Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: EE guide anywhere?

  1. #16
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    I cant seem to call out what youre talking about with gelidra, do you mean the birds randomly hitting non tanks for huge damage? if so thats solved by having the tank that has the cyclone to just stand under the bird. at least thats what we / i do. for the saetos it does lay the carpet down so to say, in any random direction but you can out heal it fine.
    No, it is an ability casted by Gelidra that is supposed to hit random party members but sometimes ticks twice (usually enough to oneshot a person through a puri shield) and occasionally 3+ times (on tanks who have enough HP for it to tick that many times) in a single instant. Clearly a bug. But it is very inconsistent, we have had nights where it doesn't happen and nights where we see 3 people die from it every pull.

  2. #17
    Sword of Telara Valavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    I cant seem to call out what youre talking about with gelidra, do you mean the birds randomly hitting non tanks for huge damage? if so thats solved by having the tank that has the cyclone to just stand under the bird. at least thats what we / i do. for the saetos it does lay the carpet down so to say, in any random direction but you can out heal it fine.
    It's not the birds, it's Wrath of the Storm that is cast by her non-stop until you push her back into phase one. It can and does double and sometime triple hit within one timestamp. If the player has a shield on them, you won't notice it too much. There has been no dev comment on it despite multiple thread mentions on it, so it may be intended to run 2 puris smashing one macro over and over.

    And for Saetos, the only direct danger you suffer from it is getting hit with multiple zones while moving out of a ground AoE. It hits for 8-9k iirc, so 2-3 hits of that at once can be deadly with the right situation in play.
    Valavus - Cleric R69
    <Terrible Idea>

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    crucia mana bug is still there. but does not happen too often.

  4. #19
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    The twins' orb mechanic works fine; odds are pretty high that someone (or multiple someones) screwed up and either genuinely doesn't know or doesn't want to fess up.

    Out of the 13 raid bosses in this tier currently (4FT, 5EE, 4ToDQ) there currently exists 7 bugs that I can think of, each on a different boss.

    The only one that comes close to breaking the encounter is Crucia's mana doubletick, but that happens fairly infrequently... and can still be compensated for.

    You can bash'em all you want, but it seems to be in a pretty decent state atm.

    So about half the bosses have like... one bug each, and all of the bugs can be dealt with without taking extraordinary measures.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 01-22-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  5. #20
    Sword of Telara Valavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    The twins' orb mechanic works fine; odds are pretty high that someone (or multiple someones) screwed up and either genuinely doesn't know or doesn't want to fess up.

    Out of the 13 raid bosses in this tier currently (4FT, 5EE, 4ToDQ) there currently exists 7 bugs that I can think of, each on a different boss.

    The only one that comes close to breaking the encounter is Crucia's mana doubletick, but that happens fairly infrequently... and can still be compensated for.

    You can bash'em all you want, but it seems to be in a pretty decent state atm.

    So about half the bosses have like... one bug each, and all of the bugs can be dealt with without taking extraordinary measures.
    Still bugs, still annoying. Plus, we won't know for sure how our heals/dps will end up after the "fix". Some of these annoyances may just get uglier. But we'll overcome it, i'm sure. It's kinda unreasonable at this point in time to expect ALL bugs to be eradicated.
    Valavus - Cleric R69
    <Terrible Idea>

  6. #21
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Still bugs, still annoying. Plus, we won't know for sure how our heals/dps will end up after the "fix". Some of these annoyances may just get uglier. But we'll overcome it, i'm sure. It's kinda unreasonable at this point in time to expect ALL bugs to be eradicated.
    Aside from Regulos, the bosses were all killed before these dps bugs reared its ugly head to the public... by people with less gear (at the time) and no SL runes or conquest power perks.

    So its obviously doable, even if they eradicated all of the double-dipping bugs from every ability it had afflicted.

    Pretty sure they're generally easier now too, with the bulk of the bugs (and all of the encounter breaking bugs) having been fixed and a few select nerfs having already taken place.

    The broken specs were never meant to be; any guild who find themselves unable to down a boss they had before because it was fixed probably would've never killed it in the first place.

    Though, I kinda doubt they would just flat out fix the bugs. Herp Derp Logic demands that they buff something to "compensate" players for what they lost. Even though what they lost was something they never should've had in the first place... but I guess that's an irrelevant point.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple steveirrthum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Gelidra: Wrath double/triple ticks..don't tell me random hits of 21k on raid members is intended. Lucky Puri shielding shouldn't be a mechanic.
    I guess u refere to Birds 1shotting ppl?

    The add have proximity aggro, so if your tanks arent the closest your dps will most likely die.
    Thats not a bug tho.
    http://rift-mmorpg.com/rift-raid/gelidra-strategy/
    Read up strats before calling bugs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    All or almost all the bugs have been fixed before any "non-pro/hardcore" got to raid bosses.
    In FT only cruica mana bug remains, and we had the "bidge delay" last time too, but that was 1 in 20last crucia wipes/kills. (back then you have 1 in 20 unbugged tries)

    In EE:
    -yes Zone of Defilement is "Hard to see" for some ppl, even tho i personally never had a problem with it (fix your wooden PCs ppl) but its not bugged (nor should you care anyway as it does nothing pretty much..)
    And its still easy to solve, have your tank face him away from raid..

    - and regulos' debuff still doesnt work as "fixed in patch" and sicaron sometimes buggs a bit..

    But those are no game breaking mechanics..
    Try having "Infinty Storm" 1shotiing you for 3weeks then coming back as "Storm of Failure" after fix to troll you more


    Every game has some bugs at launch, i remember other MMOs being ALOT worst.

    Being frustrated about low or slow progress doesnt mean everything is bugged.

    If you find a mechanic bugged or hard you can always post it on forums, you will get it fixed, get trolled and get help if its not a bug.
    IMO ppl rely too much on written strats to carry them, the best part of raiding is figuring out the fights!

    Oria <Exploit>

    Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

    => Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

  8. #23
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Twins: If your dps is too high, but not high enough, you get orb + LOS at the same time, not a bug
    How come people keep bringing this up? As you said it's not a bug and has nothing to do with dps but with timings. I think it happened to us once while progressing and wiped us at 5% or so, then we figured you should place the twin you are going to los so that you can solve wisps and los the twin at the same time.

    I guess guilds have been lucky enough to not get this timing ever and just figured it was easier to stop dps and stuff to avoid it rather than slightly changing their tactic when it did happen.

    On the Wrath of the Storm issue on Gelidra, didn't they reduce the damage of it later on? I remember it killed people within a second in the beginning, mostly because lack of endurance gear and since it's supposed to be an entry level boss people weren't really able to get the hp for it easily..
    Last edited by Whaitiing; 01-22-2013 at 07:51 AM.

  9. #24
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    No, it is an ability casted by Gelidra that is supposed to hit random party members but sometimes ticks twice (usually enough to oneshot a person through a puri shield) and occasionally 3+ times (on tanks who have enough HP for it to tick that many times) in a single instant. Clearly a bug. But it is very inconsistent, we have had nights where it doesn't happen and nights where we see 3 people die from it every pull.
    ahh ok thx :P
    Osteo

  10. #25
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveirrthum View Post
    I guess u refere to Birds 1shotting ppl?

    The add have proximity aggro, so if your tanks arent the closest your dps will most likely die.
    Thats not a bug tho.
    http://rift-mmorpg.com/rift-raid/gelidra-strategy/
    Read up strats before calling bugs.
    Incorrect, it has been explained at least 3 times already in this thread

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple steveirrthum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Incorrect, it has been explained at least 3 times already in this thread
    Well as many said before, heal it!
    Dunno whats hard about it, get more gear if needed or heal it^^

    Oria <Exploit>

    Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

    => Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

  12. #27
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveirrthum View Post
    Well as many said before, heal it!
    Dunno whats hard about it, get more gear if needed or heal it^^
    If it can be done in greens and blues, it can be done now. It's fine :-D

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple steveirrthum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    If it can be done in greens and blues, it can be done now. It's fine :-D
    Exactly

    Oria <Exploit>

    Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

    => Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

  14. #29
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveirrthum View Post
    Well as many said before, heal it!
    Dunno whats hard about it, get more gear if needed or heal it^^
    If you'd like I can pull up some parses of people getting hit by double ticks and I'd love your input on how to heal through a completely random oneshot through puri shields.

    Pretty much we just deal with it using brezzes and it isn't much of an issue, but it's still a bug.

  15. #30
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    If you'd like I can pull up some parses of people getting hit by double ticks and I'd love your input on how to heal through a completely random oneshot through puri shields.
    Its called HP. There are multiple ways to get it. These fights were done in honest to god actual blues and green with levels of hit that shouldn't even of been in there and way less than the bare min on end from armor, etc. They were killed with this level of gear. Given the level of gear that people are going in there now, complaining that people can be one shot said more about the player than the encounter...

    Pretty much we just deal with it using brezzes and it isn't much of an issue, but it's still a bug.
    Meh, gkick them and tell them they can come back when they have the appropriate gear and consumables. Anyone getting 1 shot on gelindra to ANYTHING is severely lacking in basic easy to get gear and consumables (aka crafted). Gkick should be the minimum wake up made.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts