+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: EE guide anywhere?

Default EE guide anywhere?

would like to ask if theres a guide for ee ( saetos for a start ).. cant seem to find any info except some videos.

thx in advance

Not sure if they are any atm, probs now that many guilds have everything on farm they will have more time and post strats.

Meanwhile heres my channel, all SL bosses with TS chat on em, you can hear/guess most strats from them
    And if you still got a specific question you can mail/comment, ill do my best to answer.

GL
    Last edited by steveirrthum; 01-21-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Oria <Exploit>

Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

=> Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

Should prolly poke Whitelady to make some
    AFK.

Are the videos not enough? >_>

They usually contain a wealth of information... with just a few tidbits you may have to fill in yourself.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    Should prolly poke Whitelady to make some
    Yea shes being lazy atm^^
    but as i said now that everything is on farm, and HM are still a while away, ppl will update strats.
    Check http://rift-mmorpg.com/ now and then for updates.

Oria <Exploit>

Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

=> Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

Well, that and a metric ton of guilds are still kinda at the same level of progression (3/4,2/5) and are *kinda* in competition. Give it a couple weeks for most of the raiding guilds to make it 3/4, 4/5 and you will see guides pop up as folks clean up their farm runs to make decent strat videos. Also, it's kinda hard to make a strat video when each fight explanation starts with "To overcome this bug, you will..."
    Last edited by Valavus; 01-21-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Also, it's kinda hard to make a strat video when each fight explanation starts with "To overcome this bug, you will..."
    In it's current state, only one bug sticks out in my mind, and that's Sicaron during Regulos. Everything else seems to be fine or 100% workaroundable without any thought, which is why I can't actually even think of any more bugs.

As most said though, just watch videos, a lot of people have them...I have every boss kill myself, you can understand probably 75% of a fight from a video alone.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 01-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    In it's current state, only one bug sticks out in my mind, and that's Sicaron during Regulos. Everything else seems to be fine or 100% workaroundable without any thought, which is why I can't actually even think of any more bugs.

As most said though, just watch videos, a lot of people have them...I have every boss kill myself, you can understand probably 75% of a fight from a video alone.
    Right, but not every player has the same outside-the-box mentality a 1% raider comes equipped with. Some people's muscle memory takes longer to kick in, and honestly...most guilds don't spend near as many hours wiping as that 1% does before calling it to relax and do other junk while researching over the following day.

Are the bugs small and easy to overcome, yeah. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they have been around for over a month now with little to no attempt to fix them unless they made the encounter outright impossible to finish. People want a enjoyable experience, and bugs ruin that. Unless it's one that shoots the tank out the top of a volcano, amiright?
    Last edited by Valavus; 01-21-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Ready Check>

Are the bugs small and easy to overcome, yeah. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they have been around for over a month now with little to no attempt to fix them unless they made the encounter outright impossible to finish.
    Gelidra: Nothing
    Zaviel: Nothing
    Twins: If your dps is too high, but not high enough, you get orb + LOS at the same time, not a bug
    Crucia: Mana double ticks (does this still happen?) Everything else is fixed

Saetos: Nothing
    Kain: Nothing (the only bug was fixed)
    Matriarch: Nothing
    Goloch: Nothing
    Regulos: Sicaron is bugged vs pets and his own contracts

Where are these bugs?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 01-21-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Gelidra: Nothing
    Zaviel: Nothing
    Twins: If your dps is too high, but not high enough, you get orb + LOS at the same time, not a bug
    Crucia: Mana double ticks (does this still happen)

Saetos: Nothing
    Kain: Nothing (the only bug was fixed)
    Matriarch: Nothing
    Goloch: Nothing
    Regulos: Sicaron is bugged vs pets and his own contracts

Where are these bugs?
    Gelidra: Wrath double/triple ticks..don't tell me random hits of 21k on raid members is intended. Lucky Puri shielding shouldn't be a mechanic.
    Zaviel:None here
    Twins: Orb mechanic is wonky as all hell, there is thread about this.
    Crucia:No pulls on her yet, but I'll take your word on it.

Saetos: Zone of Defilement is firing off in completely random(and invisible) directions. Just brute forcing through the dps/heal debuff in later phases when all the mobs get it.
    Kain:Nothing of note, as we've debunked most of what we thought was bugged.
    Mat:None
    Goloch: See Crucia.
    Reggie: See Crucia.

And a quick question..I heard that she was still cleaving and breathing out her baby-maker...true/false?
    Last edited by Valavus; 01-21-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: I fail at posting in general
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Ready Check>

Gelidra: Wrath double/triple ticks..don't tell me random hits of 21k on raid members is intended. Lucky Puri shielding shouldn't be a mechanic.
    This has never happened to us to my knowledge. Generally no one ever dies or even dips below 1/4 hp.

Twins: Orb mechanic is wonky as all hell, there is thread about this.
    We have never had an issue with the orb, the only issue is orb + LOS at the same time, but we can kill it in under 4 minutes now to circumvent this from happening.

Saetos: Zone of Defilement is firing off in completely random(and invisible) directions. Just brute forcing through the dps/heal debuff in later phases when all the mobs get it.
    I did forget about this, but we just ignore it because it's a negligible debuff that can be 100% ignored and stood in. When we got WF on Saetos, we did not even mention this ability because it did not matter at all, hence it was completely ignored. There's no point in worrying about it.

And a quick question..I heard that she was still cleaving and breathing out her baby-maker...true/false?
    False, that was fixed.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 01-21-2013 at 04:45 PM.

You are prolly killing the birds too fast to notice the double/triple ticks. If your dps is a little slow on the swap when they come up, Arcbound will strip the shielding off raid members, and the bug will rear his ugly head. It only claims about one or two people now that the puri burnout bug has been fixed...but it's still annoying to the person who is standing in the exact spot he/she should be, and gets melted into the floor with 20k+ health.

And I will agree that Zone is a minor bug to deal with....for a above average raid team. Average raid groups will be severely hampered by a constant 20% dps nerf when it comes to getting that shield down. I'm not arguing that it's hard, it's just unnecessary and not intended.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Ready Check>

First of all, thnx for the answers guys. Now some things abt saetos.
    1) is there a specific order to pull the mobs? First "this" mob then "that" mob?
    2) enrage time and total dps needed about?
    3) the tank that has the 2-3 mobs need to be close for healing purposes only?

From the rest mechanics i saw
    - avoid purple crap
    - get in! mechanic
    - "Zone" which can be ignored, hopefully
    - "shield" which takes a random mob and need to be dps'ed down
    - saetos and last mob need to killed together

am i missing something?

p.s warrior dps spec for this 1? i smell 51/23/2 FT1/2 style

Champion

I cant seem to call out what youre talking about with gelidra, do you mean the birds randomly hitting non tanks for huge damage? if so thats solved by having the tank that has the cyclone to just stand under the bird. at least thats what we / i do. for the saetos it does lay the carpet down so to say, in any random direction but you can out heal it fine.

Prophet of Telara

We've taken the mutiple aoe ticks on first boss as intended. Always run two puris and two chloros and now noone ever dies. If people do then you're healers are slacking. Majority of initial damage is absorbed by shielding (not lucky, just knowing how to play puri) and then remainder is topped quickly ny aoe chloros maximising output during that phase.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast