+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Expert Tower of the Shattered [BUG]

Rift Disciple

Default Expert Tower of the Shattered [BUG]

During the Kronox fight, his "No Escape" ability has been hitting everyone. Not just those in front of him. On 3 different occasions he was one shotting people who were very much behind him.

Ascendant

No escape is the ST ability he uses on the tank, not the cleave. So...aggro was bad in this case.

Even though that is probably true in the case OP described, he also sometimes casts No Escape on a random party member on the initial pull. He does it only once, but even pulling with taunt does not solve that problem. Its a bit strange and sometimes results in random deaths at the beginning.
    Member of Game Under.

Aggro. Issue. And never pull with taunt.

I've seen it happen twice that he cast it on the healer and they instantly died before the tank had even reached melee range. There was no cast-bar or warning etc they just lost all hp. Swapping healers prevented it in both cases, so I expect it was something they did.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnibar View Post
    Aggro. Issue. And never pull with taunt.
    Actually always pull with taunt since its offgcd and makes sure you have aggro from the mob,until your hardhitter reaches him. (all ranged aggrostyles have traveltime, taunt does not)

It also happend with a clerictank that pulled with his 7 conviction style... so i dont think this can be attributed to an aggro issue.
    Member of Game Under.

Quote Originally Posted by Azunia View Post
    Actually always pull with taunt since its offgcd and makes sure you have aggro from the mob,until your hardhitter reaches him. (all ranged aggrostyles have traveltime, taunt does not)

It also happend with a clerictank that pulled with his 7 conviction style... so i dont think this can be attributed to an aggro issue.
    I'm very familiar with the mechanics behind taunts, cleric tank ranged abilities and traveltime.

I must respectfully disagree that using taunt with a combat initiating attack is a good idea, as it is a waste - if your bolt and first reckoning are hitting at the same time (assuming TA wasn't used for an early hammer, or you had convictions from a previous pull.) Since traveltime means nothing when combat has not been initiated. Assuming you are the first person to enter proximity.

In cases of someone else becoming the initial target of a boss, I would agree that a taunt would be appropriate.

My first post was an assumption - as I have never personally experienced this issue - but often find that any issue similar to this was a result of the tank not doing something fast enough. My bad.

If I had to hazard another guess, it would be the healer getting a fraction of a second of bodypull aggro. And since this boss has a cast time on their main attack, that first one went to the healer, and the tank could not prevent it. Dunno really, I would have to see it in action.

Its either threat gen on the tank, someone facepulled, someone in the group used a taunt ability, or the tank had a hot on him that was ticking with a bit of threat gen while the tank facepulled without using an ability like a nublet.

Your problem lies with one of those four scenarios. The encounter is fine.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Azunia View Post
    Psh, real tanks ARE their ranged aggrostyle.

Shadow Assault harder.

Odd, I recall overhearing this problem in mumble yesterday morning...

*glances at time of post* 11:25 Sounds about right when they were finishing up...I don't know of anyone named insodus in my guild though.

(feel free to pm me if you are in the same guild as me but using a different forum name)

Soulwalker

This is a bug that randomy happens. I have seen it many many times, usually after a couple of wipes with groups that wipe a couple times.

It seems to be random as I have had all classes get hit by this. As soon as i get into proximity, if i do shield throw, taunt, or try to just run in and smack him. Nobody is attacking before me and everytime someone will randomly get a 1 shot.

To prevent this from happening I have everyone LOS on my initial pull to ensure nobody gets hit. This has worked 100% of the time to keep this from happening to my parties.
    I have tried pulling the boss from the opposite side of my party and every possible way, and the only 100% every time success to keep this bug from happening is having the party LOS from the pillar.

I run in tap the boss then everyone comes out a shooting. Works every time.
    Last edited by Urbandragon; 01-27-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Never encountered this "bug". As healer, I did die one time due to topping off the tank as he pulled (silly tank, wait for healer to top you off next time) and pulling agro.

Also, never pull with a taunt. DPS and healers all love to hit the boss as soon as you start moving and if you don't have solid threat they can easily rip it from you long enough to die before you can get it back. In other words, if your first move is a taunt and you can't regain agro within 3 seconds (duration of the taunt) then you won't have agro when the taunt drops. Instead, open with a damaging ability (preferably a heavy hitter) then immediately taunt after that to secure it for 3 seconds while continuing to use dmging abilities to hold onto your threat.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Ascendant

Never noticed this.

Champion of Telara

never had this happen as a reaver tank

pull with soul sickness and necrotic wounds as you run in. taunt, cyclone strike, then some blood fever. normal rotation after that and you can practically afk
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Pull with a ranged attack not your face
    ???
    profit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast