+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chronicle: A Hero Rises ... Broken for Clerics?

Soulwalker

Default Chronicle: A Hero Rises ... Broken for Clerics?

I have concerns that the Chronicle for Clerics is broken for Drops. I have a mage and was able to get an item drop for almost every slot very quickly. However on my Cleric I seem to only the same 5 items over and over again. I though at first I just had bad luck, but as I checked around with other clerics they were seeing the same issue.
    The only thing that seems to drop for clerics are:
    Neck, Belt, 1-hand, Helmet and pants.

There's the chest, shoulders, gloves, etc ???

Yes, myself and people I know may just have bad luck with drops ... but its very discouraging getting the same neck and 1-hand every day ...

Random randomness is random.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Similar results here. I had just assumed that was all there was. At a rough estimate I'd say I've seen 4 necks, 12+ belts, 3 1-handers, 4 helmets, and 3 pants.

If there's anything else that drops in there it's news to me. At this point I just run it for the 1-2 marks and some items to salvage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ysabell View Post
    Similar results here. I had just assumed that was all there was. At a rough estimate I'd say I've seen 4 necks, 12+ belts, 3 1-handers, 4 helmets, and 3 pants.

If there's anything else that drops in there it's news to me. At this point I just run it for the 1-2 marks and some items to salvage.
    Those look like exactly the same % drops I'm getting. I know for mage there are additional items: Gloves, off-hand, Chest.
    Considering that Cleric also has a Tank set ... there should be a shield for cleric ... one would think.

Of course we run them for the marks ... but I'm of the firm belief that this was over looked and not included for the this chronicle.
    Last edited by Jokai; 01-18-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Plane Walker

I had just thought that was all there was too.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jokai View Post
    These are the only things I have ever seen drop and I've done the chronicle nearly everyday since it launched. I had just assumed that these were the only items in the loot table for clerics.

Rift Chaser

I have run it every day since it was released and have never seen the cape drop.
    Last edited by Yirk; 01-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.

I'm going to have to chime in and agree here, something seems broke.

Have done the Chronicle every day, and I have yet to see anything other than a useless neck, useless helm, 2 belts, pants, and 1h hammer. At least a loot table would be nice so I know if I'm wasting my time doing this thing every day.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

I had the same crappy luck for my rogue heh. 2 weeks and i didn't even know I could get a dagger!

I never saw any pant or chest or anything interesting, while the warriors of my guilds definitely get some, i never heard about any cleric having any interesting loot in it.

Soulwalker

"I have run it every day since it was released and have never seen the cape drop. "

I don't think there is a cap drop for any class.

Shadowlander

"I have run it every day since it was released and have never seen the cape drop. "

I don't think there is a cap drop for any class.
    Actually for my Mage I've dropped several capes in A Hero Rises. I don't recall the original, but the upgraded version I have is Empowered Cape of Crackling.

Mages are likely to have items for more gear slots than other classes simply because they only require one set of equipment. At least in the sense that they don't need to switch out gear to go from DPS to Tank like Warriors, Clerics, and Rogues.

I've actually wondered about the drops Mages would get from this chronicle because of this.

My Warrior is my only toon at 60 currently, and I've got the pants (which can be looted twice and then one upgraded to DPS version and one upgraded to tank version), a tanking 1-Hand (which sadly is Main-Hand only - would've been nice to make it so you could dual wield since Warlord has that whole block without a shield thing), tank stat ring (which isn't unique-equip so you can wear two) a 2H DPS weapon, a DPS belt, and DPS Boots (labeled "Greaves").

So by my count 7 different items you end up with (8 total items though since you can wear two of the tank ring).

Yes, Mages may get more gear for each individual slot, but that's because they don't need itemization for tanking and DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.

Ditto here... that is all that has dropped for my cleric with 30+ run thrus.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elaani View Post
    So by my count 7 different items you end up with (8 total items though since you can wear two of the tank ring).

Yes, Mages may get more gear for each individual slot, but that's because they don't need itemization for tanking and DPS.
    2 belts for dps, the only difference I can recall between them is that one upgrades to blue and one of them goes purple. A one hander/helmet/neck that all have a single upgrade. The only item with an upgrade path is the pants that can go dps or tank.

I suppose that would be 7 items like a warrior if you counted both belts for some reason. It is hardly an itemization between roles though since everything except the pants is just a generic dps/healing item (though the 1 hander is passable for tanking if you haven't found anything else).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast