Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exploits and trolls

Rift Chaser

Default Exploits and trolls

So first off realize this is a real question I would love to have answered and not just trolling for likes or to stir up any animosity.

I would like to know where the community should actually voice their opinions on issues like raid exploits that seem to be consistently happening?

When a guild uses a mechanic obviously not designed for how they are using it to kill a boss that affects the progression race and I am sure those top guilds do not appreciate it.

When a guild uses those same mechanics to then transfer to other servers for the sole purpose of stealing server first kills and killing the raid competition of those servers it affects quite a bit of a larger percentage of the rift population.

When a guild then spends time rubbing that exploit, as well insulting members of other guilds on their twitch channels, using whispers in game, actually getting on their team speaks you are now looking at a group of people actively trying to ruin your game.

Yet when any threads are opened concerning any of this or their trolling about it . . .the threads asking for a solution are shut down while their trolling threads are left open. THAT is a huge insult to me not from the guild of immature people but from the game makers themselves.

So my question is this, where should we go to post our grievances? Where is the correct venue to do so and how do we get a real answer from someone at Trion? I love this game, but I for one will not allow one group of people to ruin raiding for a lot of people.
    Even -Pax Illuminatus- Faeblight Shard
    Oddrit - Pax Illuminatus - Faeblight Shard

Elrar said to PM him.

Probably what you should do.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Telaran

Honestly I dont think what they did is a exploit. As for their actions demeanor that is trolling I wont disagree with that. But the public opinion of hiding peoples opinion on this matter is ludicrous and bad marketing. They just dont want the public to hear that "oh hurrr another guild beat the hardest boss with exploits hurr". I think that should be publicly heard and debated.....

What they did is an exploit, in both cases. They knowingly and continuously trivialized central aspects of both encounters and bragged about doing so. It's quite obvious they have no respect for the developers or the community, and have continued this despite the Maelforge incident. So much for turning a new leaf huh guys?

Here is a tip: just because it isn't fixed doesn't mean it's not an exploit.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-31-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Meh searching for and using in game mechanics in an unexpected way to kill a boss has been part of raiding since day 1. Different companies and communities look on it in different ways. For example kiting a boss used to be the standard tanking strat for a lot of raids in lineage 2 yet when 1 boss was being kited here people screamed exploit.

In my opinion it is the responsibility of the game company to decide if something is acceptable and if they decide it is not to change the encounter to prevent that from happening. It is the gamers responsibility to find whatever way they can to beat encounters providing they do not use illegal means to do so. By illegal means I refer to scripts and actual bugs like consumables double stacking or heals working even when the healer is not actually in the encounter arena.

If you start to say no you are not allowed to use the lay of the land or particular skills in order to beat an encounter then you start to tie Trion's hands in what they can make an encounter do. Maybe at some point they will want to promote the use of pets in raids more and will assign them special tasks. Why would that be any more wrong than making us have to use interrupts or purges to avoid 1 shot damage from a particular mechanic? They are a legitimate part of our 'skillbook' after all.

Oh and for anyone wondering no I do not play a pet soul atm and have never been in any of the so called questionable guilds who have been called out for doing any of this. I just don't really see it as a big problem.

Jumping shards or seeding a player on a shard just in order to get shard firsts on the other hand I do see as sleazy and any respectable guild should know better.

Can't say have really noticed them rubbing it in people's faces but then I tend to ignore most of the boast threads and don't hang out in other guild's voip.

I think the answer is obvious. If Trion wants a good raid community they will perma ban this entire guild as this guild was already caught and punished once before by Trion for exploiting in ID.

If they do not perma ban these people what kind of message does it send to the rest pf the raid community? When is enough actually enough? Basically they would be saying any guild can do whatever they want as there never will be any consequence for bad actions. They would be disrespecting the community as bad if not worse than the guild you mentioned has treated the community,

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    What they did is an exploit, in both cases. They knowingly and continuously trivialized central aspects of both encounters and bragged about doing so. It's quite obvious they have no respect for the developers or the community, and have continued this despite the Maelforge incident. So much for turning a new leaf huh guys?

Here is a tip: just because it isn't fixed doesn't mean it's not an exploit.
    There is more than one way to do most mechanics. This just happens to be incredibly easier than it is suppose to be. Does not mean it is an exploit. 1. Tank pets are allowed to be healed and to tank mobs - Working as intended. 2. Regulos is meant to do cleave damage - working as intended. 3. Pets are suppose to be immune to cleaves for survivability - Working as intended. All they did to kill the boss was combine 3 working as intended methods to take care of it. It was an over site by trion and not an exploit as stacking consumables were. The argument that it is an exploit is like saying using natural conversion on laethys breath was an exploit. It wasnt exactly intended to work that way because it wasn't a 1 shot mechanic. It was suppose to be mitigated and or out healed. That is another example of using a working as intended ability on a not exactly planned mechanic method. As for matriarch that is more of an exploit than the druid pet. But it is also a major trion over site and easily testable.

As I do Kiralia though. I am just not happy with all these exploits available. How long these exploits are active. How this game is completely being thrown away it seems now with way things have been going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopemage View Post
    There is more than one way to do most mechanics. This just happens to be incredibly easier than it is suppose to be. Does not mean it is an exploit. 1. Tank pets are allowed to be healed and to tank mobs - Working as intended. 2. Regulos is meant to do cleave damage - working as intended. 3. Pets are suppose to be immune to cleaves for survivability - Working as intended. All they did to kill the boss was combine 3 working as intended methods to take care of it. It was an over site by trion and not an exploit as stacking consumables were. The argument that it is an exploit is like saying using natural conversion on laethys breath was an exploit. It wasnt exactly intended to work that way because it wasn't a 1 shot mechanic. It was suppose to be mitigated and or out healed. That is another example of using a working as intended ability on a not exactly planned mechanic method. As for matriarch that is more of an exploit than the druid pet. But it is also a major trion over site and easily testable.

As I do Kiralia though. I am just not happy with all these exploits available. How long these exploits are active. How this game is completely being thrown away it seems now with way things have been going.
    The fact that those are separately intended mechanics does not make the continued usage of them any less of an exploit. The end result is that complete aspects of the fight were ignored, which is unintended. The only reason to continue using it after finding out it's possible is because you are too lazy or too bad to actually defeat the boss.

What really seals the deal is that they make a point to brag about exploiting and still claim they legitimately were the first to do anything.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Plane Walker

I'm not sure sure they can ban them just because people dislike their behavoir. There's a lot of people that say and do things that I don't agree with, that doesn't mean I can have them arrested or revoke their freedom of speech.

They defeated bosses in a way that was unintended by developers. Did they use 3rd party programs to do it, or did they operate within the confines of the game? I think, it'd be obvious that by combatting a raid encounter in a certain way you can ignore mechanics and easily defeat an encounter that is supposed to be challenging..is an *exploit*, but it also falls on Trion for allowing it to be possible. Personally..I wouldn't want to 'win'..cheap. That's what they've done and they're abnoxious about it..which makes it worse. However, their accomplishments are empty. Even in a pixelated world that doesn't exist a second longer then Trion decides to let it..they had to cheat to excel. That is pathetic..

Just because people are talking..doesn't mean you have to listen to them.

Telaran

The fact that those are separately intended mechanics does not make the continued usage of them any less of an exploit. The end result is that complete aspects of the fight were ignored, which is unintended. The only reason to continue using it after finding out it's possible is because you are too lazy or too bad to actually defeat the boss.
    Then so is using natural conversion with laethys and guurloth. A lot of different cases actually would be counted as an exploit then. Just because the level of the strat's difficulty is extremely lower than the other strats for the boss does not mean its an exploit. Using a pet to tank a boss is not condemned and never was by any rift employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopemage View Post
    Then so is using natural conversion with laethys and guurloth. A lot of different cases actually would be counted as an exploit then. Just because the level of the strat's difficulty is extremely lower than the other strats for the boss does not mean its an exploit. Using a pet to tank a boss is not condemned and never was by any rift employee.
    That's an assumption, and it's impossible to avoid 100% of the damage from laethys or guurloth with Natural Conversion.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-31-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    I think the answer is obvious. If Trion wants a good raid community they will perma ban this entire guild as this guild was already caught and punished once before by Trion for exploiting in ID.

If they do not perma ban these people what kind of message does it send to the rest pf the raid community? When is enough actually enough? Basically they would be saying any guild can do whatever they want as there never will be any consequence for bad actions. They would be disrespecting the community as bad if not worse than the guild you mentioned has treated the community,
    The "hardcore" raiders in this game are coddled, and given an amount of content and developer effort waaay disproportionate to their numbers relative to the full pool of subscribers. By and large, these people are contemptuous of others, act like they despise the game they play, and are a huge detriment to the game community as well (there are exceptions).

Trion doesn't want to admit to itself that this tiny subset of their subscribers, to whom they've devoted so many resources, are basically horrible human beings, and (worse) not to be counted on to be loyal customers or good community members, no matter what is given to them.

I have the sense that the censorship is as much about denial internally on the dev team as it is about we here on the forums or in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    The "hardcore" raiders in this game are coddled, and given an amount of content and developer effort waaay disproportionate to their numbers relative to the full pool of subscribers. By and large, these people are contemptuous of others, act like they despise the game they play, and are a huge detriment to the game community as well (there are exceptions).

Trion doesn't want to admit to itself that this tiny subset of their subscribers, to whom they've devoted so many resources, are basically horrible human beings, and (worse) not to be counted on to be loyal customers or good community members, no matter what is given to them.

I have the sense that the censorship is as much about denial internally on the dev team as it is about we here on the forums or in the game.
    While it certainly applies to more than this one guild, I would not generalize it to be the attitude of the hardcore raiding community as a whole.

Telaran

That's an assumption, and it's impossible to avoid 100% of the damage from laethys or guurloth with Natural Conversion.
    It is for that piece of the mechanic. 100% avoidance of the breath for laethys and boulder for guurloth. The tank could have just used a cool down to reduce damage. The cleric could have used healers covenant. The chloro could have used essence surge. There is multiple ways to deal with each mechanic. As for the regulos they didnt 100% avoid damage. It was just an avoidance of having to heal the tank for so hard. As for matriarch they are just avoiding consuming essence and the debuff from the pets. If anything the exploit for matriarch is living through the enrage timer insta kill.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post

I dont think every hardcore raid is a bitter angry person who despises competition. Back when at the beginning of the game end game guilds still discussed builds and other things. Only thing that was a secret from each other was strats but that is understandable. End game raiders usually get along and such. We just have an awful amount of trolls and QQers in the endgame community.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast