+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Disappointed by Crucia nerfs

Default Disappointed by Crucia nerfs

Typical: I feel cheated by the nerfs thread

The situation: Haven't downed Crucia yet but had multiple sub 8% pulls this Tuesday. Right on the cusp and only needed a few more pulls to get the kill.

Response to nerfs: Sadface

More eloquent response to nerfs: Was this really necessary? I understand why the majority of them were for the earlier phases, since they're not the difficult part and this helps people get more reps into the final 60%. That part I understand, but actually removing the Scattered Storms from spawning when a player dies really cheapens the experience and will really hurt the satisfaction when we get the kill this week.

Surely Trion could have sped up the earlier phases to help players get more reps in without actually detracting from the difficult part of the encounter? I'm not aware of people hitting the enrage or having serious problems there so those changes just save everyone a bit of time.

I haven't seen a single thread complaining about Crucia and there seem to be many new guilds killing her every week. In my opinion this nerf to the final phase/s was unnecessary and too soon, a lot of guilds didn't even get fully geared and into the 20 mans until late December and so have only had ~5-6 weeks to learn the typical 3/4 in FT and 2/5 in EE plus 4/4 in TotSQ. I wouldn't have thought 9 bosses in a month and a half was slow progress that needed speeding up.

TLDR: Sadface
    Nope.

yep....primal mad

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

That's not a nerf, that's evisceration.

The earlier bugs aside, the boss was a ton of fun and pretty well-tuned. This kind of gutting was premature imo... but oh well.

this makes me sad.

Earlier than expected but it was bound to happen anyway. Regulos is like a 9min fight, these changes should make Crucia similar I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

The earlier bugs aside, the boss was a ton of fun and pretty well-tuned. This kind of gutting was premature imo... but oh well.
    Looks like a whole lot of guilds missed out, less progression and more overgear + roflstomp :/
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

The less time I have to spend in a raid with you lot the better
    Last edited by sushicide; 01-30-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Raspuddin

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    yep....primal mad
    You, Me, Skype, 5:30pm server time. IT'S ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

The earlier bugs aside, the boss was a ton of fun and pretty well-tuned.
    Yep, pretty much. I was really enjoying it, such a fun encounter. I haven't wanted to raid this much since Akylios.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 01-30-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    Nope.

Rift Chaser

Probably only maybe 10 guilds in the whole of Rift that killed Crucia so no biggie making it easier, don't forget hardmodes come soon probably next week with 2.2

Default Agree with OP

Our guild was also getting there.... not quite to 8% but we were getting very close to that. I felt this was the week to beat it. Now it is cheapened by unnecessary and premature Nerf.

On the plus side I'll just sleep walk through the fight now. Death mechanic was THE mechanic that was THE test. Everything else can be bludgeoned through without much skill. As in the rest of the guild carries the one or two or three derps.

Ya I'm hoping hard modes come along too. Maybe they nerfed her to make the difference more noticible? I mean if only 10 guilds can kill her normal mode and only 10 hard mode, its kinda like what was the point of hard mode? We'll see.

I'm more used to them nerfing content a couple months before the next tier comes out...

2.2 is not the next tier I don't think, but I wouldn't be surprised when 2.3 comes out if we see the "HK" raid of storm legion.

Also where is my hardmode chronicles?

and waffles?
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-30-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Well, I pre-congratulate you on a kill Primal. Sorry to see it be a post-nerf kill.
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

I don't think this many nerfs this soon is really warranted. Going to make the fight a total joke now. Hurray easy relics I suppose. Really glad my guild downed her last night before this slew of nerfage went through.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

For the record it's more like 25 guilds that have downed Crucia, not 10.
    It's not really a very hard fight at all, at least not from my perspective. It just requires a bit of individual responsibility, you can't just carry people through it. That's what makes the best fights, ones were people are actually accountable.

Well at least you couldn't.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 01-30-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    You, Me, Skype, 5:30pm server time. IT'S ON!

Yep, pretty much. I was really enjoying it, such a fun encounter. I haven't wanted to raid this much since Akylios.
    Eh, dont sweat it primal, I agree that this many nerf's to her so soon wasn't really needed but , oh well, just a game. All you can do at this point is kill her , collect easy relics , make your way to Regulos , since he's really the only "hard boss" left for this tier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast