+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Getting oneshotted on Matriarch

  1. #31
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    snip
    Shield depend on purifier spell power or your spell power for self shield, your HP have totally NO impact on the shield amount.

    In fact, the shield are best in an archon than another person of the raid.

    Where the "lambda guy" will take 1000damage, the archon will take 800, so if the two have a purifer shield of 4000, the "lambda guy" will have 3000shield, and the archon 3200.

    Saying false thing, or thing that you don't understand to prove your point is...sad.


    The DR influct directly your EHP, EHP is your EFFECTIVE HEALTH POOL, an archon have a lot bigger EHP that everybody on the raid, even if he have less HP.


    For the tank "endurance stacking", it's another story, a lot of boss mechanic ignore DR and do flat damage, so DR/avoidance don't help.

    There is no raid damage who ignore resistance in the actual raid, so DR > pool HP, since you will receive the same amount of heal/shield, but you have less HP pool to top,

    Where a non archon need a heal of 5000 to top his life, the archon need 4000.

  2. #32
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    You know, real easy way to test the final result numbers. Take your already set up mage on the PTS shard and wander your way over to the phys and nonphys damage for-tank dummies. Change spec, rinse and repeat. Then just compare damage:hp ratio.

  3. #33
    Rift Master sculti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladvador View Post
    Shield depend on purifier spell power or your spell power for self shield, your HP have totally NO impact on the shield amount.

    In fact, the shield are best in an archon than another person of the raid.

    Where the "lambda guy" will take 1000damage, the archon will take 800, so if the two have a purifer shield of 4000, the "lambda guy" will have 3000shield, and the archon 3200.

    Saying false thing, or thing that you don't understand to prove your point is...sad.


    The DR influct directly your EHP, EHP is your EFFECTIVE HEALTH POOL, an archon have a lot bigger EHP that everybody on the raid, even if he have less HP.


    For the tank "endurance stacking", it's another story, a lot of boss mechanic ignore DR and do flat damage, so DR/avoidance don't help.

    There is no raid damage who ignore resistance in the actual raid, so DR > pool HP, since you will receive the same amount of heal/shield, but you have less HP pool to top,

    Where a non archon need a heal of 5000 to top his life, the archon need 4000.
    this

    its impossible to die to any mechanic as an archon if you dont idle in twins-voids or sth like that
    i never dodge crash of souls on regulos, hardly cba to avoid lasers sub 20% on crucia, dodge voids on goloch, etc
    you take that much less dmg than your raidmembers
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

  4. #34
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    this

    its impossible to die to any mechanic as an archon if you dont idle in twins-voids or sth like that
    i never dodge crash of souls on regulos, hardly cba to avoid lasers sub 20% on crucia, dodge voids on goloch, etc
    you take that much less dmg than your raidmembers
    ^ this

    With self mits, Archon is a perfect observer for progression and mechanic identifiers.

    Was probably a troll to begin with, just wanted to say hi to Sculti and wait for servers to be up ^.^
    Addiction

  5. #35
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domey View Post
    Is it really that hard to move out of crash?

    red = dead
    considering that being able to dodge crash without getting glimpse is actually a bug...

  6. #36
    Plane Walker Domey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    considering that being able to dodge crash without getting glimpse is actually a bug...
    considering there is a good 5 degrees of room to be safe in.

  7. #37
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    considering that being able to dodge crash without getting glimpse is actually a bug...
    Not a bug, an unintended consequence that was overlooked by not making it a 360 degree cleave. If it was a bug, it would have been fixed.

  8. #38
    Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    considering that being able to dodge crash without getting glimpse is actually a bug...
    or poor raid design, take your pick.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

  9. #39
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domey View Post
    considering there is a good 5 degrees of room to be safe in.
    which is the bug...

  10. #40
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    which is the bug...
    Adam said it's not a bug, just a mistake he made that he didn't think people would use (not making it 360 degrees)

  11. #41
    Shield of Telara Eosmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Adam said it's not a bug, just a mistake he made that he didn't think people would use (not making it 360 degrees)
    He should've known end game raiders are notoriously creative when it comes to circumventing damage

  12. #42
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Adam said it's not a bug, just a mistake he made that he didn't think people would use (not making it 360 degrees)
    Which sounds exactly like a bug ;)

  13. #43
    Plane Walker Domey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Which sounds exactly like a bug ;)
    bad coding

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Since when we need to have only one strat available for a boss?...

    And Actually, dodge crash is harder than stacking endurance/shield and stay in...so wtf?

  15. #45
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladvador View Post
    And Actually, dodge crash is harder than stacking endurance/shield and stay in...so wtf?
    Clearly most guilds find standing in Crash more difficult, otherwise they wouldn't dodge since that's a dps loss.

    Also, I don't think anyone is calling dodging an exploit. Rather, it's a similar situation as on Maelforge where you could cheese the flame waves. No one "really" dodged the waves as intended, and if there is some guild that can prove they did it, they deserve World-First Maelforge.

    Maelforge wave = Murdantix upstairs = Plutonus lightning wall = Regulos crash of souls. It won't be fixed because it will be considered a buff to the encounter for most guilds, and that's the only reason.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-30-2013 at 06:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts