+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MoonfireSpam
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam
  • 1 Post By mo0trix

Thread: Raiding Weekly

Shadowlander

Default Raiding Weekly

I'm not here to complain but I was wondering what you guys thought of this..

Personally I don't like how the locks work, if you down one boss your locked and yes I understand its there for a reason.

What if you only got locked loot wise though instead of completely, personally I would love to be able to help people in raids that can't quite make it as far as they want to go. Also, when learning these fights; only being able to practice them once a week is kind of a bummer.

Would this be a game breaker, is there some sort of exploitation that can result from this? I guess I could see people pushing alts and carrying people through the content this way, and i know this game is already easy enough on people that we don't need more people who can't play their class carried. But would it really ruin the game if in our guild we had 2 groups of people running the 10 man and a couple of people from the core group helped the second group progress. Maybe keep it within guilds that you can re-queue without the option to attain loot.

Just curious, any feedback is more then welcomed.

Also this would make the transition from the 1 10 man to the 2 20 man raids a little bit less of a slippery slope for the smaller guilds.
    Last edited by SolPoint; 01-21-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SolPoint View Post
    I'm not here to complain but I was wondering what you guys thought of this..

Personally I don't like how the locks work, if you down one boss your locked and yes I understand its there for a reason.

What if you only got locked loot wise though instead of completely, personally I would love to be able to help people in raids that can't quite make it as far as they want to go. Also, when learning these fights; only being able to practice them once a week is kind of a bummer.

Would this be a game breaker, is there some sort of exploitation that can result from this? I guess I could see people pushing alts and carrying people through the content this way, and i know this game is already easy enough on people that we don't need more people who can't play their class carried. But would it really ruin the game if in our guild we had 2 groups of people running the 10 man and a couple of people from the core group helped the second group progress. Maybe keep it within guilds that you can re-queue without the option to attain loot.

Just curious, any feedback is more then welcomed.

Also this would make the transition from the 1 10 man to the 2 20 man raids a little bit less of a slippery slope for the smaller guilds.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...e-content.html

Been asking this question myself for the last eight months now....loot locking beats instance locking hands down.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...e-content.html

Been asking this question myself for the last eight months now....loot locking beats instance locking hands down.
    I really like the way you explained in your thread actually.. IDK for me the most fun parts of the game are the expert dungeons and the raids, probably because its the only challenging part of the game. Don't get me wrong i like the rewards for doing them, but they really are the part of the game i enjoy the most. It would be so nice if i could keep running expert dungeons and raids and just be loot locked rather then only having the option to do a random expert and no chance in hell to do the raids untill reset.

I almost think as far as dungeons go, if i can do random as much as i want anyway for dungeon drops why not make it so your locked from loot on randoms if you don't have any daily bonuses left, and only lock dungeons when you queue for them specifically but only locked for loot instead of not being able to queue for that specific dungeon.

I can see where this would lead to longer queues which would definitely be bad, but i really dont see any huge downfalls to either of these ideas. But i'm sure something got to exist for these strict rules to be in place.

That, and Trion already has their hands full.. I get on here and see that each and every person wants something different fixed/added/removed... Which is a good/bad thing because people on this game almost seem spoiled by the fact that the GMs actually respond and take advice from the subscribers. I like this but at the same time, people ask for and complain about some really dumb stuff.

I'd like to hear somebodies take on these ideas though that are against it.. I can only see it from 1 perspective right now and its looking good to me.

You'd also soak the lifespan of this content in something extremely flammable and light it on fire.

Your run of the mill player doesn't even -want- to do experts anymore after a few rounds because A) They gain nothing from it and/or B) They've done it a bajillion times and no longer want to do it again.

Lootlocking a raid instead would obviously give you A, as well as contributing -alot- towards B.

That aside, if you're learning a fight, you probably aren't at the point where you'd kill it without a good number of pulls. So the "but I'd only get to practice once a week on a boss" argument is kind of bull.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I wouldn't mind a loot lock per boss per raid either, and prefer it over the current situation.

At the moment our guild has around 25 people ready for Triumph of the Dragon Queen. But since not every player can raid on the same day(s), it is pretty hard to make groups that a) have the roles and dps required and b) won't get a lock that prevents them from raid more that once per week, even if they didn't complete the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfauve View Post
    I wouldn't mind a loot lock per boss per raid either, and prefer it over the current situation.

