+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Support weapons ?

Default Support weapons ?

i dont know if this is right place for my question but who cares ?

has anyone seen weapons for support souls, knows 2h or 1h or their bonus?
    or trion forget to add these weapons to game ?

an answer from devs or ss from players would be nice. ty.

wtb a dev reply to here!!!

A lot of people were mad over the support items being added to Infernal Dawn, so they may have not done it this time around.

I'd much rather see another Darkling Skull-esque item.

yep. that would be awsome to have darkling skull like weapon but looks like there isnt one.
    there are special weapons for warlord, dps and heallers but not to support? that is not fair man

wtb a dev reply to here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    A lot of people were mad over the support items being added to Infernal Dawn, so they may have not done it this time around.

I'd much rather see another Darkling Skull-esque item.
    You mean the bard/archon relics?

I think people were mad at the fact that they were poorly designed, not so much that they exist.

The bard relic sword's effect procs when you use a healing finisher... something you don't regularly spam whenever you feel like. The play style changed significantly with the relic compared to w/o, which is part of some of the complaints.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Er... there weren't any complaints about the archon and bard relics o.0
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

I didn't mind the ID support items, but Darkling Skull was too good since ordinary DPS could use it. We know the upgrade system is capable of having multiple branching paths to choose from to upgrade, would it be so hard to make a few healing/DPS weapons have support versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    There were complaints... but I think the complaints had more to do with it pigeonholing people into a spec in a certain sense because if you got a bard relic... you were expected to be barding a lot. Lets face it... most guilds do NOT have someone who plays Bard or Archon 100% of the time. Trinity literally has an Archon/Bard by committee system much of the time.

So not only were they somewhat crappy, they were also not the most flexible of items, unlike a regular rogue relic which can be easily used for whatever spec.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 02-01-2013 at 01:42 PM.

There were complaints about them. Ironically enough, it was people that haven't killed even laethys. Which i couldnt get. Y complain about something u dont have?
    Retired

The Archon/Bard specific items were a much better idea than the Darkling Skull, as evidenced by Darkling Skull remaining best in slot for at least 1-2 raid members to use through much of ID.

However while the Archon relic was well-designed the Bard relic wasn't, since it required a particular Bard skill to be used, and you didn't even need to be full Bard. To use the Archon relic you needed to be full Archon and it was pretty much an automatic buff.

Plane Walker

The complaints were mostly becuse the bard/archon weapons aswell as the Darkling skull were too big of a boost to the raids dps whereas most procs, while also good, were not even 1/4 as good as the support drops. People don't like to be forced into support roles, so I think it's good Trion chose not to implement this into Storm Legion (I assume they didn't since nothing like it has dropped).

I wouldn't mind having them show up in the future with a much smaller and easier accesible proc though.

warlord's flatblade. le sigh!

Ah yeah... I remember how the bard quit... get new bard a new Songblade. He vanish after a while.

Recruit main archon. Make them learn Laethys. Pass his trial, give him totem! He quit a couple weeks later lol. Get new totem....

ASUISDFYI8XY89HUYG then I start thinking maybe I should just be one of those loot ***** officer types who give all the loot to themself, lol.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Plane Walker

Ah yeah... I remember how the bard quit... get new bard a new Songblade. He vanish after a while.

Recruit main archon. Make them learn Laethys. Pass his trial, give him totem! He quit a couple weeks later lol. Get new totem....

ASUISDFYI8XY89HUYG then I start thinking maybe I should just be one of those loot ***** officer types who give all the loot to themself, lol.
    but then again there weren't any complaints about the bard and archon relic, rite?
    Last edited by Whaitiing; 02-01-2013 at 03:11 PM.

The real irony of the bard relic holders who quit was that there was a period of time before SL launched where the songblade was the BiS weapon... for everything.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    The real irony of the bard relic holders who quit was that there was a period of time before SL launched where the songblade was the BiS weapon... for everything.
    The Archon relic was pretty close to being BiS offhand for mages, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast