Closed Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dopemage
  • 2 Post By Ahov
  • 1 Post By Choras

Thread: All pixels are equal

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default All pixels are equal

    I wanted to start this thread as a constructive discussion about these pixels everyone has been QQing about. I think all progress for everyone should be turned back. We are all sinners and have been exploiting using our bugged dps specs, bugged chloro healing specs, and bugged cleric AoE. We should all be burned at the stake for using these bugs. Standing on the rail tower of shattered. Sheeping azhirus when he first came out. Losing Matriarch. Druid tanking regulos. Bugging trash in queen. Purge us from the world. We need a great flood.

    But no really im tired of everyone QQing and being hypocrites. A bug, exploit, and clever tactic are alll the same no matter the level of difficulty of the topic.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Vioarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dopemage View Post
    I wanted to start this thread as a constructive discussion about these pixels everyone has been QQing about. I think all progress for everyone should be turned back. We are all sinners and have been exploiting using our bugged dps specs, bugged chloro healing specs, and bugged cleric AoE. We should all be burned at the stake for using these bugs. Standing on the rail tower of shattered. Sheeping azhirus when he first came out. Losing Matriarch. Druid tanking regulos. Bugging trash in queen. Purge us from the world. We need a great flood.

    But no really im tired of everyone QQing and being hypocrites. A bug, exploit, and clever tactic are alll the same no matter the level of difficulty of the topic.
    Your logic is flawed.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dopemage View Post
    I wanted to start this thread as a constructive discussion about these pixels everyone has been QQing about. I think all progress for everyone should be turned back. We are all sinners and have been exploiting using our bugged dps specs, bugged chloro healing specs, and bugged cleric AoE. We should all be burned at the stake for using these bugs. Standing on the rail tower of shattered. Sheeping azhirus when he first came out. Losing Matriarch. Druid tanking regulos. Bugging trash in queen. Purge us from the world. We need a great flood.

    But no really im tired of everyone QQing and being hypocrites. A bug, exploit, and clever tactic are alll the same no matter the level of difficulty of the topic.
    Not even close to being the same thing.

    In having a bugged chloro spec, you have no choice but to run it. Chloros were used before the bug, so are you saying people should go out of their way to not run any chloros? For that matter, zero cleric healers since all the Blessings and procs are bugged?

    The two are about as far apart as Murder and petty theft.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-01-2013 at 12:41 PM.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Geopenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Was thinking about this too. You know how many pugs you get kicked from if you don't cheese them? Plus on a recent raid heard someone say they were playing the bugged rogue spike-charge spec until it was nerfed. And I am playing tempest with a warlord crystal giving me 120 st, so feel guilty too.

    With that said, am tired of the witch hunts and flaming. What I consider an exploit is someone supposedly using rep runes on non-rep eligible guildmates, or fish-and/or-onslaught-botting to get the rep.
    Beware the Penguin...

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Choras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    All pixels are equal-mad.png

    Just an idea!!
    Rianeva@Deepwood

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Oh look one of these threads.


    Will smith best rapper 2013 #SWAG

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Was thinking about this too. You know how many pugs you get kicked from if you don't cheese them? Plus on a recent raid heard someone say they were playing the bugged rogue spike-charge spec until it was nerfed. And I am playing tempest with a warlord crystal giving me 120 st, so feel guilty too.

    With that said, am tired of the witch hunts and flaming. What I consider an exploit is someone supposedly using rep runes on non-rep eligible guildmates, or fish-and/or-onslaught-botting to get the rep.
    I consider lots of stuff exploits. However, there is a line you cross to get punished.

    No one in the world is going to get banned for skipping trash in a 5-man, because no one cares. However, people do care about their world/region/shard-firsts, and in this case a certain guild stole multiple shard-firsts via exploiting Regulos. Competition needs to be maintained fairly.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I agree with dopemage, just play the ****ing game and quit all your *****in

  9. #9
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dopemage View Post
    We are all sinners
    Now where have I heard this before....
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilder View Post
    I agree with dopemage, just play the ****ing game and quit all your *****in
    Look over that statement carefully.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Look over that statement carefully.
    ahov can you ask your mom to give me my pants back

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    .....
    Oh look two addiction members first people to respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choras View Post
    [
    Just an idea!!
    No I am not actually mad at the players more mad at the devs. I just want better testing by players and more players to actually look for exploits when testing. To me its like having a bunch of nuns trying to proof read something to see if it can be sexual or not. They arent gonna be looking for stupid jokes as a perv would.
    Yes it is a generic run of the mill thread over the rift life time.
    You can all me a riftgelical.

  13. #13
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    It certainly does amuse me that all of a sudden, there are all these super low post count people posting about this stuff as if they have a vested interest in these issues.

    Anyone involved are likely forum regulars, so you no name people are either regulars who were banned, people hiding out on alt accounts or an ridiculous attempt to make it appear as if there is more support for the "no one cares" side.

    Real low post count folks have a low post count for a reason; they don't give two hoots about most of the things that happen on these forums... and certainly don't care about end game guild shenanigans and the ensuing drama.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple WrittenByCobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

    Thank you!

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts