerfs?

In the past, Trion has not wanted to make changes which would be considered a buff to the encounter (in this case ALL encounters). With the fix of healing specs in 2.2, a lot of guilds are going to struggle to compensate for the loss in healing output.

Inb4 elitist or whatever (I really don't care because I've cleared all content) but a lot of guilds who are actively progressing on the fights do not want them nerfed. I can't think of anyone who really wants them nerfed outside of those who refuse to get on VoiP and communicate.

hi ahov!!!
    Last edited by Gerardsz; 02-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Hippodotimus
    4/4 5/5

The raid comp we use in FT has not changed regardless of the healing "buffs" we experienced at the release of EE. So those fights shouldn't be affected at all, despite how easy the zone is to begin with.

EE we never designed our comps around the healing changes. Perhaps Regulos and/or Matriarch may require one more additional healer, but consiering they are increasing dps for most souls when they release the healing "nerf/fix/change" it should not be an issue of loosing dps by adding the one or two healers which may be required.

TLDR: The healing changes should not impact a progressing guild, nor should it affect those in farm mode. We will be given dps increases to balance out the increased number of healers which may be added to the raid comp post-healing change. No content nerfs should be required to "re-balance" the fight.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

The bugged specs are gone for rogues/warriors. mage top melee spec got nurfed slightly. not sure about cleric DPS perhaps a tad higher? I am aware of the "double dip" issues that got fixed across the board.

Regardless I don't see much of a DPS gain with the class changes. If your guild didn't use bugged specs pre 2.2 good on ya, but that probably isn't the case. I do have to wonder if the progression race would have ended up differently should the healing and dps have not been bugged.

But yeah people in guilds still progressing will likely experience a setback with regards to HPS and therefor DPS checks.

I don't see the need for any changes to encounters either.
    My guild is still progressing but we don't use Sab or Shaman and didn't use RB/VK so I can't foresee many changes for us, except perhaps us overhealing a bit less.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    My guild is still progressing but we don't use Sab or Shaman and didn't use RB/VK so I can't foresee many changes for us, except perhaps us overhealing a bit less.
    There were guilds that didn't find Maklamos challenging with the puzzles, yet they took that out because it would have been a buff. I can see where Ahov is coming from, and it is true that in the past Trion has not "buffed" encounters. Mak was a bug, and turned into being a much easier fight with that disabled.

It will be interesting to see if any guilds take a step back in progression from the changes.

Plane Walker

Is pretty much what I expect. I am mostly a chloro for raids..and while there are times where the extra procs do help, most of the healing is wasted. There could be a few encounters where adding an additional healer will be necessary, but with the dps increase..the net effect for raids will likely be a gain..and thus a small content nerf. 10man, if you solo raid heal the last boss..it could draw that out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    There were guilds that didn't find Maklamos challenging with the puzzles, yet they took that out because it would have been a buff. I can see where Ahov is coming from, and it is true that in the past Trion has not "buffed" encounters. Mak was a bug, and turned into being a much easier fight with that disabled.

It will be interesting to see if any guilds take a step back in progression from the changes.
    Yeah, Adam has said he doesn't like to 'buff' encounters after they've been released, hence Murdantix and Plutonus never being fixed. I know what Ahov is saying, and it's probably something they're looking at. Hopefully they don't go swinging the nerf bat at all, I'd prefer the nerf brush. I'm still really pissed off at how gutted Crucia is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebasiz View Post
    10man, if you solo raid heal the last boss..it could draw that out a bit.
    We don't bother solo healing the final boss, we double heal and still burn her and ignore mechanics. That way no-one dies and no-one has to move the entire encounter.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-02-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

We didnt use any Cheat-Spec like VK/RB or Sabo/MM.. not even Shm on adds for EE and its doable. Chloros anyway mostly overheal and Chloro well played will be able to put nearly the same out as pre 2.2.

So the difference will be there, the only Guilds who really struggle with 2.2 will be the once who use kind of bug specs and couldnt yet clear the content to farm gear.

We don't bother solo healing the final boss, we double heal and still burn her and ignore mechanics. That way no-one dies and no-one has to move the entire encounter.
    Bard + chloro = '2-heal' / soloheal.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    Bard + chloro = '2-heal' / soloheal.
    Usually Chloro + Warden although sometimes Chloro + Bard. Depends on whether someone is willing to Bard. Either way, as I said, no chance of deaths and no movement required all fight, ezmodeftw.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-02-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Nope.

Healing through the AoE on the first guy in the Kain fight is stupid hard already. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Inb4 elitist or whatever (I really don't care because I've cleared all content)
    Ah, the sad, unintentional irony.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Not currently planning on reducing damage output on any of the encounters. The class changes and double dip fix will go up and we will see from there.

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast