+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Something needs to be edited about dungeon loot drops! (and more)

Soulwalker

Default Something needs to be edited about dungeon loot drops! (and more)

To articulate this a bit, with a bit of personal opinion I have compiled stuff that upsets a lot of people. And yes, this is a constructive complaint.

I think it is ridiculous to have to run a dungeon daily for weeks to hunt for a weapon you know you need, and time after time the following happens:

1. You get a rare drop that no one in the group needs.
    2. You get an epic armor drop that no one in the group needs.
    3. You get Deflect weapons that warriors can need on.
    4. You get block weapons that rogues can need on.
    5. At the chance you do see the item you need, you lose it to another of the same class who has been in there a fraction of the time as you have.
    6. Stat-high emphasis is clearly identified as preferred for each of the classes, and with clear armor gear for classes (plate goes to warriors, chain goes to clerics, cloth can be used by clerics, but can't be needed, leather can be used by warriors but can't be needed by them.) while stat high emphasis on weapons in particular are not identified for rogue/warrior(guns/bows/1handers) and cleric/mage(off-hand/ranged)
    7. The players have already figured out that spell and physical crit gear for end-game is not worth it, yet last patch notes you increase the "spell/phys crit" of dungeon/raid gear that still does not make up the difference of its attack/spell/crit power counterparts from experts/crafted gear, and become undesirable useless pieces of trash gear.
    8. You hear of people who have grinded the heck out of dungeons for specific items and still have not won them. It shouldn't take more than 20 runs of the instance to be able to get your weapons/epic drops. I know people who have run the same dungeon over 150 times and still has not gotten the item they need.
    9. There are people who grind Infinity Stones to get the gear they need only to be replaced within a week by something better by chance in a dungeon/sliver/raid. It's depressing and annoying.
    10. You enable cross-shard dungeon/sliver/raid invites, but you cannot trade consumables/accidental loot passing/etc. with them. That's very impractical, since people are making mistakes with need/greed loot, master loot distribution, and forgetting consumables.
    ==============================================
    With all that being said, people want to be raiding end-game material, and no matter what, the better guilds will always get there first.

However, there will be so many people who are just not ready because gear isn't dropping for the vast majority of us. I don't mind grinding some dungeons, but let us be able to purchase even the dungeon weapons/shields/offhands with marks, or sell back gear even if you've used it, for a return on marks/infinity stones. Gear distribution is so bad, that items pre-storm legion that people have tried to grind for a year for, to the point they finally got an item that is better, suddenly drops for them. (ie. SHoE)

I have had 4 characters, that have full cleared the 10-man religiously on all 4 for the last 3 weeks(will be 4 this week), and have not won or seen the weapon drops there needed to upgrade my gear, I'm even using chronicle gear still inside the 20-mans.

There has got to be a way to detect what someone will actually need out of the loot tables of the dungeons/raids based on the raid composition that entered and adjust what drops. The same guild groups happen to see the same loot drops most weeks even while they are in ID pre-SL and now hearing about it with the 10-man.

A bit of consistency would be great. I would like to see more comparable performance from other souls within each class as well, since each patch/correction is only isolating what we are "supposed" to be using for our end-game performance rather than versatility, like we're supposed to be doing already.

By no means am I saying to make things easier. But it leaves no sense of achievement to build one's insanity by repeating everything they're doing to expect something to drop for them that just doesn't. I'm glad game content is difficult, but please make it seem achievable for the common player who doesn't have a raiding guild.

Side idea: Competitive Fishing Duels? Because fishing is so boring and slow, that it became a problem for you guys to have botters for this part of the game.

Also: More role-slots. This is just a micromanaging tool anyhow, but for all classes, if one truly wants to be versatile, having to reset souls and reconfigure hotkeys is not fun.
    Ideally if you had 1 role slot for each soul, so (9 souls)
    Cleric - 1 tank build, a solo build, 3 heal builds, and 4 dps builds.
    Warriors - 2-3 tank builds, 1-2 solo build, support build and 4 dps builds.
    Rogues - 1 tank build, 1 solo build, 2 support builds, 4 dps builds(each with purpose, some with utility like interrupt, or further down, with a purge) and a pvp build
    Mages - at least 2 heal builds, 2 archon builds, actual support build, and 4 dps builds (aoe/pvp/st/melee)

This is my first MMO, and after being in it for 2 years, I like using the full extent of availability in the game, I just don't want to deal with things that many others complain about already. We just don't want to feel like we wasted time playing this game, which is where I'm headed.

I'm open to critiques from any other players/staff. I have very much enjoyed feeling accomplished, but lately I just feel the complaints of so many others, and it has also become my own. People can put me in my place, and hopefully it's constructive, but if it's only to insult me, I will not entertain your comments.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

My only thought is why anyone actually bothers grinding dungeons for those items. They are not "needed" for anything although they look pretty.

That said, I agree that purple stuff should drop a bit more. Makes everyone happy to see a purple go to someone who can use it and it doesn't hurt the game progression at this point.

Rift Master

Welcome to RNG ;)

It can seem cruel, but, it will get changed soon enough. Latest when the next raiding tier gets introduced you will see the same change as before: Endbosses in dungeons will guaranteed drop an epic and the dungeon dailies will award SL tier 1 raidmarks.

Anyways, Pachi's Marker etc are not necessary to successfully raid and meet enrage timers. I was set on getting the Lightning Forged Steel, but gave up in the meantime, and settled for the IS weapon. You could of course limit on what people can roll, but it would only exacerbate the drop problem, as a rogue couldn't settle for the warrior version and vice versa. Then again, I personally have never had much trouble with people rolling on stuff that a player of the appropriate class in the appropriate role needed.

The trading issue in crosshard instances has to do with that your main server holds your database, and once you receive the drop, it gets bound to that server. Right now, it's a technical limitation. It would be nice if they were able to remove that restriction in the future. You can, however, still ticket a GM and they will check and move the item. Been there, done that. No issue, save for a little waiting time.

As to fishing: "correlation does not imply causation". The bots didn't appear because fishing was boring. Firstly, it bores YOU, some people might actually enjoy it (I do, sometimes). Fishing attracted botters because it is easy to automate and provided easy access to platinum. Their first fix of lowering notoriety rewards actually made the situation worse as the demand for fish for turn-ins factually trippled (by virtue of reducing the payout by a factor of three in the hotfix). With the current changes, you should see a decline in fishbotting. You might, however, see an increase in ore/butchering/harvesting bots. Those are, however, tougher to automate, need more supervision and need to be of appropriate level as they will have to deal with mobs, and are thus not nearly as highly profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailero View Post
    I know people who have run the same dungeon over 150 times and still has not gotten the item they need
    I am gonna call bs on this one. Considering the expansion has only been out for 2 months, plus you have get to level 60 to start an expert dungeon (takes time to get to 60) you can only do a max of 13 LFD dungeons in 1 week at first, then 1 a day after that, plus that would require you hit the same dungeon each time you queue, and if you select the same dungeon from LFD you get locked out for 24 hours. I don't see 150 attempts being possible.
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

Dungeons in most MMOs are always annoying because it's always random drops for gear.

I remember in WoW during BC I grinding a dungeon who knows how many times to get a robe, and I ended up getting something better and never saw that robe.

The nice thing about Rift is that you don't have to touch dungeons. You can easily be geared for a raid simply using the Zone event vendor.
    Getting all the gear and upgrading it once isn't that hard to do, and/or mixing it with some crafted gear and you'll easily get the hit and other stats you need to raid.

The only thing you'll miss is a trinket, since for whatever moronic reason, Trion decided to only let you get trinkets either by PvPing or doing dungeons, not even including a simple blue quality one for the zone event vendor, or a green one from quests, or even crafted ones.
    But other than that! lol

QQ the RNG butthurt. I've been there. It sucks, but you gotta pay your dues.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiron View Post
    I am gonna call bs on this one. Considering the expansion has only been out for 2 months, plus you have get to level 60 to start an expert dungeon (takes time to get to 60) you can only do a max of 13 LFD dungeons in 1 week at first, then 1 a day after that, plus that would require you hit the same dungeon each time you queue, and if you select the same dungeon from LFD you get locked out for 24 hours. I don't see 150 attempts being possible.
    I'm sure you aren't aware that before it was fixed last week, you only had to log out and log back in to be able to re-queue the dungeon you were just locked on. Many people did this and ran the same dungeons 5-10 times a day sometimes and got sick of it before they did it again the next day. Exploits of this type comes across my way from just the people I know and talk to. So nothing I've said is BS, especially what you pointed out.

The week of SL release, i ran over 60 Experts (in just 1 reset). And that week had lvling to 60 included. You can check Leaderboards and u'll c me up there with 50+ dungeons done (and that didnt include all the Unhallowed boneforge and SBP back then, they were bugged and didnt count towards ur dungeon count).

So by now, its totally doable for a person to have run 1 dungeon 100 times or even more.
    Last edited by DaCommando; 01-26-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    Retired

This is just all sorts of wrong.
    LFD isn't a 24 hour lock.
    You can continue to queue for random dungeons even when you're out of random dungeon bonus (and this will put you into dungeons you're 'locked' to).
    I didn't use any exploits or anything special and did one dungeon 27 times in a week, and I wasn't even close to the playtime of the truly 'hardcore'.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    QQ the RNG butthurt. I've been there. It sucks, but you gotta pay your dues.
    that's the thing, do I? if I want to get bend over by RNG, I can install d3 and have it without a sub. or I can just roll some dice. no need to submit to a game mechanic from 10 years ago.

don't get me wrong, I know a game needs a random factor as a carrot etc, but the whole idea of the token system was to work around the RNG (it doesn't drop what you want/need? well, just buy it then). I don't mind having to grind towards something for weeks, but if that grind doesn't lead anywhere it's hard to justify it in the first place.

worst case rift ends up like mop where you have frigging RNG EVERYWHERE - all for the sake that people keep p(l)aying.
    Last edited by Gray; 01-26-2013 at 04:13 AM.

MATH TIME!

SL has been out about 74 days. Subtract maybe 7 for leveling to 60 we get 67 days of experts. You can run a specific dungeon once a day, that's 67 attempts at the same dungeon. You can then random queue and it will reset lockouts. That's another 67 with some effort and a little luck each day which brings the total to 134. The remaining 16 can be days when it was done more than 2 times due to some super luck with the random queue (I had a day when I got SBP 3 randoms in a row, not too hard to do).

Is it do-able? Yes. Does it take a lot of luck with queues and or a very stubborn person? Heck yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    MATH TIME!

SL has been out about 74 days. Subtract maybe 7 for leveling to 60 we get 67 days of experts. You can run a specific dungeon once a day, that's 67 attempts at the same dungeon. You can then random queue and it will reset lockouts. That's another 67 with some effort and a little luck each day which brings the total to 134. The remaining 16 can be days when it was done more than 2 times due to some super luck with the random queue (I had a day when I got SBP 3 randoms in a row, not too hard to do).

Is it do-able? Yes. Does it take a lot of luck with queues and or a very stubborn person? Heck yes.
    Again, expert lockouts aren't 24 hours. I haven't determined the exact mechanism for their reset, but I've been able to direct queue for a dungeon at least 3 times in a single day before.

Why are you so mad?

Half your issues are with people rather than the game, good luck fixing people.
    The other half are just you being upset you lost a roll. It happens, get over it.

As for being mad about upgrading gear only to replace it. What? That's the whole idea behind getting gear, you acquire gear to aid you in acquiring more gear so you can acquire better gear which assists you in acquiring better gear which helps in obtaining better gear. You get the point.

Stop grinding experts for that one rare drop if you don't enjoy it. Just accept the 12 DPS loss and go beat the trivial raid enrage timers by 9s instead of 10s.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 01-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Nope.

Or u can just relog and reset ur expert instances... 150 prob an exaggeration but i prob have run golem foundry 60 times for that damn warrior gun
    XAVEN - Warrior - Deepwood
    Virus
    (4/4) TDQ - (4/4) FT - (5/5) EE

Ascendant

You can only remain angry for as long as you limit yourself to 5-mans.

You don't need full epic expert-tier gear to clear raid content. I guarantee you, whatever gear you currently have, is better than any single player had going into the first boss kills in Frozen Tempest.

You probably have better rep etc as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast