+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crucia Crushing Defiler

Default Crucia Crushing Defiler

Ok So im the defiler/mech driver and everything is just peachy untill phase 3 when we swap platforms. When we get up there and the tank pulls I am getting owned like royally. It is an insta gib not 4 seconds into that phase. So my question is what can my raid do to help me out with this issue? All I can find out about this phase is its a two breath tank swap, cleansing, heal through orbital, and I mech cleanse, channel the tempest down, mna drain crucia. I am sure I am missing something and its probably a reflect of some sort but, I am completely dumbfounded. Hoping I can get a PM, or someone could throw me a bone here.
    Last edited by xnemesis; 01-24-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Have someone else do the mech. A dps is a good choice. A defiler is likely the worst choice, as you can't keep up your Husk of Indifference, which is causing you to get killed.

You likely don't have husk up going into the phase (which is not your fault, but simply because you are in a mech suit) and are getting killed by Crucia attacking the tank.
    Last edited by apalebluex; 01-24-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Oriyo@Laethys
    No Quarter #1 NA

Ascendant

This is a bug, it has nothing to do with maintaining Husk of Indifference or mech or anything else. Sometimes the initial hit on the Defiler after entering 2nd platform will be for 90% of their health
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-24-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Plane Touched

Its probably you leaving your beacon on the 1st platform. Just right click its buff when you switch platforms otherwise you take like 2 billion link damage

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    This is a bug, it has nothing to do with maintaining Husk of Indifference or mech or anything else. Sometimes the initial hit on the Defiler after entering 2nd platform will be for 90% of their health
    90% of the defiler's health is not dead. You're alive if you get hit for 90% of your health. If you are inside the mech, you cannot maintain the Husk of Indifference, so any intercepted damage will kill you.

If this is a bug, it would not kill you as the OP said. It would take you to 10%.
    Oriyo@Laethys
    No Quarter #1 NA

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by apalebluex View Post
    90% of the defiler's health is not dead. You're alive if you get hit for 90% of your health. If you are inside the mech, you cannot maintain the Husk of Indifference, so any intercepted damage will kill you.

If this is a bug, it would not kill you as the OP said. It would take you to 10%.
    We use a Defiler as mech every single pull for Crucia and have yet to see him die in phase 3.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 01-24-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    We use a Defiler as mech every single pull for Crucia and have yet to see him die in phase 3.
    Is the defiler linking the tanks? Maybe link damage is so low now that my point is moot.
    Oriyo@Laethys
    No Quarter #1 NA

Ascendant

Is the defiler linking the tanks? Maybe link damage is so low now that my point is moot.
    Yes he is. The link damage is very low since the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Yes he is. The link damage is very low since the change.
    Jesus christ, that's depressing.
    Last edited by apalebluex; 01-24-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Oriyo@Laethys
    No Quarter #1 NA

Ascendant

Our defiler has been maintaining links on all tanks since SL released, and has had minimal survival issues.

I asked him about the crucia thing and he figured it out a while back but never told me. Mizza's explanation is correct; the beacon getting destroyed on the first platform will kill the Defiler unless they have Chimera's Gift active.

Even on Goloch our defiler doesn't really spike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Our defiler has been maintaining links on all tanks since SL released, and has had minimal survival issues.

I asked him about the crucia thing and he figured it out a while back but never told me. Mizza's explanation is correct; the beacon getting destroyed on the first platform will kill the Defiler unless they have Chimera's Gift active.

Even on Goloch our defiler doesn't really spike.
    Gotta despawn dat totemmmm
    Last edited by apalebluex; 01-24-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Oriyo@Laethys
    No Quarter #1 NA

Well damn that just makes too much sense lol thanks so much I was literally about to throw my computer out the window.

nice
    /10cahr
    NQ - Foo

Yes I have witnessed silly beacon related deaths, those are not fun

Raspuddin

+ Reply to Thread