At the moment our guild has around 25 people ready for Triumph of the Dragon Queen. But since not every player can raid on the same day(s), it is pretty hard to make groups that a) have the roles and dps required and b) won't get a lock that prevents them from raid more that once per week, even if they didn't complete the raid.
    That's something that you kinda shoulda sorted out during the recruitment process.

Most raiding guilds specify their raid times; its both a convenience for those looking for guilds that raid on specific days and serves to avoid situations like the one you described... where you have raid ready people who cannot make the same days.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I'm not entirely clear on how you'd want the loot lock to work.

For it to work properly, it would require that if any 1 player in the raid has looted that boss in that week, then no loot can drop off it again that week, regardless of the other 19 people... they'd ALL recieve nothing.

If you don't intend it to work like this, then the implications of a change like this are huge and would essentially break the game.

Plane Touched

first off here this is just bringing what wow did into rift. Second the big thing is from the start until it was fixed this system was exploited and that's not good. I understand where it would be nice say i ran first boss FT and killed him and my guild didn't get others and another group is spamming for crucia i could join them and just loose on the 2 bosses in between if we killed are but in all reality this system isn't needed in this game and really just isnt that amazing work as a guild as a whole and you will succeed unless people in your guild/raid are any good then you might wanna look somewhere else to raid if thats the case

This topic arises every time new content is released. Until the content is on farm, some people want to find the easy way to get the kills/loot. Some stick with their guild's progression capability, others wanna do more, and progress with other guilds if they can. Some just love raiding and wanna raid whenever they can! Regardless of your reason, Loot Lock isnt the way.

Instead of changing the whole mechanic of how raid locks work, the answer is way simpler than that. Alts!

At the current state of the game, now is the best time to have your alts lvled and can pug with other guilds. If you really enjoy a class, there is nothing wrong with having 2 lvl 60s of the same class.

P.S: You cant say i want loot on my main coz the whole idea behind your post is "Loot Lock", so in other words, if you have killed few bosses on your main, you shouldnt have the option to roll on loot on these bosses again.
    Last edited by DaCommando; 01-22-2013 at 03:26 AM.
    Retired

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    This topic arises every time new content is released. Until the content is on farm, some people want to find the easy way to get the kills/loot. Some stick with their guild's progression capability, others wanna do more, and progress with other guilds if they can. Some just love raiding and wanna raid whenever they can! Regardless of your reason, Loot Lock isnt the way
    Some of us just want to raid more, like you said....and just because ME leveling an alt and taking the looooong road toward getting this toon raid prepared doesnt mean that my guild is willing to do the same. I see a whole lot of guilds in need of raiders....raiders that just dont exist.....Rift is no longer a large scale MMO like it used to be a year ago....community is shrinking. You could tell all these guilds to merge but we all know they wont...some of them will break off to other guilds others will just outright leave the game, keeping the game alive takes players so how can we keep the majority interested instead of the priveliged few?

This is a fantastic idea to keep those with more time on their hands playing....after all the loot lock system suggested keeps you raiding for the sake of the raid and not for the loot

Prophet of Telara

I would really just like it if you were locked per boss, not per raid. For Example, last week something came up and I had to miss a raid night. My guild went to FT and downed first 2 bosses. I am now stuck, I can try to PuG it and get the first couple bosses down, but not be able to help my guild on the third and get in my practice attempts -or- I can go with my guild to 3rd boss and miss out on the marks/loot from the first two. If I was just locked per boss, I could go PuG the first 2, then still join my guild for the third.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Well just being loot locked I think could cause problems of people being able to constantly practice fights over and over and as you said too many people would be carried through for relics and what not.

However I would like to see a change to the system to lock people by boss and not by ID. Similar to what SWTOR did. Even though that game is fail I liked being able to group up with people to finish an instance that were on the same boss as me and not having to hunt down people that were in the same group and hoping they are all on and able to finish at a moment's notice.

I don't see really any drawbacks of making it lock by boss as apposed to raid ID especially since they added all this cross shard grouping stuff.
    XAVEN - Warrior - Deepwood
    Virus
    (4/4) TDQ - (4/4) FT - (5/5) EE

+ Reply to Thread